Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-18-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
Kneo
The Second One

First Name: Anthony
Trading: (3)
Kneo will become famous soon enough
Default ATVing!

Anyone here do any ATVing?

I have a KFX 700 and try to ride as much as possible.

Yesterday we got my oldest daughter a upgrade from her power wheels. She was pretty excited.
[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Old 08-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

First Name: Adam
Trading: (15)
WittyUserName has a spectacular aura aboutWittyUserName has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: ATVing!

^^^^ that is awesome, wish I had one when I was that young.

I have been riding my whole life via friends and family rides.
WittyUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

I have a KFX700 as well. ORANGE
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

My ATV is a workhorse for up north. I never got the whole "riding for pleasure" thing.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
My ATV is a workhorse for up north. I never got the whole "riding for pleasure" thing.

I would imagine "riding for pleasure" on an ATV is kinda similar to riding a motorcycle, snow machine, dirt bikes, ect.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #6
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
I would imagine "riding for pleasure" on an ATV is kinda similar to riding a motorcycle, snow machine, dirt bikes, ect.
See, all those are vehicles to get me from point A to point B in some sort of manner which requires something other than a normal car.

A snowmobile get me into the woods when I can no longer drive there.
the dirt bike gets me offroad where I cannot get to with my car, and it is really to far to walk or ride a bicycle.

The motorcycle is the only one which I'd consider buying just to be riding as something different than a normal car to get me from point A to point B.

LIke I said, I don't get the riding for pleasure thing.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #7
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

By the way, I must clarify something. I am not begrudging or belittling those people who enjoy "riding-for-pleasure," hey, more power to you. I've been invited and gone along with friends on snowmobiles, ATVs, motorcycles - and when I got back I was disappointed that I had spent the day doing so. I would rather have taken the day fishing with them, or sitting in the backyard playing cornhole or ladder ball.

I remember the one "pleasure ride" on snowmobiles. We got to the first stop almost 2 hours later and my buddy comes back to me, "Wasn't that great?" We were supposed to be "seeing the sights" enroute. At an average of 50 MPH I had all I could do to keep an eye on him and the trail in front of me, I really didn't see much of anything. It was cool going fast, but for 2 hours? And, you don't talk with one another while on the machines, so what's the point of going with someone?

Anyway, it is great that some people enjoy that. To each his own. I was just stating that as an ATV owner, some of us use them for other things than just going out for a ride.

By the way, if someone comes to my place up north and wants to take the ATV out for a pleasure ride, I will happily give them the keys to go for it, I know there are some great trails around my place - just at the end of my driveway they can get on one.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #8
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Hey Anthony, want to us my place in Ogema as a base camp for some trail-riding in Price County and the surrounding area of the Chequomegon National Forest? This year? Next year? Let me know.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #9
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

I rode a Kawasaki Brute Force 650 on the beach at my old job, one of the few things I miss about that place
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #10
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
See, all those are vehicles to get me from point A to point B in some sort of manner which requires something other than a normal car.

A snowmobile get me into the woods when I can no longer drive there.
the dirt bike gets me offroad where I cannot get to with my car, and it is really to far to walk or ride a bicycle.

The motorcycle is the only one which I'd consider buying just to be riding as something different than a normal car to get me from point A to point B.

LIke I said, I don't get the riding for pleasure thing.
I would say that most people don't buy snowmobiles, atvs or dirtbikes to be used as a source of transportation, but rather for pleasure. I might even go on a limb and say the same about motorcycles, I mean don't most people who ride bikes also have a car? I know not everyone, but most. That's just my observation.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #11
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Hey Anthony, want to us my place in Ogema as a base camp for some trail-riding in Price County and the surrounding area of the Chequomegon National Forest? This year? Next year? Let me know.
Rev, that's riding for pleasure
Old 08-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #12
Kneo
The Second One

Quote:
Hey that would be awesome, Not sure about this year, but could probably work out something next year. That would be a blast!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #13
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

First Name: Scott
Partagas
Scothew will become famous soon enoughScothew will become famous soon enough

We have a bayou 250, great little atv. sporty enough that my wife can ride it pretty hard and enjoy it, utility enough for me to hunt off of or do yard work around the house.

Im itching for something bigger with a manual clutch if you get my drift.

Bráithreachas Thar Gach Ní
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #14
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

Old 08-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #15
ChicagoWhiteSox

Joe, that looks like a blast!!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #16
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

Quote:
Joe, that looks like a blast!!
The first one in the snow is just out of Las Vegas. The second is Beaver, UT.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #17
Kneo
The Second One

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0eybb View Post

Awesome!
Old 08-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #18
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Quote:
Rev, that's riding for pleasure
Yes, my suggestion is to use my place so he can bring up his ATVs to go riding for pleasure. And yes, he is more than welcome to come up and use my place for a base camp so that HE can go our trail-riding. Yes, there are trails near my house.

I did not say I'd ride with him nor that I use them. In fact, I offered my place - I didn't even say that I'd be there. If my schedule would work out, I would be (unless he wants the place to himself). If I were there at the same time, he could go out riding (w/whoever he brings) and I could do the things I'd like to do while they are gone.

And yes, probably more people do buy those type of vehicles for "pleasure" than for anything else. That's great! I don't begrudge them that! They can do what they please, and I truly pray that they are safe and enjoy themselves.

I also have a boat, don't use it for just bombing around - I use it solely for fishing - it is a tool for a greater purpose.

My only point is that there are some who have these things for other purposes than just pleasure riding.

Some people see no point in golfing, yet many do it.

I like to take my bike (pedal type) out for a ride with my family. We go sight-seeing and can talk over the sound of no engine, we go slow enough to see things, and we get some physical exercise to justify the stop at the ice cream shop enroute. Someone might think I'm nuts to go "pleasure riding" on a pedal bike, and use it simply as a tool to get from point A to point B. Others use it for exercise.

To each his own, whatever that may be.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #19
Kneo
The Second One

Quote:
Yes, my suggestion is to use my place so he can bring up his ATVs to go riding for pleasure. And yes, he is more than welcome to come up and use my place for a base camp so that HE can go our trail-riding. Yes, there are trails near my house.

I did not say I'd ride with him nor that I use them. In fact, I offered my place - I didn't even say that I'd be there. If my schedule would work out, I would be (unless he wants the place to himself). If I were there at the same time, he could go out riding (w/whoever he brings) and I could do the things I'd like to do while they are gone.

And yes, probably more people do buy those type of vehicles for "pleasure" than for anything else. That's great! I don't begrudge them that! They can do what they please, and I truly pray that they are safe and enjoy themselves.

I also have a boat, don't use it for just bombing around - I use it solely for fishing - it is a tool for a greater purpose.

My only point is that there are some who have these things for other purposes than just pleasure riding.

Some people see no point in golfing, yet many do it.

I like to take my bike (pedal type) out for a ride with my family. We go sight-seeing and can talk over the sound of no engine, we go slow enough to see things, and we get some physical exercise to justify the stop at the ice cream shop enroute. Someone might think I'm nuts to go "pleasure riding" on a pedal bike, and use it simply as a tool to get from point A to point B. Others use it for exercise.

To each his own, whatever that may be.

1. Thank you for the offer. I hope to take you up on it sometime

2. You would be more then welcome to join me, as with most things, the more the merrier

3. I also love to get my pedal bike out and ride with my family! As you said it is a great excuse to stop by the ice cream shop or in our case a place called Mullets for branch and one of the best bloody mary's I have ever had.

Pleasure or Work, it doesn't matter. ATV's are a useful thing. Doesn't matter if it is to help you get things done around your property or if it is to enjoy time with friends and going mudding!
Old 08-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #20
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneo View Post
1. Thank you for the offer. I hope to take you up on it sometime

2. You would be more then welcome to join me, as with most things, the more the merrier

3. I also love to get my pedal bike out and ride with my family! As you said it is a great excuse to stop by the ice cream shop or in our case a place called Mullets for branch and one of the best bloody mary's I have ever had.

Pleasure or Work, it doesn't matter. ATV's are a useful thing. Doesn't matter if it is to help you get things done around your property or if it is to enjoy time with friends and going mudding!
Put about 5 hours on the machine this past Sun. & Mon. as I use it to pull a finish mower - and as a skidder to pull cut down trees. Mine is a 2008 Polaris 500 Sportsman X2.