Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 11-01-2023, 08:14 PM   #3581
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Damn, some nice finds, pours.
Old 11-02-2023, 09:56 AM   #3582
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
JL
Beagleone will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Found the latest Booker's batch today, Mighty Fine Batch (2023-03).

I grabbed one last week. I haven't opened it yet as I am scaling down on my drinking. LMK how it taste for you.

Old 11-02-2023, 11:53 AM   #3583
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagleone View Post
I grabbed one last week. I haven't opened it yet as I am scaling down on my drinking. LMK how it taste for you.

I had a pour at a liquor store he day before, Tony. It's good, not great. Pretty peanut forward on first taste.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 01:00 PM   #3584
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
I had a pour at a liquor store he day before, Tony. It's good, not great. Pretty peanut forward on first taste.
Which releases from, say, the last 2 years would you put in the "great" bucket?
Old 11-03-2023, 07:50 AM   #3585
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
Which releases from, say, the last 2 years would you put in the "great" bucket?
Kentucky Tea and Charlie's are definitely the best 2 since 2021, Ben. I grabbed 4 of each.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 11-04-2023, 08:26 AM   #3586
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Stopped by my local store. Snagged two ECBP C923 bottles for a friend and a backup RD One Amburana for me. A guy at the store told me they’re doing a 1792 FP SP drop on Black Friday.
Old 11-05-2023, 08:17 AM   #3587
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Stopped by my local store. Snagged two ECBP C923 bottles for a friend and a backup RD One Amburana for me. A guy at the store told me they’re doing a 1792 FP SP drop on Black Friday.
I've had some excellent 1792 FP picks, Bob, hope it's a good one.

I found this at retail, aged MPG juice for the win.

Old 11-06-2023, 07:33 AM   #3588
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I went to the grocery store yesterday to get some fruit. Like I always do, checked out the bourbon. I guess that they're hiding single bottles on the shelves as I had found an Eagle Rare 375 ml single barrel pick a couple weeks ago. I went in yesterday and found bottle of Weller 12 hiding amongst the Scotches. At $39, it was a happy surprise.

Old 11-06-2023, 08:58 AM   #3589
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Score!
Old 11-06-2023, 09:12 AM   #3590
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
JL
Beagleone will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I went to the grocery store yesterday to get some fruit. Like I always do, checked out the bourbon. I guess that they're hiding single bottles on the shelves as I had found an Eagle Rare 375 ml single barrel pick a couple weeks ago. I went in yesterday and found bottle of Weller 12 hiding amongst the Scotches. At $39, it was a happy surprise.
I got a store near me that does this often. It is like hide and seek for grown people (usually men), running up and down the aisles looking for the Easter eggs.
Old 11-06-2023, 09:15 AM   #3591
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Still waiting on a lucky ECBP C923 find, some stores had it and put it out with the allocated stuff even though older batches are sitting on the shelf. I'm hoping it dies down a little and I can walk into a store and see a shelf of them later this year

Quote:
I found this at retail, aged MPG juice for the win.

Did you try last year's release? I liked it but thought the finish lacked a little, I like having low proof barrel proof bottles but wish they didn't carry this high of a price tag. Hoping this year's is a touch more tannic to help carry it through
Old 11-06-2023, 10:16 AM   #3592
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Weller 12 at msrp. Nice score!
Old 11-07-2023, 07:23 AM   #3593
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagleone View Post
I got a store near me that does this often. It is like hide and seek for grown people (usually men), running up and down the aisles looking for the Easter eggs.
I'm not sure how many people realize they're doing this at Jewel. My hope is "one".

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post

Did you try last year's release? I liked it but thought the finish lacked a little, I like having low proof barrel proof bottles but wish they didn't carry this high of a price tag. Hoping this year's is a touch more tannic to help carry it through
I've tried Volstead and this years' Gatsby. I haven't opened my '22 Gatsby nor sampled it anywhere, Ben, so I can't say.

James and Bob, score indeed!

Old 11-07-2023, 10:30 AM   #3594
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Oops, don’t mind if I do.

Had to run out for a few things. Decided to check some stores to see what if anything they got in. There’s one place that’s more of your traditional Fireball purveyor, but the get some good stuff in on occasion. Lucked out today. Only $10 over msrp.
Old 11-07-2023, 11:15 AM   #3595
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Nice pickup, Bob! You know Booker's is dear to my heart and liver.

Old 11-07-2023, 11:37 AM   #3596
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Nice pickup, Bob! You know Booker's is dear to my heart and liver.
I know it is. Surprised you don’t have a Bookers tattoo. Or do you?

So I’ve heard Bookers is hit or miss for people. Especially from batch to batch. I’ve been looking for it since I got started collecting. But wasn’t sure I’d continue after finally tasting it at a local bar. I think it was the Lumberyard batch. Something on the mid palate didn’t agree with me. So when I saw this bottle on their shelf, and just over msrp, I decided to take the chance. Gotta say for the neck pour, this is pretty good. Can’t wait to see how the bottle progresses. Might have to run back by there and snag another bottle. Backup ya know.
Old 11-07-2023, 11:48 AM   #3597
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

I find it interesting how the distribution system around me works. Bigger stores that do a lot of business can’t get things like Blantons or Bookers. Yet this tiny little store gets it on occasion.
Old 11-07-2023, 12:10 PM   #3598
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
I know it is. Surprised you don’t have a Bookers tattoo. Or do you?
Negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13
So I’ve heard Bookers is hit or miss for people. Especially from batch to batch. I’ve been looking for it since I got started collecting. But wasn’t sure I’d continue after finally tasting it at a local bar. I think it was the Lumberyard batch. Something on the mid palate didn’t agree with me. So when I saw this bottle on their shelf, and just over msrp, I decided to take the chance. Gotta say for the neck pour, this is pretty good. Can’t wait to see how the bottle progresses.
Definitely varies batch to batch, Bob, and frankly there have been as many misses as hits the last few years. That's why I load up on the best ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13
Might have to run back by there and snag another bottle. Backup ya know.
Oh, I know.

Old 11-07-2023, 02:38 PM   #3599
Black Coral
Have My Own Room

First Name: John
Trading: (11)
Cohiba
Black Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the rough

Well got some extra old forester king ranch in my errands today and the piggyback commemorative bottles for the austin formula f1 race Alfa Romeo team

Two cases of Abandanado baroque especial for couple of the guys

So getting thing progressing today
Black Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 08:30 AM   #3600
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

They had some Baker's 7 on my local AFB so I grabbed one. That's the first time I've seen any in about eight months.