Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Old 04-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #21
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flake Pipe suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag View Post
I wouldn't be afraid of the Pete's the others have mentioned either for a flake pipe. I would suspect the guys running them smoke flakes hot rather than the pipe itself. To be fair though, I don't have one. I think I will soon though as I need another flake pipe or two. A Savinelli is most always a good bet though.

To piggyback and throw out another idea/suggestion.....is anyone using a Stanwell Featherweight as a flake pipe? I sure am wanting one of these in a classic shape of some kind. I've been holding off hoping to find an estate though. Any fans here???
It looks like I just found the one guy who didn't like the Pete he bought. I dug deeper and found that many people think the Tankard especially is nice flake pipe, for its shape and weight.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:27 PM   #22
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag View Post
I don't have Duca Carlo, however I have that same shape in a Savinelli Roma (same pipe, different finish) and I think it is a pretty good flake pipe. Doesn't smoke hot or anything like that and is real comfortable to clench. It gets used when I'm doing alot of things around here and need my hands because it is a good clencher and not a high dollar pipe. ...
Actually I have a Savinelli Roma Poker, and it makes a great flake pipe...

Old 04-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #23
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

What's wrong with a billiard?

If you are going to clench, make sure it has an acylic stem if you want it to last. Or, a vulcanite if you want it to be easier on your teeth.

Or, even better yet, learn to be a "hooker." Call me so that I can explain - I am handicapped for typing right now. (see this thread for details http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...360#post827360)

Personally, Peterson's, even with p-lips, smoke like blast furnaces - never had one smoke cool. Suggestions from me would be estate pipes - Don Carlos, Ascorti, Ser Jacopo, Castellos, Savinelli, Radice, Mastro Beraldi, Caminetto,

Here is a DC pot, used http://store.pipesandcigars.com/doncaonenosm.html

Even nicer, this Radice. http://store.pipesandcigars.com/racl2dotpipo.html