Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-22-2015, 10:25 AM   #1
pattersong
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Greg
Trading: (0)
HdM
pattersong is on a distinguished road
Default L.J. Peretti Boston

Hey Friends,

I'm wondering if anyone here would recommend L.J. Peretti in Boston as a decent place to purchase cigars? I'm heading there in a few weeks, and I see that shop is very close to where I will be.

Do they have a decent selection? I'll be looking to buy a box...maybe a Davidoff Nica, Curivari BV560, or EP Carillo...

Cheers!
pattersong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:01 AM   #2
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: L.J. Peretti Boston

They're an excellent cigar shop for both cigars and accessories. They should have just about everything you could want at "non ripoff" prices.

I'd also recommend visiting http://www.leavitt-peirce.com/ in Harvard Sq. Great atmosphere both around Harvard Sq and within the store. You won't find many tobacco stores that look like it in North America.

Are you staying at the Four Seasons?
Old 04-22-2015, 11:13 AM   #3
pattersong

HdM

Excellent! Thank you so much for your recommendations. Boston is one of my favorite cities. I believe the hotel is the park plaza.

Cheers!
Old 04-22-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
ksknnr
Feeling at Home

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (13)
ksknnr is on a distinguished road

I have only been there one time, but guy working was very friendly, and prices were decent. Park Plaza is a nice hotel. There is a nice public garden across the street you could have a smoke, or check our Stanza De sigari in the north end, great little cigar bar.
stanzadeisigari.com
Old 04-22-2015, 01:26 PM   #5
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksknnr View Post
There is a nice public garden across the street you could have a smoke, or check our Stanza De sigari in the north end, great little cigar bar.
stanzadeisigari.com
There's no smoking allowed in the park or on sidewalks...

Stanza is your best bet to enjoy a cigar. Il Panino Express next door is your most budget friendly / food quality choice in the North End unless you want a more fancy style dinner. Strega is quite popular in the North End.

If you want epic food and outstanding wine list, Troquet is the place to go and right near by you on Tremont.

Via Matta is right next to your hotel and one of the best Italian restaurants around.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:55 PM   #6
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Greg, I have never visited LJP in-person, but have made phone-in orders for pipe tobacco with them. The customer service was excellent. In addition to pipe tobacco, it appears they have a good selection of cigars and various accessories. Enjoy your stay in Boston...
Old 04-22-2015, 04:10 PM   #7
Thaser11
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Mac
Army (Served With Honor)
Thaser11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post

Stanza is your best bet to enjoy a cigar. Il Panino Express next door is your most budget friendly / food quality choice in the North End unless you want a more fancy style dinner. Strega is quite popular in the North End.

If you want epic food and outstanding wine list, Troquet is the place to go and right near by you on Tremont.

Via Matta is right next to your hotel and one of the best Italian restaurants around.
I would have to double check to be definite but I'm pretty sure MA (but it may just be Boston) passed a law a little while back so there's no smoking in any public area, which is added on to restaurants and bars. Making just about the only place safe to smoke is in your basement under a blanket with a flashlight.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thaser11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:13 PM   #8
ksknnr
Feeling at Home

yes, you guys are correct about the smoking in the garden, but if your minding your own business away from people no one bothers you. But you can definitley still go to Stanzi in the north end.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:15 PM   #9
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I have been to Stanzi a few times now, I dig the place. Gots atmosphere, Cat.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:57 PM   #10
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:

I work at one of the colleges on the Common and I smoke on those sidewalks everyday. The police couldn't give a crap less. If anyone else gives you crap, flip them off; it's the Boston way. Most busy-bodies will back down if you're assertive. BTW, the neighborhood is a friggin' zoo at night. Some of the nastiest hookers you've ever seen. No one cares about who's smoking what.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:32 AM   #11
mi000ke
Just in from the Storm

mi000ke is on a distinguished road

My advice would be to skip Stanza and get an Uber or taxi to Cigar and Lounge in Watertown. It's about 5 miles from your hotel. Great selection of cigars at good prices and and incredibly friendly place to smoke.
mi000ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:58 AM   #12
ksknnr
Feeling at Home

Cigar Lounge in Watertown is a great place also, but no Booze, at least they didn't last time I went over a year ago. Just a heads up in case you were looking for a drink with your smoke.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:11 AM   #13
pattersong

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaser11 View Post
I would have to double check to be definite but I'm pretty sure MA (but it may just be Boston) passed a law a little while back so there's no smoking in any public area, which is added on to restaurants and bars. Making just about the only place safe to smoke is in your basement under a blanket with a flashlight.
Posted via Mobile Device
That is quite possibly the funniest thing I've read in a while. Sadly, that is exactly what it's like to smoke cigars safely in Ontario Canada these days.

Some great suggestions gentlemen. Thank you!
Old 04-23-2015, 10:29 AM   #14
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi000ke View Post
My advice would be to skip Stanza and get an Uber or taxi to Cigar and Lounge in Watertown. It's about 5 miles from your hotel. Great selection of cigars at good prices and and incredibly friendly place to smoke.
About $40 each way from his hotel
Old 04-29-2015, 07:54 PM   #15
mi000ke
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
About $40 each way from his hotel
Just chekced with Uber and it would be about $16 each way for an Uber X. Taxi for the 7 mile trip would be about $25 plus tip.

Last edited by mi000ke; 04-29-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:07 AM   #16
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
Just chekced with Uber and it would be about $16 each way for an Uber X. Taxi for the 7 mile trip would be about $25 plus tip.
Rates are usually 2-3x the basic rate when you actually want to use Uber. I live near by the cigar place in Watertown and take cabs and/or Uber to Back Bay, downtown, Logan... all the time. Taxi has actually been cheaper the last few times over Uber, FWIW.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:19 PM   #17
mi000ke
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
Rates are usually 2-3x the basic rate when you actually want to use Uber. I live near by the cigar place in Watertown and take cabs and/or Uber to Back Bay, downtown, Logan... all the time. Taxi has actually been cheaper the last few times over Uber, FWIW.
Yeah,uber does vary the price based on demand, but usually (but not always) less than a cab. I took an uber to Logan airport from Watertown last week for $18 total. Cab plus tolls, fees and tips is about $40. I never use cabs these days. Anyway Cigar and Lounge is still a nice take.

Glad to hear about another C&L customer. Really want those guys to make a success of it...
Old 05-03-2015, 04:02 PM   #18
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
I took an uber to Logan airport from Watertown last week for $18 total. Cab plus tolls, fees and tips is about $40.
That is cheap.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:46 AM   #19
pattersong

HdM

Good morning Friends.

Just a quick thank you to all for the great advice I received regarding LJ Peretti. I was successful in tracking down the shop.

Old 07-07-2015, 01:48 PM   #20
mi000ke
Just in from the Storm

Nice selection. We're you able to smoke outside?