Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
Pipe&Cigar

Default Taboo Limited Reserve Figurado

I picked up the New Sampler from Rob at Taboo and decided today was a great day to light one up. I chose the Limited Reserve Figurado (With a Connecticut Wrapper?)

Construction was nice, the wrapper had a few areas that were flaking and coming apart, it seemed VERY delicate so I resisted doing a squeeze test. I love lighting the figurados the small foot makes it easy and almost impossible for me to screw up.

The draw was super easy with plumes of bright white smoke coming from both ends. My first impression was "This is a very Light and Mild smoke" I didn't notice any spice, I got a hint of earthiness but could definitely taste the tobacco. This was a morning smoke for me (Which I hardly ever do) so it was accompanied by my Frappuccino Coffee, which really brought out what I can only describe as "Buttery Sweetness" in the cigar.

During the 2/3 my nose picked up some spice (When Snorking) it was still mild and light. The burn stayed perfectly even through the whole cigar. The ash was grayish white and hung well 1"- 1.5" (Who doesn't love a "Well Hung" Ash ) I smoked it to the Nub.

Summary: This was a very nice smoke. Construction was solid, the delicate wrapper made me a bit nervous but it held together. It was light and mild, I found it great as an AM smoke with sweet coffee. Burn, Draw and volume of smoke was spot on!

Thanks Rob,
Ryan
Old 10-20-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Taboo Limited Reserve Figurado

Nice review. I have one or two of these in my humi resting. Your review may have just swayed me to light it up soon. Thanks.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Molarman777

I have a sampler pack just waiting for me when I go deer hunting in a few weeks. I have gone to the cc side but one of the nc I smoke on a regular basis are the Taboo Twist, love'em.

Great review,

Jason
Old 10-21-2008, 04:55 PM   #4
nozero

Thumbs up Re: Taboo Limited Reserve Figurado

Nice review thanks! How much did it cost?
Old 10-21-2008, 07:46 PM   #5
Pipe&Cigar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozero View Post
Nice review thanks! How much did it cost?
thanks for the comments... Rob at Taboo had a great discount going on, I think he still has a 25% off going on (Don't quote me on that LOL) I got the 6 Pack limited reserve sampler for around $25 bucks.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:00 AM   #6
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Here you go nozero.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1943
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:01 AM   #7
Beer Doctor

Nice review! Just had the Havana and it was really good! So far my fav from Rob.