Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-31-2011, 08:47 PM   #21
long_ashes

Default Re: New Crap Cigar Review Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscales View Post
I have found some great smokes for under $3 and I have found some really crappy smokes for around $10 and up. I smoke what I like and I don't care what I pay for it.

Now, I watched one, well almost part of one video and was bored to tears. I don't care if the cigar is good or bad but that video was TORTURE!
That's cool you're entitled to your opinion. Have any ideas on what we could do to make it more interesting? We did some sketch type episodes before like a star trek theme, pirate theme, man vs. cigar, etc. We plan to do more of that here soon. Let me know what the videos need and I can definitely add to it to make it enjoyable for all. Thanks for taking a look. Also, if the videos are painful, we do a written review along with the video for those that don't want to watch.

The point of the site is to find a good cigar that you can smoke on a regular basis (everyday cigar) that won't break the bank. I'm definitely in the category that can't pay for the more expensive smokes because I can't "break the bank". I have 4 kids and the family takes up most of my funds.

Last edited by long_ashes; 01-31-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #22
Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by long_ashes View Post
That's cool you're entitled to your opinion. Have any ideas on what we could do to make it more interesting? We did some sketch type episodes before like a star trek theme, pirate theme, man vs. cigar, etc. We plan to do more of that here soon. Let me know what the videos need and I can definitely add to it to make it enjoyable for all. Thanks for taking a look. Also, if the videos are painful, we do a written review along with the video for those that don't want to watch.

The point of the site is to find a good cigar that you can smoke on a regular basis (everyday cigar) that won't break the bank. I'm definitely in the category that can't pay for the more expensive smokes because I can't "break the bank". I have 4 kids and the family takes up most of my funds.
Only suggestions I would make are to get a better microphone like a boom mic or something and then the video quality. The rest is pretty good. I think people are expecting some high budget ordeal but its a cigar review site. If you look at the numerous youtube video reviews you guys are already light years ahead of them. Keep doing what you do and I for one appreciate you and your reviews. I have purchased some good smokes for dirt cheap. They don't taste like $14 cigars but for $1-$2 they can't be beat.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:20 PM   #23
long_ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbright View Post
Only suggestions I would make are to get a better microphone like a boom mic or something and then the video quality. The rest is pretty good. I think people are expecting some high budget ordeal but its a cigar review site. If you look at the numerous youtube video reviews you guys are already light years ahead of them. Keep doing what you do and I for one appreciate you and your reviews. I have purchased some good smokes for dirt cheap. They don't taste like $14 cigars but for $1-$2 they can't be beat.
We actually got a boom mic but that introduced even more hiss than the internal mic. I think it's because my smoking room used to be my garage where the breaker switch is so there is tons of electrical interference in this room. I can't wait until it gets warmer outside so we can do some more reviews outside again.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #24
Matt1951
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
Matt1951 is on a distinguished road

I like the website. The reviews are accurate. Most of my cigars are under $3, it took me a long time to find the good ones.
Matt1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #25
chand
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Damian
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
chand will become famous soon enough

I watched their 'diamond in the rough' review of the Gran Habano Corojo Vintage 2002 and then found one in in the back of the humi from a sampler. Good call.
chand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #26
sboyajian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
When I read the thread title I could only think of what Craputo did to Top25.
Posted via Mobile Device
This is my new favorite quote of the century.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #27
Tyler

Hey guys I just wanted to draw your attention to the shout out to the website in the most recent Crap Cigar video on their website. I get a shout out too but I told him it was more important that the sites, this one and then Pipe Chat, get a shout out. I don't know how to embed the video here so here is a link to the page with the short article/review.

http://crapcigar.com/2011/03/episode...uerte-natural/
Old 03-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #28
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Hey guys I just wanted to draw your attention to the shout out to the website in the most recent Crap Cigar video on their website. I get a shout out too but I told him it was more important that the sites, this one and then Pipe Chat, get a shout out.
That's a cool thing that was done by both them and you. Thanks.

Quote:
I don't know how to embed the video here...
I'm fairly certain that video embedding is disabled here.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #29
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Yeah it's disabled. These guys could do some good with reviews, they just need to cut the joking and laughing down a bit. As well as the intro. Do 7-8 minute videos, throw in a few jokes here and there that would be much better.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #30
Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
That's a cool thing that was done by both them and you. Thanks.
No problem and thank you and everyone else for watching the video. I hope it atleast brings a few more guys here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
I'm fairly certain that video embedding is disabled here.
That would make sense because I was able to embed it in other forums but not this one. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Yeah it's disabled. These guys could do some good with reviews, they just need to cut the joking and laughing down a bit. As well as the intro. Do 7-8 minute videos, throw in a few jokes here and there that would be much better.
I tend to disagree. I like the laid back style and joke filled reviews. It makes it more watchable. If I wanted to watch boring cigar smokers review cigars I would watch ever other video out there. I like watching these guys for the banter back and forth and the reviews. Maybe I am just crazy though, after all this is the asylum.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #31
Neens
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Anthony
Trading: (21)
Montecristo
Neens will become famous soon enough

I like the back and forth of the videos but the intro to the videos is just way to long.
Neens is offline   Reply With Quote