Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
MiamiE
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Erick
Trading: (38)
RA
MiamiE will become famous soon enoughMiamiE will become famous soon enough
Default 601 LE Macho

Purchased this stick today at Sabor Havana Sunset.

Beautiful band and Habano wrapper, although it is not my favorite tasting. After cutting with my Palio I get a strong cedar taste. Toast the foot and off we go.

Initially there is a slight hit of pepper. Nothing crazy though. Big time cedar moves in with hints of chocolate. Pretty much stayed the same way the whole cigar. Lots of cedar with hints of chocolate. The Macho has a "cubanesque" feel and taste to it. Could be the Habano wrapper. Overall I enjoyed it and for $7 I will be looking for more!
MiamiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 601 LE Macho

Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #3
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiE View Post
Beautiful band
.....Erick.....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
MiamiE
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Erick
Trading: (38)
RA
MiamiE will become famous soon enoughMiamiE will become famous soon enough

I kind of like it. I know most hate it.
MiamiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I will have to give one of these a try. Thanks for the review.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Nice dog.... oh crap, sorry. I meant nice review.

What a ugly looking band, but I know you don't smoke the band. They need the old ones back.
Adriftpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #7
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Now on the hunt to find one of these...thanks Erick.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #8
OHRD
Garage w/ couch & ashtray

First Name: Matt
Trading: (39)
OHRD will become famous soon enoughOHRD will become famous soon enough

Great review, been wondering about these - haven't seen them locally yet. And +1 for me on hating the new bands...
Old 12-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #9
76GTFan
Full Blown Section 8

Trading: (9)
RA
76GTFan is on a distinguished road

Not a fan of the band, but doesn't matter. If I know I like it, then ship em naked for all I care. Nice review and I will be looking out for these. 601 green is my favorite Pepin out there in the price range.
76GTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:50 PM   #10
pinotguy
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (13)
pinotguy is on a distinguished road

Just a heads-up - This stick won't be available nationally. It's an LE made for a friend of Eddie and Erik to celebrate the release of a book that was recently published. Sabor Havana is the only B&M who carries these. IIRC, it was a very small run ~ 375 boxes (or so), 10 sticks per.

I just smoked my second one of these last night and, to me, they are a terrific stick. Maybe the best 601 to date.
pinotguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #11
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinotguy View Post
Just a heads-up - This stick won't be available nationally. It's an LE made for a friend of Eddie and Erik to celebrate the release of a book that was recently published. Sabor Havana is the only B&M who carries these. IIRC, it was a very small run ~ 375 boxes (or so), 10 sticks per.

I just smoked my second one of these last night and, to me, they are a terrific stick. Maybe the best 601 to date.
Damn!!! There went my chances of trying one.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #12
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Nice Review, Erick!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #13
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Damn!!! There went my chances of trying one.
Mac: You're Just Like Me, Brother! One Day We'll Learn We Can't Smoke Every Single Cigar Out There!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #14
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Mac: You're Just Like Me, Brother! One Day We'll Learn We Can't Smoke Every Single Cigar Out There!
I'm trying real hard though.