Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 06-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Jimmy Buffet's Frozen Concoction Maker

NEVER posted in here before, but as many of yu know, I am a post whore and I have to spread the love around eventually.
Seriously, I don't keep liquor or beer in the house, so what do I know about drink?
Alot.
Every Saturday my friend Mark hosts "Markaritaville" at his condo down by the river (not van-shaped). He received the
MFCM as a Christmas gift, and I bet it stayed in the box for 6 months, because he THOUGHT a blender made a decent
frozen drink.
HA.
This machine is the greatest invention for the kitchen/bar since the cocktail strainer. We have all made daquiris in our
kitchen before, and even if you get it all just right, you still get chips of ice in there, and frankly, it just can't measure
up to a restaurant quality frozen concoction. ENTER the $199 Bahamas model Frozen Concoction Maker, the bottom
of the line. You can spend 4-500 clams on the top of the line, there are three models to choose from.
But all you get is more pitcher capacity and more and useless switches. The bottom of the line unit makes a drink
that tops anything you can get in a bar or restaurant, because the consistency is the same, but the blend is up to you.
First the unit shaves the ice to a tiny chip, dispensing it into the blender mounted below. Once the right amount of ice
has been shaved, the Blender itself kicks in and easily knocks those chips into superfine crystals while blending the drink.
It will do it by itself or you can operate the controls manually. "But I don't WANT to spend 200 bucks on a blender..."
Fine, live in a cave the rest of your life. I AM moving on.
Buy it, work it, live it. You will never find a better drink maker in your lifetime.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MargaritavilleFrozenConcoctionMaker.jpg (11.6 KB, 364 views)
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default Re: Jimmy Buffet's Frozen Concoction Maker

Very cool!!!

I use a Smoothie maker!!! Very similar!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:49 AM   #3
blooz4u

OLS -

My neighborhood (3 houses) split the cost of the Fiji model. It does an WONDERFUL job at making margaritas, daiquiris, Pina Coladas, and just about anything you can throw at it.

One of the best investments we've made, and you can use it year round!

"Two thumbs up"

Old 06-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

YUP, my friend had his, and like I said, we wear it OUT, but last month, I freakin ordered my own.
And like I said, I have no alcohol in the house.
But cut the grass or weed the flower beds and come in and drop some frozen drink concentrate in it,
those little round tubes, and add a splash of water and BAMMO, what a cooler-offer.
As for no alcohol in the house, it's due to the bachelor-hermit lifestyle. having it at home would just be sad.
I DO DRINK....I am from NO, lol. It's the greatest invention since the potted-meat poboy

---------------

OH, I remember why I bought one finally. I was making a Robin's Egg milkshake around easter time,
you know, those malted milk balls, and my blender went whup-annng, and one of those eggs blasted
out the side of that blender and bounced off the wall and smacked me upside the head, leaving a
huge hole in the side of the blender. Milk shake cancelled. Ordered it the next day.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #5
blooz4u

Potted meat or spam Po'boys as a kid (born and raised on the Westbank) then, when I could afford it, it was Hot Sausage ( Pattons all the way) fully dressed. Man, makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

We usually crush Patron margaritas on the weekend. Especially since it's 98 degrees + here in Dallas this week!
Old 06-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #6
OLS
Suck It

The FIJI...I know that is the top of the line, then I went to the website and there is one that
makes freaking 3 pitchers at once. Holy moley.

http://www.margaritavillecargo.com/FCMLanding.aspx
by the way
Old 06-17-2009, 12:02 PM   #7
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
YUP, my friend had his, and like I said, we wear it OUT, but last month, I freakin ordered my own.
And like I said, I have no alcohol in the house.
But cut the grass or weed the flower beds and come in and drop some frozen drink concentrate in it,
those little round tubes, and add a splash of water and BAMMO, what a cooler-offer.
As for no alcohol in the house, it's due to the bachelor-hermit lifestyle. having it at home would just be sad.
I DO DRINK....I am from NO, lol. It's the greatest invention since the potted-meat poboy

---------------

OH, I remember why I bought one finally. I was making a Robin's Egg milkshake around easter time,
you know, those malted milk balls, and my blender went whup-annng, and one of those eggs blasted
out the side of that blender and bounced off the wall and smacked me upside the head, leaving a
huge hole in the side of the blender. Milk shake cancelled. Ordered it the next day.

I have one of these, the next model up.....Father's Day present last year....I bring it out by the pool and whip up drinks all day....LOVE IT!!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #8
blooz4u

Quote:
The FIJI...I know that is the top of the line, then I went to the website and there is one that
makes freaking 3 pitchers at once. Holy moley.

http://www.margaritavillecargo.com/FCMLanding.aspx
by the way
"Stay thirsty my friends!!"
Old 06-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #9
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooz4u View Post
Man, makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
I was going to open a REAL po-boy shop here in Memphis, to show them what
it was really all about, but it sounded like alot of work, lol. I love a good
Roast beef po-boy with a handful of napkins for all that gravy that runs down
to your elbows. Then there is the Soft-shell crab po-boy from New Orleans
Hamburger Company. And the shrimp poboy from any one of about 50 gas stations in and around.
And my alltime favorite, the OYSTER poboy!
OH wait, wasn't this about daquiris, lol. OK, I am going to lunch, that's it.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #10
blooz4u

Quote:
I was going to open a REAL po-boy shop here in Memphis, to show them what
it was really all about, but it sounded like alot of work, lol. I love a good
Roast beef po-boy with a handful of napkins for all that gravy that runs down
to your elbows. Then there is the Soft-shell crab po-boy from New Orleans
Hamburger Company. And the shrimp poboy from any one of about 50 gas stations in and around.
And my alltime favorite, the OYSTER poboy!
OH wait, wasn't this about daquiris, lol. OK, I am going to lunch, that's it.
LOL - The oyster Po'boy is my wifes favorite. She must consume 8-10 of those things when we make our way back home. I don't think the gas stations are around anymore ( At least the Danny & Clydes aren't )

It was a sad day when K&B, McKenzies, and Danny & Clydes went away...
Old 06-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #11
OLS
Suck It

That's the good thing about a thread on this particular line-up. It's not like anyone is going to complain,
or have a differing opinion. It is simply too good for that. I guess that's what they mean by what's not to like.
OK, there IS the little matter of the embarassingly high price, but they don't come off of it in some
secret online clearinghouse. You pay the price no matter where you find it. They sure ain't giving em away.

Last edited by OLS; 06-17-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:13 PM   #12
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Danny & Clydes went away...
OMG, Danny and CLyde's....you had to say it. That was the place. I think the last one we had in Luling,
or Boutte, whichever you want to term it, was gone several years ago, and it really hurt.
But they had a place called Gator Stop in Boutte, it was a Chevron station, and they had a popcorn shrimp poboy
on fresh french bread about 7 inches across and about 14 inches long, 5 bucks. One person could eat the poboy,
and another could eat all the shrimp that fell out when you tried to cut it or bite it. Massive.
But it was like that French Bread from Winn Dixie, too fresh and chewy to bite. I like the old-time crusty
po-boy bread from Best Bakery or Levron's. But it was only about 3 inches wide. My God, the memories.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #13
blooz4u

Yup... I believe if you want the best french bread, contact Gambino's bakery. I think they'll even ship it out to you! YUM YUM!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #14
galaga
Just call me Slappy.

Trading: (3)
galaga has a spectacular aura aboutgalaga has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

I was wondering wassup with all your posting these days

You didn't have this many posts in ten years......

.....but keep on truckin, I enjoy the reviews
Old 06-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #15
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Yup... I believe if you want the best french bread, contact Gambino's bakery. I think they'll even ship it out to you! YUM YUM!
And the good thing about that is, as kids we all thought it was stale
anyway, you could remove teeth with some of that stuff. But our parents
grew up on that stuff and loved it and we ended up falling in love with it too.
So what's an extra couple days in transit? I'll check that out.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #16
blooz4u

Quote:
And the good thing about that is, as kids we all thought it was stale
anyway, you could remove teeth with some of that stuff. But our parents
grew up on that stuff and loved it and we ended up falling in love with it too.
So what's an extra couple days in transit? I'll check that out.
The crunch was what always made a good Po'Boy. Crunchy, flaky outside, chewy in the middle.

I think they freeze it before shipping or something to that effect.

Let me know how it goes. I also found a local place here in town that brings the Patton hot sausage fresh in every week. Heaven once again!! Also, more grocery stores around town are carrying Blue Plate !!
Old 06-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #17
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

I will be getting this fantastic machine!
Old 06-18-2009, 04:27 PM   #18
blooz4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner View Post
I will be getting this fantastic machine!
You won't regret it man!! Makes em damn near better than the restaurant!
Old 06-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #19
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

This looks great. My wife said we need a new blender.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:44 AM   #20
OLS
Suck It

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=south+park

This is PROOF that these are a true cultural icon. An entire episode featuring
the Margatitaville machine. In case you do not have time to watch the whole show
(scroll down third show on the left "Margaritaville") the machine is used as a plot device
wherein the machine substitutes for mortgage-backed securities....funny, very funny,
but the other subplot is straight out of the new testament. Worth a quick watch.

It's Friday after all. The first 3 minutes are as funny as any show they've done.