Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-13-2008, 06:03 AM   #1
Bruzee
Have My Own Room

First Name: D
Trading: (30)
Partagas
Bruzee has disabled reputation
Default Please Vent... Stress relief

We all need a source to vent out what is dragging us down, or stressing us out. This is the place to do just that. Share your sh*tty day/week with the Asylum to free your mind and soul.

I have had one of the worst weeks I can remember. Between the gossip trail at work and the wife begging from a second child, I found myself grasping at straws. I find it nearly impossible to balance the professional image and maintain complete control of my home life. It has felt like I have been living two completely different lives. I cannot explain the impact on my personal life that the job has created. I know this will pass, but it feels like crisis mode for now. It is hard to imagine what the other side looks like, yet I pursue forward. I am a believer in the way the 'system' should operate. I have been shown recently that the 'system' doesn't operate like it should. Yet it caters to 'who you know' not what you know. I am having a hard time with being a team player, knowing that the system I support, is going to screw me in the end. I guess the lesson of the day is "Worry about numero uno".

Please share your struggles and revel your sources of stress. We all need to vent, as it is healthy to do so........
Old 11-13-2008, 07:04 AM   #2
theycallmedan'lboone

Default Re: Please Vent... Stress relief

Bruzee sorry to hear you're having a rough go. "this too shall pass"

my run of luck lately hasn't been that bad, but some smaller stuff is starting to compound... Christmas coming up, having to buy some presents early as My little brother is deploying soon, money is tight, not getting any better... I was supposed to be worth a few million by now... The wedding planning is frustrating, as much as I try to be involved and help, the more trouble I seem to be. I seem to have zero motivation to get out and hit the gym, take a run or anything like that. just trying to push through.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:27 AM   #3
Resipsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruzee View Post
I am a believer in the way the 'system' should operate. I have been shown recently that the 'system' doesn't operate like it should. Yet it caters to 'who you know' not what you know. I am having a hard time with being a team player, knowing that the system I support, is going to screw me in the end. I guess the lesson of the day is "Worry about numero uno".
I empathize with you. The Number 1 asshole in this office spends her whole day sucking up to the boss, does a shitass job, and is treated like gold.

Unfortunately I work in a satellite office that my boss runs as his private fifedom far away from the real powers that be,(who I believe would be horrified if they knew what goes on here) and nothing is going to change other than my leaving. ........."God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change those I can.........."yada yada yada
Old 11-13-2008, 07:46 AM   #4
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I've been staring at the same $2.00 cieling tile for 6 weeks now.
shilala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:14 AM   #5
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I've been staring at the same $2.00 cieling tile for 6 weeks now.
You sure put things into perspective Scott. Hang in there!
And none of this------
Old 11-13-2008, 08:14 AM   #6
rrplasencia
monica lewinsky

First Name: Richard
Trading: (55)
JL Navy (Served With Honor)
rrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of light

I'm the chef of a restaurant, this restaurant has and owenship group of about ten people. One of these people is a chef, he's a hack. My training is Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Conrad, Nubu (places along those lines). Why hire a chef with all this talent and then tie his hands as to what he can do (micro manage). The money is good, it's 10 minutes from my house, we only open for dinner, we close thanksgiving and Christmas. My wife works the hours of a normal human being, i work nights, weekends, holidays, birthdays, anny's (whenever you would go out to eat). So i see her at night for about 30 minutes then she goes to bed. I stay up til about 2am wake-up at 7-8 she's gone and i take care of the kids until i leave. My days off are mon-tue so she is working and i see her when she gets home. Work is work it's not called fun, life can suck at times which is why some of the 1129 of us on CA post at odd times. only cure: find a hobby like troop support and have a smoke.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:18 AM   #7
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation
Thumbs up Re: Please Vent... Stress relief

I found out Tuesday that I was going to be laid off at the beginning of the year. Could be worse. I still got 4 paychecks coming and new beginnings.

Kevin
Old 11-13-2008, 08:32 AM   #8
Tombstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick View Post
I found out Tuesday that I was going to be laid off at the beginning of the year. Could be worse. I still got 4 paychecks coming and new beginnings.

Kevin
Great attitude to have!! Hang in there Kevin!!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #9
Bruzee
Have My Own Room

First Name: D
Trading: (30)
Partagas
Bruzee has disabled reputation

Quote:

Kevin
Best of luck brother.... I'm sure something will come your way.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:46 PM   #10
Tenor CS
Feeling Better!

First Name: Christian
Trading: (2)
Cohiba
Tenor CS will become famous soon enoughTenor CS will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Kevin
Sorry to hear that, my friend. If $ gets so tight that you need some cigar relief shipments, you know you can count on me. I'm only a PM away.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:23 PM   #11
4WheelVFR
Wild'n since '87

First Name: Ray
Trading: (36)
Montecristo
4WheelVFR has a spectacular aura about4WheelVFR has a spectacular aura about

Good News: Got a kick-ass job that I really like and get paid well...

Bad news: Quit my old job and got laid off at the new job.
I'll be back in March, so I guess it's not too bad.
4WheelVFR is offline   Reply With Quote