Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Gurkha Grand Reserve Torpedo

Date: 3/7/09

Cigar: Gurkha Grand Reserve Torpedo (6.5 x 53)

Cost: I don't remember. It was part of a sampler.

Drink: Coca-Cola (the best cola)

From Cigars International's site: "The Grand Reserve features a premium Connecticut shade wrapper, and each cigar is infused with fine Louis XIII Cognac, resulting in a unique, subtle, pleasant and light finish. Not dipped, sprayed or injected, this secretive process is utterly unique, resulting in an extraordinarily mellow, subtle and refined taste that has not been duplicated by any other cigar maker."

Appearance: This has a Connecticut wrapper on it. There were a couple veins showing. The cigar comes in a clear class tube sealed with a cap and wax. The appearance gets a 10/10 .

Taste of the cigar: This cigar is creamy with some sweetness to it.

Construction: Held an average ash. The draw was a little loose, but I didn't mind. The cigar seemed to be a bit underfilled toward the cap. The cigar required a few touchups probably because of the heavy winds.

Strength: This was a medium cigar. I think this is a good morning-afternoon cigar.

Summary: This cigar was good. I finally found a Gurkha that is decent. I won't go out of my way to buy another one, but if I get one in a sampler, I won't hesitate to smoke it. I give it a 7/10.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote