Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

First Name: Nick
Trading: (33)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough
Default 5 Vegas 'A' Anamoly

One word: WOW !

I was totally not prepared for the powerhouse smoke this turned out to be. I will not be able to do this cigar justice in my review, as the tons of flavor it gave was well beyond my limited smoking experience.

It's a very small cigar that is beautiful in color and perfect in construction. Pre-light draw was nice and smooth. It comes wrapped in a cedar sleeve which I removed before taking pictures.

Right off the bat there is tons of strong earthy flavor, along with a nice cedar mixed in with it. I was blown away and my taste buds were jumping for joy. I never imagined this little cigar would be so complex, and give off tons of smoke.

As it moved along, the flavors became more intense ! Not overpowering, but strong enough to make you feel like a man. A nice easy draw had tons of smoke on exhale. I can't begin to explain the flavors that I got from a nasal exhale, but my nostrils were just lit up with amazing sensations.

As it neared the end I did not want it to end. I even went looking for a pair of pliers so I could keep smoking till the nub ! My only complaint is that it only lasted about 40 minutes. Flavors remained all the way, and it never got bitter. This is my new favorite smoke. I wish I was a bit more versed in cigar flavors so I could give this cigar the review it truly deserves.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 5 Vegas 'A' Anamoly

Great cigar, i really like them, happy you enjoyed it!!
Old 12-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Nice review. I've had terrible luck with these. About half tasted great, the others were awful, metallic flavors, soap, terrible burns. I've pretty much given up on them. The Relic and Cask Strength are pretty good, though
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
Nice review. I've had terrible luck with these. About half tasted great, the others were awful, metallic flavors, soap, terrible burns. I've pretty much given up on them. The Relic and Cask Strength are pretty good, though
Posted via Mobile Device
I have a Cask Strenght II that calls out to me every time I open the humi

Perhaps I'll review that one next
Old 12-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Thanks for another great review Nick.

I have a 5 Vegas A monster 6 X 58 "Apocalypse" Scares the life out of me when I see it. I'm gonna have to brave it and smoke that bad boy.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #6
duckmanco
Can't stop whats coming

Location: that forsaken stretch of wood they call Whiskey Grove
Trading: (10)
duckmanco is on a distinguished road

one of my favorite PC's by far... I've gone through a box or so and all have drawn and burned beautifully. I find them rich, earthy coffee, with some slight spice, but nothing in the way of harsh, totally medium bodied. Love them.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #7
dccraft

Great review. I have always like these and I can't remember a bad one in the bunch.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #8
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Nice review Nick.

I quite enjoy this particular cigar and vitola myself too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick View Post
Thanks for another great review Nick.

I have a 5 Vegas A monster 6 X 58 "Apocalypse" Scares the life out of me when I see it. I'm gonna have to brave it and smoke that bad boy.
The Anomoly is the strongest of the line. The Apocalypse is actually rather tame in comparason.

This line is very vitola specific when it comes to strengths and body. The smaller cigars are much stronger, fuller and have more spice and pepper due to the greater wrapper to filler ratio than the larger sized cigars in the line.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #9
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Very nice review, Nick!!!

The Apex is my favorite of the 5 Vegas 'A's!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #10
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Nice review Nick. This vitola is by far my favorite.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #11
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

Hmmm, I've really disliked all of the As I've had. Never tried this size though. Might have to give it a chance.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #12
Cigary

Was this a cigar bought fresh and smoked or one you had in the humidor for awhile? I have found that this cigar smokes really well with a few months on it.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #13
roughrider
Feeling at Home

Trading: (24)
roughrider is on a distinguished road

I've only smoked the Apocalypse so far and it was pretty good.
roughrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:18 AM   #14
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
Was this a cigar bought fresh and smoked or one you had in the humidor for awhile? I have found that this cigar smokes really well with a few months on it.
Picked up a 5er on the devil site and smoked this one ROTT. It was so good I don't know if I will let the rest sit for a while or not
Old 12-07-2009, 06:25 AM   #15
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratters View Post
Hmmm, I've really disliked all of the As I've had. Never tried this size though. Might have to give it a chance.
Same here...this stick just hasn't done it for me. Not like I haven't given it a couple chances either.