Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-25-2010, 11:17 AM   #261
Chingas
Death Is Waiting

First Name: Chingas
Trading: (35)
Partagas
Chingas has disabled reputation
Default Re: so I recieved a couple of pm's

Damn Ferdie! Hope the pain takes a back seat and stays there. Hoping for a quick recovery Brother. All the best.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #262
NeuRon
Formerly BigRonS

First Name: Ron
Trading: (22)
NeuRon will become famous soon enoughNeuRon will become famous soon enough

bump for this.. congrats on getting your surgery.. im interested on how this worked out for you?
NeuRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:04 AM   #263
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice

Good luck, Ferdie.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:28 AM   #264
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Get well soon man
Old 09-13-2011, 04:21 AM   #265
NeuRon
Formerly BigRonS

you guys should look at the date of the posts right before me.lol.. thats why i bumped it from the dead
Old 09-13-2011, 04:22 AM   #266
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Blast from the past. Old topic. I lost 71 kilo/156lbs so far, I'm in better shape then ever before. I can even choose the women I date nowadays
Old 09-13-2011, 04:23 AM   #267
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
Blast from the past. Old topic. I lost 71 kilo/156lbs so far, I'm in better shape then ever before. I can even choose the women I date nowadays
Keep Up The Good Work, Brother!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:01 AM   #268
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

you will see the difference Greg, in comparison with EPIC 2010 I have lost another 65lbs, hope to loose some more before EPIC2011
Old 09-13-2011, 05:14 AM   #269
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
you will see the difference Greg, in comparison with EPIC 2010 I have lost another 65lbs, hope to loose some more before EPIC2011
Awesome, Brother!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:18 AM   #270
NeuRon
Formerly BigRonS

Quote:
That's awesome man. Reason I bumped this is because I'm going in tomorrow morning for my RNY bypass. Was just looking for info, and figured I'd see how you were making out,hehe. I have actually lost 40lbs pre-op in 3 months, and my goal is to lose another 80. 365SW/323.8CW/240GW
Old 09-13-2011, 05:27 AM   #271
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonS View Post
That's awesome man. Reason I bumped this is because I'm going in tomorrow morning for my RNY bypass. Was just looking for info, and figured I'd see how you were making out,hehe. I have actually lost 40lbs pre-op in 3 months, and my goal is to lose another 80. 365SW/323.8CW/240GW
Thoughts & Prayers Sent For You, Ron!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #272
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonS View Post
good luck on that. My surgery can't be compared though, different technique. With a bypass there are much more difficulties and complications, diet wise. You will always have to avoid certain food while I can eat anything, just small portions. And I can't eat fat fastfood 3 days in a row as I will get the runs, but I never liked fastfood 3 days in a row anyway.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:06 PM   #273
NeuRon
Formerly BigRonS

And what exactly did you have?

BTW, i rather not be "able to eat anything", like you say you can.. At that stage, whats the point?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #274
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

I had a Duodenal Switch.

the point is that I eat way way less, and that everything I eat is filtered due to the surgery. The point? I can eat anything I like and still lose weight. It doesn't have any negative effects on my social life, as I am able to go out to dinner with friends and dates (just skip the appetiser, eat the small steak, leave the site dishes and skip desert instead of eating everything). Friends who had the gastric bypass are more limited in their options than I am, that's why I went for the Duodenal Switch, even though it included 2 surgeries instead of one.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #275
NeuRon
Formerly BigRonS

i dont want my social life to be based around food and dinner parties anymore..
Old 09-14-2011, 05:06 AM   #276
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

my social life isn't based on it, but it is nice to be able to go to a dinner party every now and then, or have a business lunch/dinner on occassion. Or take a date out to dinner and not have her be uncomfortable because you can't eat anything.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:41 AM   #277
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

Health just hit a bump this weekend. I fainted sunday, without a warning whatsoever. Went to see the doc, my blood pressure is low and he wanted me to see a cardiologist. The cardiologist noticed a low heart rate after doing an ecg, so I'm scheduled for more tests.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:55 AM   #278
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

First Name: Adam
Trading: (15)
WittyUserName has a spectacular aura aboutWittyUserName has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Health just hit a bump this weekend. I fainted sunday, without a warning whatsoever. Went to see the doc, my blood pressure is low and he wanted me to see a cardiologist. The cardiologist noticed a low heart rate after doing an ecg, so I'm scheduled for more tests.
I hope everything turns out alright brother. I will be thinking of you.
WittyUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:07 AM   #279
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

Hoping the best on the test Ferdi.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:28 AM   #280
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

In my thoughts, brother.