Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-07-2022, 10:02 AM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Man O' War Special-Edition Figurado

https://ajfcigars.com

So. I got a 5 pack of these plus a single from cbid. I've smoked 2 so far and found them to be lackluster. They just did not have a lot of flavor and honestly i found them sort of boring. My palate today is at its peak so I'm hoping this changes my experience with this cigar. I love it when I'm smoking a quorum maduro and it tastes awesome so thats kind of where my palate is so let's give this cigar a fair chance because it really just could've been my palate being burnt out the first two times. So, let's give it a fair shake and start the review!

Wrapper: Dark and oily chocolate wrapper with maybe a vein or two

Pre-light & Draw: Pre-light aroma is hay and coffee, draw is a little loose with hay and grass

immediate chocolate and coffee, dry fruits, hay/grass, mild white pepper, a mild soapy aroma, leather, deep earthiness, caramel, the cigar didn’t; start out very sweet but the sugars are coming in now, bread,

earthiness, chocolate, coffee, dried fruits like raisins, fragrant soap, vanilla, graham cracker, sweet bread, sweet hay/grass, white pepper, some spice,

earthiness, chocolate, coffee, pepper, spice, dried fruits, bread, hay/grass, flavors have been consistent and building, toastiness, nuttiness, cedar,

Ash/Burn: Ash was well packs with little to no shedding. Burn was a little uneven but nothing to ding cigar cigar over

Final Thoughts: so, this was a much better experience today than the previous 2 cigars i smoked. The spice and pepper really started to build shortly into the first 1/3rd. It doesn't have the typical AJ flavors but definitely some typical man o'war flavors with lots of chocolate, coffee, and earthiness. I would definitely recommend this cigar for a 5 pack pickup. Go on Cbid and get yourself some and try them out. I hope you enjoyed my little review today. I was asked to do this one so i'm happy to get it done today. God bless you all!