Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 04-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #41
sharpsbigfifty

Default Re: Mu New Premium Wood Carved Military Humidor!

Did you buy that as a retirement gift to yourself?
Old 04-10-2009, 12:03 AM   #42
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruzee View Post
Nice work, but I agree with the other guys. We here at the Asylum don't take too kindly to being hoodwinked. Beautiful box though. Very pricey too.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:37 AM   #43
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick View Post

stearns
Old 04-10-2009, 09:34 AM   #44
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpsbigfifty View Post
The bottom line is some members assumed that he was trying to sell something on the board. You know what happens when you assume something. Maybe next time ask instead of assuming. tfallis welcome to the board. for the record most of the members were congratulating you on your beautiful humidor.
I did ask, and when confronted he came back with a conflicting story to his original one. Just find it odd, first post claiming the superiority of a humidor he hadn't even seen yet. Kind of like a first post claiming that some people are wrong for assuming he is selling something. This is a nice community we have here and most people have a pretty good BS meter and something like this throws it up real fast, and it seems a lot of the time long standing members figure it out sooner or later.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #45
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner View Post
Haha when you are with stupid you are with stupid...and I am usually with stupid!
Old 04-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #46
Gone Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick View Post
You caught on to that huh James.......
Old 04-10-2009, 10:24 AM   #47
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Beautiful looking humi.
MedicCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #48
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
The bottom line is some members assumed that he was trying to sell something on the board. You know what happens when you assume something. Maybe next time ask instead of assuming. tfallis welcome to the board. for the record most of the members were congratulating you on your beautiful humidor.
The bottom line is that much of this forum has been together for well over 3 years across 2 boards and we are very protective of our home here and of each other. If something seems to be suspect, we will react and if we are wrong, we will admit it when proven wrong. This approach has worked in the past as you may understand when you see more of this board's culture. Keep in mind that on this board the community is as important as the cigars.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #49
sharpsbigfifty

watch out tfallis is at it again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Engraved-Mi...1%7C240%3A1318

If you click on the ebay link at take the time to read it you will see how tfallis obtain the link to the web site to post the pics. chippewastud79 I think you owe the man an apology.

Maybe you can pint out the conflicting story, I and others don't see it. The man was simply bragging about the fine looking humidor he had just purchased. Also he has every right to be proud of it.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #50
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

You can see my previous posts where I point out the akwardness of his posts, I do not need to type them again. 3 posts only about the same humidor that hadn't even arrived yet. And for the record please don't claim that others don't see it, because in the thread and messages other long standing members have seemed to have seen some thought provoking content as well.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:23 AM   #51
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

Quote:
watch out tfallis is at it again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Engraved-Mi...1%7C240%3A1318

If you click on the ebay link at take the time to read it you will see how tfallis obtain the link to the web site to post the pics. chippewastud79 I think you owe the man an apology.

Maybe you can pint out the conflicting story, I and others don't see it. The man was simply bragging about the fine looking humidor he had just purchased. Also he has every right to be proud of it.

I dont follow how Maliszewski putting up another humidor up for auction dis-proves Adams claim??? Why? Because there is a link to the designers website???

Im not saying that tfallis is trying to trying to shamelessly plug anything, and Im not saying that he isnt.

And I must agree with Adam, that you shouldn't say that "others dont see it". Please dont speak for others on this board, especially when there have been more that agree with Adam than dont.

Anyway, its a beautiful humidor. Kudos to the craftsman.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:45 AM   #52
Smoke Naked
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bill
Trading: (0)
CoastGuard (Served With Honor)
Smoke Naked is on a distinguished road

Although he was very excited and post whored all over the net, this guy seems legit. Anyone with accesss to AKO can look up Thomas Fallis, I can't, but the guy in the last post did.
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums....php?p=4048709
I think if tfallis had just waited and taken his own pictures instead of using the manufactures pics everything would have been all right.

So the moral of this story is, if you buy something new that is "crazy expensive" take your own pictures so people don't think you are trying to sell said "crazy expensive" item in your first post.

♥ ♦ Palio Fanboy Here ♣ ♠
Smoke Naked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #53
ChasDen

Regardless of the OP's intent, as a craftsman I must admit it is a fine piece of furniture. As for the OP I too find it odd he signed up at multiple sites all at once to brag about his new purchase.

The main question I have is whats the whole "Military humidor" thing?

No disrespect intended and if I need educated feel free to do so but is it just the engraving that makes it a Military humidor? Or is is intended for just Military members?

Advice to the OP if affiliated with the builder just introduce yourself or have the builder do it, offer up your products and treat folks fair. Build it and they will come! Many vendors have had great success here and elsewhere that way.

Chas
Old 04-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #54
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Nice humi. Way overpriced IMO.

Kind of reminds me of a thread of palio's are crap and I don't even own one or do I or do you. Heck I don't even know my own name! Adam I think you think we have another Wingate on our hands! What say you?
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:54 PM   #55
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasDen View Post
Regardless of the OP's intent, as a craftsman I must admit it is a fine piece of furniture. As for the OP I too find it odd he signed up at multiple sites all at once to brag about his new purchase.

The main question I have is whats the whole "Military humidor" thing?

No disrespect intended and if I need educated feel free to do so but is it just the engraving that makes it a Military humidor? Or is is intended for just Military members?

Advice to the OP if affiliated with the builder just introduce yourself or have the builder do it, offer up your products and treat folks fair. Build it and they will come! Many vendors have had great success here and elsewhere that way.

Chas
Quit disrespecting our military members I was wondering the same thing!
Old 04-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #56
leasingthisspace

My guess is the emblem on the top. I was wondering too.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:09 PM   #57
tooomanycolors
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Dan
Trading: (11)
Bolivar
tooomanycolors is on a distinguished road

very nice, but I dont think my dad needs one
Old 04-17-2009, 11:14 PM   #58
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Thanks for the extra pictures tfallis, glad you are participating in the forum. It sure does look great, I am on my way to buy one now

Bill, did you pick one up?
Old 04-17-2009, 11:28 PM   #59
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:11 AM   #60
sharpsbigfifty

No, I didn't pick one up. They do look nice. I would like to see one done up with one of the outdoor scenes. Maybe the walleye or the deer, I think that would look sharp.