Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Old 01-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
CoreyD
Licking my wounds

First Name: Corey
Trading: (23)
LGC
CoreyD has a spectacular aura aboutCoreyD has a spectacular aura about
Default New present

So I just recently moved up in my career and got a state Job. So to celebrate I gifted myself my first Nording Pipe. Haven't smoked out of it yet but it was either this or baccy or cigars and I seen this at the B & M and have always wanted a Nording Pipe. So the pipe purchase for $93 won. Guess I'll have to reward myself with baccy,cigars and a fly rod with my first check in Feb. which is also my sober anni and later in month,birthday. Hehehe.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New present

Looks great! Congrats on the new gig!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: New present

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyD View Post

So I just recently moved up in my career and got a state Job. So to celebrate I gifted myself my first Nording Pipe. Haven't smoked out of it yet but it was either this or baccy or cigars and I seen this at the B & M and have always wanted a Nording Pipe. So the pipe purchase for $93 won. Guess I'll have to reward myself with baccy,cigars and a fly rod with my first check in Feb. which is also my sober anni and later in month,birthday. Hehehe.
Glad you got the new job, congratulations. You have been in my prayers for a while about this.

Also, nice pipe. I like Nordings, they look good. It isn't the style I'd put in my mouth anymore, but the ones I have had were all great smokers and easy to break in.

Just be careful about rewarding yourself with your first check, I think I'd make sure my bills are paid first. Maybe setting aside a little bit with each check over the course of a couple paychecks, and then doing it right. Yeah, it might not be in time for your anniversary date, but...

Just saying. I have dealt with a number of people lately who dug themselves into financial holes because they thought they could have it all, and then ran out of money - needing to get loans or hand-outs to make it through. Putting a little aside and saving up is the better way to go. You can maybe get a nicer fly rod, some more expensive cigars, and a bit more baccy.

Of course, if they are paying you enough that you can have it all with the first paycheck, then by all means - go for it.

Oh, and just a grammatical pet peeve - especially if you are going to go out on speaking engagements, it is "I saw this at the B & M", not seen.

God's blessings with the new job.

Peace of the Lord be with you.