Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-19-2018, 08:10 PM   #41
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation
Default Re: Any Sirius/XM Gurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
Most of the ebay ads now warn NOT to call Sirius to transfer subscription....I was hoping to buy one and transfer to Tami's car - Sirius' web site indicates it can be done...ONCE...for $75, but I'm wondering if they've found a way to screw that one down, too
I would not do that as they know you didn't buy the lifetime subscription. It's a pain, but if you get the automobile pack you can use a lifetime SKyFi unit. It's all about if you want to add stuff to the car- a cradle and a plug for the fka "cigarette lighter," and an antenna for the roof. It's a lot messier than using the built in radio, otoh you can move it from car to car.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:57 AM   #42
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Any Sirius/XM Gurus?

Got a bill from Sirius for $33.76 'past due', even though we'd let the service go...and even called a few times to see if they could make 'me an offer', since I couldn't yet accept the $230 or whatever it was they wanted.
Called them to ***** about this bill and they said not to worry, that they'd taken care of it already. Well and good enough...but they did come back with an offer to reinstate for 6 months at $40, including fees, tax, etc. Of course, that comes with the fine print of auto-renewal at full price....so now I'm on the clock like some of you...but its worth it to me to spend the time wrangling every six months in order to save some $150 a year.