Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-12-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
apNgb

Default Nestor Mranda 1989 Rosado - Cigar Reiew

Nestor Miranda 1989 Rosado – Cigar Review

Two weeks agoa we posted the Press Release for the Nestor Miranda 1989 and today we bring you the Cigar Review of the Nestor Miranda 1989. The Nestor Miranda 1989 is a tribute to the year (1989) that Miami Cigar & Company was founded. Miami Cigar & Company is behind such brands as Leon Jimenes, La Aurora, and of course the Nestor Miranda Collection, which we have become very fond of here at Fire Up That Cigar. The Nestor Miranda 1989 is yet another cigar made by Nestor and Pepin Garcia of My Father Cigar Corp. The 1989 is a value cigar in the $5 price range. Vice President of Miami Cigar, Rene Castaneda says, “While we do not have any cigars in the Nestor Miranda Collection that are expensive, we wanted to offer an excellent smoke at a very reasonable price point.” The Nestor Miranda 1989 comes in 3 sizes, Robusto (5×50), Toro (6×50), and a Torpedo (6 1/8×52) and comes in two wrappers, Nicaraguan Rosado and a Nicaraguan Oscuro.

Nestor Miranda 1989 Rosado
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Rosado
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Made In: Nicaragua – My Father Cigar Factory
Size: 6.1×52 Torpedo
Price: $5.50 per single cigar

Appearance & Construction: The Nestor Miranda 1989 Rosado is a decent looking cigar. The lighter brown colored wrapper has some small to medium sized veins throughout and has some stretching in a few areas. The cigar has a light feel to it and at this point I am slightly worried about having a loose draw. The band immediately reminded me of the era and I even think it’s the same font on my grade school Yearbook from 1989; too funny.

Smoking Characteristics: Despite my worries of a loose draw, the Nestor Miranda 1989 actually has a fantastic draw to it. It is a free draw that produces a ton of smoke, but it is defiantly not loose. The burn line is a little wavy but corrected itself as I smoked. The ash is surprisingly compact and did not make any sort of mess.

Flavor: The Nestor Miranda 1989 Rosado has some nice subtle flavors of cedar, coffee and roasted peanuts. The rest of the cigar remains generally the same until the final third where the flavor and body seem to pick up some steam. The coffee notes really start coming through in the final third and the cedar notes intensify a bit. The body of the Nestor Miranda 1989 starts out mild to medium and by the final third it is in the upper part of medium.

Final Thoughts: The Nestor Miranda 1989 Rosado is a nice mild to medium bodied smoke that that fits right in with the new value cigars such as the Brickhouse and CAO La Traviata, but with less body. The cigar will not blow you away with complexity, as a $5 cigar normally won’t, but it is balanced nicely and is very smooth. I’d recommend this cigar to anyone looking for a good value cigar to smoke in the morning or early afternoon.

Cigar Rating: Good
Old 05-12-2010, 09:37 AM   #2
darkninja67

Default Re: Nestor Mranda 1989 Rosado - Cigar Reiew

Nice review Adam. I have a Coffee Break resting and need to try it.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
GHC_Hambone

Sounds like a good cigar, I like Rosado wrappers and the price is nice. Ill have to look for these.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
apNgb

Thanks for the kinds words guys.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice review...gotta try one of these.