Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 06:18 AM   #4421
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluck View Post
Thanks Francis,great info.

I was thinking about it too....if rifles overall length is near the same with a short barrel/long flash bidet and a longer barrel and short FH then I think I would take the slight accuracy advantage of the longer barrel. IMO of coarse.
primarily the difference between barrel weights is only about 3oz in many cases.

BUT it's 3oz on the very end, subject to leverage and the laws of physics, so it feels like a lot more when you're shooting it.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #4422
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

My wife's ar is 14,7" with a vortex perm attached
Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #4423
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
I'm halfways tempted to experiment with a 1911 9mm for a 3gun pistol... not because my Glock17 is bad, but just because I LOVE shooting 1911s .... but a decent 9mm 1911 is also a decent $$$, so I think i'll probably stick with the G17 for now.
Once in a while Springfield Armory will run off a batch of the Mil Spec line in nine millimeter, 5" barrel. Less features than the Loaded Series but if you can live with the the Mil Spec fixed sights (I'm NOT talking about the GI model) the other amenities are things you could add later or do without.

I don't have one anymore but Colt made the plain jane 1991 Series in 9mm and .38 super as well as .45acp. All three were available in Gov't and Commander sizes if memory serves. Until the current hysteria hit you could pick one of those up at a very good price most of the time. The 5" 1911 in 9mm is indeed an easy gun to shoot.

Another alternative (not easy to find either, sorry, you were born too late ) would be the Browning Hi Power, one of the later versions with ambi safety and decent sights.

For what it's worth the newest variant is available with adjustable sights that are low-mounted into the slide. Trouble is those haven't been out very long so you'd be paying new-gun-prices for them.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #4424
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Well took my Cw45 to the range. They had a limit of 2 boxes of range ammo per person. Shot 2 boxes of the range reloads and 1 box on Win PDX. Gun hated the range loads. Think they're loaded too long. Zero problems with the PDX JHPs.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #4425
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Limit of two boxes? That's kind of stupid, regardless your going to sell them all and your still going to run out. Unless their trying to stretch it out till supposed restock date, either way your still going to make customers angry. Are they one of those ranges that allow instore ammo only?

Last edited by bonjing; 01-17-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Fat fingers
Old 01-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #4426
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

No they allow any ammo u bring. They were trying to stretch it out. I guess they figure if I pay the range fee and buy all their ammo they only make 12 plus the ammo. It they spread it out over 10 people then they still sold all the ammo but got 10 range fees.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #4427
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
No they allow any ammo u bring. They were trying to stretch it out. I guess they figure if I pay the range fee and buy all their ammo they only make 12 plus the ammo. It they spread it out over 10 people then they still sold all the ammo but got 10 range fees.
Which range Justin?
Old 01-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #4428
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
Another alternative (not easy to find either, sorry, you were born too late ) would be the Browning Hi Power, one of the later versions with ambi safety and decent sights.
Another option only slightly newer than the browning but hard to distinguish is the CZ75 that was my first 9mm and was about the most reliable one I ever owned even fed 147gr black talons with no issues.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #4429
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

So nothing here at SHOT, not many companies are taking on new accounts, and the ones we have are not taking any orders and the ones that do are still estimating 1 year plus out. Good news is they are all working overtime trying to push stuff out without sacrificing quality!!! So be patient guys.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #4430
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Which range Justin?
Gun gallery on beach.

At least she feeds my jhps like butter
Old 01-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #4431
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Gun gallery on beach.

At least she feeds my jhps like butter
That's what I thought, thanks.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #4432
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
So nothing here at SHOT, not many companies are taking on new accounts, and the ones we have are not taking any orders and the ones that do are still estimating 1 year plus out. Good news is they are all working overtime trying to push stuff out without sacrificing quality!!! So be patient guys.
I live here and I'm not even going to SHOT. Too much on backorder as is.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #4433
big pete
Going to the darkside....

PL
big pete will become famous soon enoughbig pete will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
Limit of two boxes? That's kind of stupid, regardless your going to sell them all and your still going to run out. Unless their trying to stretch it out till supposed restock date, either way your still going to make customers angry. Are they one of those ranges that allow instore ammo only?
My friend just stopped by Reed's (to pick up his new gun) and they were only selling 9mm ammo for range rentals. 4 box max per lane
Old 01-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #4434
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Botach tactical just lost more than a few notches in my book....

Placed an order last week for 9 items of various kinds. A few parts for the glock, a rail for an HK, a hand grip, a .22 mag, you get the idea. various stuff. ALL IN STOCK.

Just got an email listing EIGHT of those nine things as out of stock, some with as much as an 8 week ETA.... not cool....Shipping & email delays I understand fully... but 8 out of 9 items out of stock? .... >.<
Old 01-18-2013, 12:00 AM   #4435
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Um Francis, you know Botach is one of the worst places to order from right? They're shady as **** and A TON of people have issues with them.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:35 AM   #4436
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Well just ordered up 200rds of 7.62x54r for the mosin
Old 01-18-2013, 01:46 AM   #4437
Robulous78

Had a friend just pick up the Berretta PX4 Storm 9mm... Interesting looking pistol... has a twist recoil action on the barrel... just wondering if anyone knew anything about this...

Old 01-18-2013, 01:58 AM   #4438
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Yep. Beretta first used it in their Cougar model, Stoeger now makes the Cougar (Beretta holdings owns both companies)
Old 01-18-2013, 05:26 AM   #4439
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robulous78 View Post
Had a friend just pick up the Berretta PX4 Storm 9mm... Interesting looking pistol... has a twist recoil action on the barrel... just wondering if anyone knew anything about this...
My son in law has one and I havE fired it at the range.
I find it bulky and not really a fan of that twisting barrel.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #4440
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Um Francis, you know Botach is one of the worst places to order from right? They're shady as **** and A TON of people have issues with them.
well I do now

I think I'll be cancelling the whole order. The only thing I got there that I couldn't get else ware was a 50rd drum for the 15-22, but that won't be in stock till I'm out of the country, so screw em...