Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 08-31-2010, 06:57 PM   #21
tenbaseg
Saying no to daily deals!

First Name: Garrett
Trading: (40)
tenbaseg will become famous soon enoughtenbaseg will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cigar mishaps and the like...

Lit up a AF Shark that was MAW'd to me and it started to rain. I was so pissed that it got wet and I wasn't able to enjoy more than 15 minutes of it.
tenbaseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:46 PM   #22
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
Went to a herf and pulled out a CoRo and from across the room comes a guy who started bugging me about the cigar. Even goes as far as asking me if I had any more and if I'd like to trade for one of his larger format Cohiba or Monte something he got in Mexico.

The funny thing is that Vin looked at me with the "Don't do it they are fake" look. The following year Vin opens his travel-dor at this similar herf and that same guy runs across the room and starts bugging Vin about them. He even asks for trades...I was kind enough to give Vin the same look back.
Dumb question and chances are after I find out I will be like DOH! but what does CoRo stand for?
I have done the not paying attention because I was enjoying a cigar while doing a project and put the ash end in my mouth. Horrible! Other than that I have had a cigar or two roll off the table out on the patio and hit the ground and pretty much explode. Amazing how my luck always makes sure it hit the ground head first.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:47 PM   #23
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Dumb question and chances are after I find out I will be like DOH! but what does CoRo stand for?
Cohiba Robusto
Old 08-31-2010, 07:54 PM   #24
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:03 PM   #25
bigliver
Cigarmurai

First Name: Jason
Trading: (9)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
bigliver will become famous soon enough

Ordering from Th*****n's. Now they know I'm an actual person. I don't even know how many trees they've killed sending me catalogues.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:10 PM   #26
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

I've stepped on a couple of cigars. Usually while golfing or doing yard work. Dropped one in the car before too. Not fun. When I run errands with my cigar I often leave it on the running board of my Tahoe while I run in to the store/office/etc. Once I forgot it was there until I was 1/2 mile down the road. The cigar wasn't there anymore.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:13 PM   #27
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

This one time at cigar camp..... sorry wrong thread.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:11 PM   #28
Silound
ex-CS Swamp Gorilla

Trading: (15)
Bolivar
Silound will become famous soon enough

Let's see...left a bag of Padron #9's and two Zino Emperor Edition 2010s on the hood of my truck and took off. Never saw them again. Lost a nice Xikar cutter too.

Ruined more than my fair share of clothing with losing the ash...now I tap it off more regularly.

Washed a few cigars in cargo shorts.

Lost a bag under the seat of my truck. Fast forward a year later and I found them...shredded as they were by the seat rails.

Gave someone a nice cigar and watched them smoke an inch and throw it out.

Watched that same person pick the leftover up later and relight it.

Took a puff to be polite.

Fell asleep with a smoke in my hand and burned my leg about an inch from the family jewels.

Yeah I'm not too bright.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:35 PM   #29
aParrott

I gave one of my friends a OpusX "Love Afair," cause she never had one & she's a beginner... So as we're working at JR's (in the cigar store) i told her to not worry about the ash trays... well she was starting to enjoy it and as she was cleaning the last ash tray she dropped it in the ash tray, with kitty litter. I was laughing my tail off, it was so funny...
Old 08-31-2010, 10:43 PM   #30
aParrott

I was enjoying a Hoyo De Nic A. Grand Reserva, and I ask my buddy if she wanted to taste a good medium-full bodied cigar (note: she is a beginner) ...So she says okay, well she took two puffs and said she liked it, so i say "exhale out of your nose, to get a little more flavor." So she trys and half-inhales it, she started to caugh her lungs out so i walk away with my cigar laughin my ace off... customers we're asking if she was okay...
Old 08-31-2010, 10:52 PM   #31
SilverFox

Last thanksgiving we took the trailer up to the mountains (Canadian Thanksgiving is in October)

When I was setting up the trailer I checked the forecast and it was going to be cold, I hummed and hawwed about the whole thing and in the end decided that the trailer would stay warm enough that the lines wouldn't freeze so I loaded up all the tanks and away we went.

So the forecast was wrong and it was more than a bit cold, in fact it never got over -7 so sure enough everything freezes up. Black water drain (from the shitter), Grey water drain (from the sinks) and the fresh water tank drain lines. Perfect

So I MacGuyver up a set up, put the Coleman lantern under the trailer, and use about a mile of tinfoil to make a shroud around the pipes, two hours later I have success and get the black and grey tanks empty, quick shower and head home.

Well now everything freezes up again. Just great.

So the next day it looks like it is going to warm up enough to work on it and get it fully winterized (drain all the lines and tanks and fill with RV Antifreeze). Now my main fresh tank drain line is frozen and I figure since it is far under the trailer I will give it some help with a space heater. I get it all set up, no problem back in the house. I go out to work on it, figure might as well have a cigar.........grab a Cohiba Siglo I and off I go.

Great smoke, enjoying it............but only get to smoke half. Why you say............bad burn, nope.......plugged, nope.........

As I am working the line I grab a wrench and go to take out the plug, in the process I knock half the heater off on my chest. phuck, I am lying in a pool of ethanol with a heater on my chest.............what happens I panic thinking I am about to burst into flames... take a deep breath..........phuck me the cigar is still in my yap and I get a lung full of smoke. That freaks me out more, I sit up...........oh crap I am under the trailer WHAM right on the forehead...........now I am rolling out from under the trailer in the ethanol, wet snow........oh ya and the grey water that I drained out of the tank earlier coughing my brains out and my wrist is burnt where I rubbed the heater off, and a lump on my head.

Stand up, I have a half crushed Sig I in my teeth, I am wet and cold, I smell like a sewer and ethanol cocktail, my head is pounding and my wrist is burnt, and my lungs feel like I doused them in gasoline and lit a match.

42 years old and all I could think was...............I want my mom

I like to think I am a somewhat smart individual, that day I thought maybe Darwin missed me in the whole evolution thing.

Does that qualify as a cigar mishap?
Old 09-01-2010, 07:44 AM   #32
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
... Stand up, I have a half crushed Sig I in my teeth, I am wet and cold, I smell like a sewer and ethanol cocktail, my head is pounding and my wrist is burnt, and my lungs feel like I doused them in gasoline and lit a match...
The joys of RV ownership

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:33 AM   #33
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

First Name: Andy
Trading: (7)
HdM
ActionAndy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silound View Post
Let's see...left a bag of Padron #9's and two Zino Emperor Edition 2010s on the hood of my truck and took off. Never saw them again. Lost a nice Xikar cutter too.

Ruined more than my fair share of clothing with losing the ash...now I tap it off more regularly.

Washed a few cigars in cargo shorts.

Lost a bag under the seat of my truck. Fast forward a year later and I found them...shredded as they were by the seat rails.

Gave someone a nice cigar and watched them smoke an inch and throw it out.
Watched that same person pick the leftover up later and relight it.

Took a puff to be polite.

Fell asleep with a smoke in my hand and burned my leg about an inch from the family jewels.

Yeah I'm not too bright.

RAGE. This has happened to me a lot. Here's how it normally goes down: my roommate has a party or a barbecue, he gets 7 or 8 beers in him and wants a cigar. He keeps a few singles in my humi so we both go up to the room to grab one. Somehow we acquire leeches along the way. I want to stress this--I am more than willing to share. If we're having a party at the house I think it's part of my job to be gracious, but really it's more than obligation, it's just good character to share.

And for some reason these people always end up not realizing that a cigar lasts much longer than a cigarette. And I think they also don't realize that we're not smoking swishers--these aren't fifty cents apiece!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:56 AM   #34
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionAndy View Post
...And for some reason these people always end up not realizing that a cigar lasts much longer than a cigarette. And I think they also don't realize that we're not smoking swishers--these aren't fifty cents apiece!
Sounds like it might be worth it to have some inexpensive (but decent), short cigars on hand for these occasions...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #35
warren G.
Also a WIS.

First Name: Duy
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
warren G. is on a distinguished road

I thought I lost my Xikar cutter (my very first cutter ever). The following week I bought another one. Then my friend call me and told me he found my cutter.

For some reason I decide to light up a Padron 1926 when I was sick and on empty stomach no less. It wasn't a fun experience and I had to end the smoke shortly (still kicking myself for that).

A guy at my favorite B&M gave me couple of Davidoff cigars, put it in my pocket and completely forgot about it. The next day I discover two crush cigars...

I got together with a bunch of friends. My buddy and I decide to smoke a cigar by the lake. A flying Frisbee pwned me in the face and the cigar dropped in the lake. This is probably my most weird mishap thus far.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #36
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren G. View Post
A guy at my favorite B&M gave me couple of Davidoff cigars, put it in my pocket and completely forgot about it. The next day I discover two crush cigars...
This is why I have always made it a habit to never ever put cigars in any pocket whether it's the top pocket of a dress short, cargo pocket or even a jacket pocket. I even get nervous putting a cigar in the inside pocket of a suit jacket.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #37
guado
OCD cigar hoarder

Trading: (4)
Partagas
guado will become famous soon enoughguado will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionAndy View Post
RAGE. This has happened to me a lot. Here's how it normally goes down: my roommate has a party or a barbecue, he gets 7 or 8 beers in him and wants a cigar. He keeps a few singles in my humi so we both go up to the room to grab one. Somehow we acquire leeches along the way. I want to stress this--I am more than willing to share. If we're having a party at the house I think it's part of my job to be gracious, but really it's more than obligation, it's just good character to share.

And for some reason these people always end up not realizing that a cigar lasts much longer than a cigarette. And I think they also don't realize that we're not smoking swishers--these aren't fifty cents apiece!

Reasons I always keep a fully stocked and unlocked MOOCH humidor on my desk. I always say "Take whatever you want" and walk the humidor into an open area. LOL

So far for me the biggest mishap is putting the wrong end in my mouth.

I always say you have been smoking(and drinking) long enough if you haven't done that at least once!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #38
darkleeroy
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Josh
Trading: (0)
HUpmann
darkleeroy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
Sounds like it might be worth it to have some inexpensive (but decent), short cigars on hand for these occasions...
I buy Robusto bundles at my B&M for that exact same reason. That and they are my daily smokes.

Anyways, beginner cigar smokers aren't going to tell the difference in nuances that would make a 5 dollar cigar a 20 dollar cigar. Finally, they're unbanded, so I don't have to worry about them thinking how much it cost (not much).
Old 09-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #39
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Went to a herf and pulled out a CoRo and from across the room comes a guy who started bugging me about the cigar. Even goes as far as asking me if I had any more and if I'd like to trade for one of his larger format Cohiba or Monte something he got in Mexico.

The funny thing is that Vin looked at me with the "Don't do it they are fake" look. The following year Vin opens his travel-dor at this similar herf and that same guy runs across the room and starts bugging Vin about them. He even asks for trades...I was kind enough to give Vin the same look back.
I thought that guy lived near here???

Anyway, my worst mistake was putting away some singles in my desktop humi. I have a top shelf like most for singles. I had put a few too many on it and when I went to shut the lid I kinda forgot to make sure they were all the way inside. I ended up smashing the head & cap of a Mag 50. It split open like a squished grape.

My common mistake seems to be ashing into my drink. I can't tell you how many times I've dumped out a 1/2 to 3/4 full drink thanks to my carelessness.

I have also lit the wrong end once or twice. Both times being a perfecto that I cut, then set down before lighting. The band had slid off so it was tough to tell, until I later realized my mistake.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #40
TheStatsGuy
I'm a proud Masshole

First Name: Tim #4
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
TheStatsGuy will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Ahhh the memories! I believe he ran over to Vin, took Vins case from me after I had taken a very gracious offering from within and then harassed Vin for the next 30 minutes! Is it March yet?