Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-21-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
TanithT
Herfer Grrrrl

First Name: Tanith
Trading: (26)
HdM
TanithT will become famous soon enoughTanithT will become famous soon enough
Default Acid? Whut?

I made the mistake of sniffing one, and I had to suspect that they have either found a way to mass produce Monica Lewinskis using 80 year old grandmas who bathe in arthritis cream, or somebody let a cat into the humidor who had been chewing on salted mackerel livers and drinking huge amounts of water out of an unflushed toilet.

I remember years back a truly horrid cigar produced for the "skater punk" subculture that smelled almost exactly like this, the Lars Tetens. I have to suspect it's the same maker. Some kindly soul needs to write them and let them know that the big white mints harvested fresh and dripping wet from public urinals are not, in fact, the best humidifiers for your long term cigar storage.

I did not dare smoke it. I put it down slowly and backed out of the humidor. For all I know it was contagious and I am already doomed. But for the love of Ghu, will someone please explain what these people were thinking? Eau de Ben Gay and chemical toilet with the subtle nuttiness of used cat litter is *not* a good cigar flavor. They did this to those cigars on purpose?
TanithT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation
Default Re: Acid? Whut?

De gustibus non est disputandum. I don't like them, but our troops love 'em. They actually ask for them by name. So, whatever.......
Old 05-21-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
adampc22

i smoked my very first acid cigar today lolololololololololol
Old 05-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #4
nozero

When I first started smoking cigars, I liked the Acid Kuba Kuba. I've not had one in well over a year and have no idea what I'd think about them now.

I've also had an Acid Blondie and Nasty. Both struck me as the latter. But hey, that's me.

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Your observations are all well and good but...

Drew Estate makes and sells millions of cigars. That said,there are folks here that enjoy them. Speaking for myself,I never ever bad mouth cigars I dislike for fear of hurting someones feelings.

Smoke what you like,like what you smoke.The no snob policy is in full force here.
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:03 AM   #6
TanithT
Herfer Grrrrl

HdM

It's kind of fun to badmouth cigars I don't like. I'm naughty that way.

I don't intend it to be personal so much as amusing, but your point is taken under advisement, and I appreciate it. I will be sure to send some to the troops. I just won't keep'em in my humidor.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #7
sodomanaz

Eh, I won't hate on DE too much. You won't find a better power mini stick like the C-Note (though for the price you might as well get a normal cigar). Plus the C-Note got me off of cigarettes.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
adampc22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodomanaz View Post
Eh, I won't hate on DE too much. You won't find a better power mini stick like the C-Note (though for the price you might as well get a normal cigar). Plus the C-Note got me off of cigarettes.
its the acid king
Old 05-21-2009, 11:16 AM   #9
STYX&STONED

People really smoke these things?? I thought they were a smoker's air freshener.

You know what I mean.... you stick 1 or 2 in the car air vents, 1 in the sock drawer, maybe 3 or 4 over the cats litter box....
Old 05-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #10
TanithT
Herfer Grrrrl

HdM

Sodomanaz....why do I have such interesting and yet deeply disturbing mental images when I see your screen name?
Old 05-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #11
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanithT View Post

I don't intend it to be personal so much as amusing, but your point is taken under advisement, and I appreciate it. I will be sure to send some to the troops. I just won't keep'em in my humidor.
I you are going to smoke one try the "nasty"....they truly suck! It is shaped like an incense cone and tastes just like it. I was givin one free at a tailgate party and I took 1 puff and chucked it. UGH!
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #12
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Quote:

Naughty is fine by me
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #13
Coz77
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Mark
Trading: (1)
Coz77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodomanaz View Post
Plus the C-Note got me off of cigarettes.

CAO Flavors got me off cigs years ago. I dont smoke flavored cigars anymore however Ive always be curious about the natural line by Drew. Some day ill buy a single or two .
Coz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #14
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

The Natural's are not bad at all. I don't care for the sweet tip, but the smokes are nice and aromatic.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #15
GKitty
JAFO

First Name: Crystal
Trading: (8)
HdM
GKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really nice

I'm going to smoke a Moontrance tonight just to spite you people.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #16
Rabidsquirrel
Moderately Confused

Trading: (5)
Rabidsquirrel is on a distinguished road

The only thing that bothers me about the acids is the sweet tip.
Rabidsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #17
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post
Drew Estate makes and sells millions of cigars.
Never tried an Acid, but the Drew Estate La Vieja Habana Connecticuts are very good IMHO.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #18
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Not a big fan of Acids (althought I smoked them often when I first started). I do like the Drew Estate Natural products though...the Dirt is a tasty little treat.
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #19
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

I smoked a few Acids in school before I knew anything! I "thought" they were good...tried one again not too long ago when a friend had them...eh not so much!
Old 05-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #20
flat6nut

Quote:
I made the mistake of sniffing one, and I had to suspect that they have either found a way to mass produce Monica Lewinskis using 80 year old grandmas who bathe in arthritis cream, or somebody let a cat into the humidor who had been chewing on salted mackerel livers and drinking huge amounts of water out of an unflushed toilet.

I remember years back a truly horrid cigar produced for the "skater punk" subculture that smelled almost exactly like this, the Lars Tetens. I have to suspect it's the same maker. Some kindly soul needs to write them and let them know that the big white mints harvested fresh and dripping wet from public urinals are not, in fact, the best humidifiers for your long term cigar storage.

I did not dare smoke it. I put it down slowly and backed out of the humidor. For all I know it was contagious and I am already doomed. But for the love of Ghu, will someone please explain what these people were thinking? Eau de Ben Gay and chemical toilet with the subtle nuttiness of used cat litter is *not* a good cigar flavor. They did this to those cigars on purpose?

Thats the funniest **** I have read in a long time. I could not agree with you more. I can admit that i have smoked "one" awhile back, and to me it was like smoking a perfume bottle. In no way can these be classified as a "cigar". No way, no how!