Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #21
ChicagoWhiteSox

Default Re: ATVing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Yes, my suggestion is to use my place so he can bring up his ATVs to go riding for pleasure. And yes, he is more than welcome to come up and use my place for a base camp so that HE can go our trail-riding. Yes, there are trails near my house.

I did not say I'd ride with him nor that I use them. In fact, I offered my place - I didn't even say that I'd be there. If my schedule would work out, I would be (unless he wants the place to himself). If I were there at the same time, he could go out riding (w/whoever he brings) and I could do the things I'd like to do while they are gone.

And yes, probably more people do buy those type of vehicles for "pleasure" than for anything else. That's great! I don't begrudge them that! They can do what they please, and I truly pray that they are safe and enjoy themselves.

I also have a boat, don't use it for just bombing around - I use it solely for fishing - it is a tool for a greater purpose.

My only point is that there are some who have these things for other purposes than just pleasure riding.
Some people see no point in golfing, yet many do it.

I like to take my bike (pedal type) out for a ride with my family. We go sight-seeing and can talk over the sound of no engine, we go slow enough to see things, and we get some physical exercise to justify the stop at the ice cream shop enroute. Someone might think I'm nuts to go "pleasure riding" on a pedal bike, and use it simply as a tool to get from point A to point B. Others use it for exercise.

To each his own, whatever that may be.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Don't worry Todd, I already knew that

And by the way, who says a boat is meant for fishing? I use it for pleasure. My "pleasure boat"
Old 08-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #22
BC-Axeman

In a lot of small rural towns ATVs are used to go to the store, visit friends, doing chores, drag a little trailer, winch up a tree for firewood, etc., way more than for site seeing or just going fast.
My wife has a Kaw. Prairie 360 and I have a Suz. DRZ400E street legal dirt bike that we take camping but they are also for the above type things.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #23
Kneo
The Second One

First Name: Anthony
Trading: (3)
Kneo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman View Post
In a lot of small rural towns ATVs are used to go to the store, visit friends, doing chores, drag a little trailer, winch up a tree for firewood, etc., way more than for site seeing or just going fast.
My wife has a Kaw. Prairie 360 and I have a Suz. DRZ400E street legal dirt bike that we take camping but they are also for the above type things.
I wish we could do that here. I would save a ton in gas. If I could talk my wife into Harley I would be in Heaven.