Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2018, 05:39 AM   #1
DEZn00ts
What? I didn't catch that
 
DEZn00ts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
First Name: Xavier
Location: Gary, Indiana
Posts: 110
Trading: (0)
DEZn00ts is on a distinguished road
Default Regular Cigars An Infused Smoker Will Like.

Any suggestions?
__________________
Just trying to be the best I can be.
DEZn00ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:02 AM   #2
dijit
Have My Own Room
 
dijit's Avatar
5
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
First Name: Mike
Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Posts: 1,961
Trading: (43)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice
Default Re: Regular Cigars An Infused Smoker Will Like.

Even infused cigars have tobacco notes that one can taste in spite of the oils and flavors of the infused cigars. I would recommend some of the lighter bodied samplers that many online sites offer. This gives you a wide array of things to try without a large expense.
__________________
Sporting goods raffle for a great cause. PM me for tickets.
dijit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:11 AM   #3
DEZn00ts
What? I didn't catch that
 
DEZn00ts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
First Name: Xavier
Location: Gary, Indiana
Posts: 110
Trading: (0)
DEZn00ts is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Regular Cigars An Infused Smoker Will Like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijit View Post
Even infused cigars have tobacco notes that one can taste in spite of the oils and flavors of the infused cigars. I would recommend some of the lighter bodied samplers that many online sites offer. This gives you a wide array of things to try without a large expense.
Oh no doubt! Me personally don't see the fuss about infused, I like them a LOT and I can definitely get a great amount of notes from the tobacco in them. I think that Drew Estate does an amazing job complimenting their tobacco with the flavors they infuse into their cigars, however they do it. The first real cigar I had besides nasty corner store ones was a really cheap brand on Famous that was $20 for 20, it was called Pure Meyhem and it almost turned me away from regular cigars; but I ended up buying a lesser known brand by the name of Juan Y Ramon that was on sale. When I opened the package I knew right away that it was a massive step above the 20 for 20 cigars. It was amazing, chocolatey smelling, smooth nutty notes, wrapper was perfect and it was nice and tight with a smooth draw. Wow that was a great cigar. I seem to like Maduro rappers but the first Cigar I fell in love with (Acid Blondie) was a natural and that was an amazing smoke.
__________________
Just trying to be the best I can be.
DEZn00ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:36 AM   #4
Jon11
Still Watching My Back
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
First Name: Jon
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 132
Trading: (0)
Jon11 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Regular Cigars An Infused Smoker Will Like.

I have to agree that Maduro rappers are better......the light ones just don’t seem to have any rhythm....LOL
Jon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:48 AM   #5
Da Klugs
Juan of 11
 
Da Klugs's Avatar
1
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Dave
Location: Right here
Posts: 4,112
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation
Default Re: Regular Cigars An Infused Smoker Will Like.

Pinch your nose fully closed the next time you smoke one of your infused cigars and see what you get. Typically no flavor at all. It's even more extreme on non infused/less flavorful cigars.

Taking a bit of a detour.... rather than just exploring non infused cigars you might consider learning a cigar smoking technique - retrohale/snorking/French exhale - called many things but essentially its developing the ability to exhale smoke thru your nostrils.

Once learned, you have the tools to appreciate the more subtle flavor experiences and nuances of the natural flavors of cigar tobacco. Absent that, and given the extreme flavor enhancement you are at now; might not be fruitful to try non infused cigars. Unless you flavor them with fruit.
__________________
Communities Not Commodities.
Punctuation challenged, but trying. Proud winner of phase 1 of the Weight loss contest
Da Klugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:00 AM   #6
DEZn00ts
What? I didn't catch that
 
DEZn00ts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
First Name: Xavier
Location: Gary, Indiana
Posts: 110
Trading: (0)
DEZn00ts is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Regular Cigars An Infused Smoker Will Like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
I have to agree that Maduro rappers are better......the light ones just don’t seem to have any rhythm....LOL
LMFAO! I like a little bit of "color" lol. Maybe it's because I'm mixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
Pinch your nose fully closed the next time you smoke one of your infused cigars and see what you get. Typically no flavor at all. It's even more extreme on non infused/less flavorful cigars.

Taking a bit of a detour.... rather than just exploring non infused cigars you might consider learning a cigar smoking technique - retrohale/snorking/French exhale - called many things but essentially its developing the ability to exhale smoke thru your nostrils.

Once learned, you have the tools to appreciate the more subtle flavor experiences and nuances of the natural flavors of cigar tobacco. Absent that, and given the extreme flavor enhancement you are at now; might not be fruitful to try non infused cigars. Unless you flavor them with fruit.
Hahaha I'm not that much of a noob that I don't know what retrohaling is. I do understand what you mean about the flavor of infused cigars diminishing when you have you're nose closed, I would believe if I was in some freak accident where I lost it I wouldn't even care about infused cigars lol. Honestly though, I think it was my poor choice of cigar the first time I decided to make the switch that made me believe they were bad. I still like my infused cigars though.

I'm gonna for sure get some Baccarat Rothchilds and some Perdomo Cuban Perejo's when I get my next batch. I do know that I love love love Rothschilds and smaller cigars, 4x38's and the like.
__________________
Just trying to be the best I can be.
DEZn00ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:07 AM   #7
Porch Dweller
Life is for living
 
Porch Dweller's Avatar
8
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
First Name: James
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Posts: 5,474
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Regular Cigars An Infused Smoker Will Like.

If you like Maduros, some inexpensive yet tasty ones are:

Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro
CAO Brasilia
CAO Flathead V450
Famous NIC 5000
5 Vegas Series A
Diesel
Ramon Bueso Genesis the Project
__________________
A 1911 in the hand is faster than 911 on the phone
Porch Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:13 AM   #8
DEZn00ts
What? I didn't catch that
 
DEZn00ts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
First Name: Xavier
Location: Gary, Indiana
Posts: 110
Trading: (0)
DEZn00ts is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Regular Cigars An Infused Smoker Will Like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
If you like Maduros, some inexpensive yet tasty ones are:

Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro
CAO Brasilia
CAO Flathead V450
Famous NIC 5000
5 Vegas Series A
Diesel
Ramon Bueso Genesis the Project

OOOOooOOO nice list, that's what I'm looking for.
__________________
Just trying to be the best I can be.
DEZn00ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:34 AM   #9
stearns
Dogbert Consultant
 
stearns's Avatar
13
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Ben
Location: RiNo
Posts: 3,983
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is just really nicestearns is just really nicestearns is just really nicestearns is just really nicestearns is just really nice
Default Re: Regular Cigars An Infused Smoker Will Like.

I always recommended Baccarat to people when they were making the transition back when I worked at a smoke shop, mild and a little bit of honey on the cap to keep things slightly sweet
__________________
"I woke up this morning, I got myself a beer" - The Doors
stearns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #10
DEZn00ts
What? I didn't catch that
 
DEZn00ts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
First Name: Xavier
Location: Gary, Indiana
Posts: 110
Trading: (0)
DEZn00ts is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Regular Cigars An Infused Smoker Will Like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
I always recommended Baccarat to people when they were making the transition back when I worked at a smoke shop, mild and a little bit of honey on the cap to keep things slightly sweet
Yea I forgot who told me that but that's exactly why I put them in my list.
__________________
Just trying to be the best I can be.
DEZn00ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content is copyrighted jointly by Cigar Asylum and the content provider.