Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
jeepthing

Default 5 Vegas Gold

Cigar Name:5 Vegas Gold
Cigar Size:Double Nickle 5.5x55
Wrapper Type: Connecticut shade
Cutter: Wolf Punch
Beverage: Black Coffee Breakfast Blend
I like the Gold 5 Vegas alot, Its a great mild Morning cigar with a cup of coffee. Very good taste with a touch of sweetness

Construction: 9/10
Great color on the wrapper, firm for the most part with a couple of soft spots. Great shine and smoothness to the wrapper. Box pressed shape

Flavor: 23/25
These smokes are really mild yet flavorful. They definitely are flavorful but they also lean toward mild/medium in my opinion. The first third produced a smoke that was somewhat peppery with some leather and spice thrown in. As the cigar moved into the 2/3, it mellowed into a creamier smoke with a hint of citrus. The smoke from the 1/3 to 2/3 was very cool with little or no heat from the draw. The 3/3 continued with this creaminess but the pepper also returned toward the very end and the smoke started to heat up.

Draw: 9/10
Exceptional draw. Take very little effort to draw smoke.

Burn: 8/10
Started burning uneven. Became around 3/4" uneven at one point, required a touch up with the lighter. Other than that it stayed lit fine and there were no other major issues.

Ash: 5/5
The ash held fine well after 1" and it had that nice salt and pepper color to it.

Smoke: 5/5
This cigar produces a large amount of nice grey and white smoke.

Impression: 33/35
This is a nice mild cigar. Very enjoyable if your looking for mild flavors with sweetness and a bit of spice. Just hint of pepper and citrus

Overall Rating: 92
The value of this smoke is its biggest asset in my opinion; for under$4.00 a stick retail, you get an aesthetically beautiful cigar that is very flavorful and somewhat complex. I enjoy this smoke. I look forward to firing up one these with a great cup of coffee and a good book to read.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 5 Vegas Gold

I have burned through boxes of these!!! I totally agree with you. They are a great morning smoke with some coffee. I enjoyed the toro the most by far.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
GHC_Hambone

Default Re: 5 Vegas Gold

Nice review! I agree these are great cigars and go well with a cup of coffee.