Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2024, 03:47 AM   #4561
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
"Did you order the code red?"

You can't handle the truth......
Old 01-19-2024, 03:46 AM   #4562
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a great time at Aroma last night, a number of the usual suspects were out enjoying primo stogies. Weather wise, Mother Nature hasn't started dropping any snow yet. I'm heading to West Point shortly and I see that all we will get as of now is about 1.8" in an eleven hour period. DPW should have no issues handling that amount especially that most of the main roads are already pretreated. I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy.......
Old 01-22-2024, 03:52 AM   #4563
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday already. Beth and I had a relaxing weekend overall: stayed home Friday night catching up on some TV shows we missed during the week; Saturday, I went over to the Aroma Cigar Room for a while to see how everyone was doing; in the afternoon I stopped in the American Legion in New Windsor, NY for a couple of cold ones and then picked up a specialty pie from Mamma Mia's: https://www.mammamiacafepizza.com/; yesterday, we did some grocery shopping in the morning and then watched some NFL Playoff football. Tonight, the American Legion has their monthly pasta night which is always a big hit. Enjoy your week everyone......
Old 01-23-2024, 03:45 AM   #4564
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's another brisk Tuesday morning here in the Hudson Valley according to NOAA:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...03635439999994

The weather guessers are calling for a wintery mix all day into tomorrow and then rain through Friday. Have a great day all and definitely be careful out there.......
Old 01-24-2024, 03:49 AM   #4565
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0410 and it's already "Hump Day". There's not much going on today at the office except for the day to day operations to include meetings and emergency exercise preparations. In reference to our trip next month down to West Palm Beach for the "Great Smoke", we all booked our flights down to West Palm 'One Way". We got a good price through JetBlue from Newark, NJ for $104 direct non-stop. The return trip on Sunday the 25th is still high, watching it everyday to see if the price drops a little. More to follow on that. Anyway, enjoy everyone and have a great day......
Old 01-25-2024, 03:41 AM   #4566
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room in Monroe, NY tonight. We had a steady rain all night and I just check and it looks like it'll continue until late tomorrow afternoon. NOAA was spot on with this one, about time as they say. I hope you all have a great day and enjoy.......
Old 01-26-2024, 03:51 AM   #4567
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a great time at Aroma last night, the usual suspects were out and the place was packed. We're going to do some grilling this weekend starting with a London Broil tonight; a beer can chicken tomorrow - low and slow; then either burgers or chops on Sunday while we watch the NFL Playoff games. We're heading back to Aroma tomorrow morning for a couple of hours to hang out with the regular crew to relax and catch up. Enjoy the weekend everyone......
Old 01-29-2024, 03:35 AM   #4568
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday already. Congrats to the Chiefs and the 49ers for making it into the Super Bowl. Hope it's a good game and even better if my boxes win. Saturday at Aroma was a good day, the place was packed and I saw some ole' faces that haven't been around for a while. Have a great week all and enjoy......
Old 01-30-2024, 03:44 AM   #4569
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's looking like we'll have a normal January day here in the Hudson Valley according to NOAA:

Have a great day everyone and always remember to be safe out there......
Old 01-31-2024, 04:03 AM   #4570
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the espresso coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". I have to take a day off today and wait for the plumber to arrive. I got home from work yesterday and the kitchen faucet finally went and water was everywhere. We got it all cleaned up, just waiting on the plumber to change things out. Have a great day all and enjoy......
Old 02-01-2024, 03:35 AM   #4571
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room in Monroe, NY tonight. In reference to yesterday's plumbing experience, they had to replace everything from above the sink and below to include the connections and all. It was a little pricey but it had to be done, happy wife makes a happy life. Enjoy everyone and we hope to see some of the local S/BOTL this evening.......
Old 02-02-2024, 04:03 AM   #4572
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the espresso coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a great time at Aroma last night, the usual suspects were out and the place was hoppin'. After today's chance of rain / snow, we have a good week of sunny days according to NOAA:

Tomorrow, I'm going to stop by Aroma to see the fellas and then put a rack of ribs on the grill in the afternoon - low and slow. Sunday, Beth and I are planning on going to the annual chilli cook-off at the Shamrock Tavern here in Cornwall. They always have over 20 entries and they are all top notch and very tasty:

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...65161685401548

​Have a great weekend all and definitely enjoy.......
Old 02-05-2024, 03:54 AM   #4573
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday already. We had a nice weekend filled with cigars and a few cold ones: Saturday morning was spent at Aroma with the fellas and then in the afternoon I grilled the rack of ribs low and slow; yesterday, we met our dear friends Kristen and Stephan at the Newburgh Brewery for a couple and then we all headed over to the Shamrock Tavern for the chilli cook-off. It's always a good time there with friends especially when you go in and know a bunch of the regulars as well. Enjoy your week everyone......
Old 02-06-2024, 03:49 AM   #4574
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's looking like we have another 3 days of nothing but sunny days here in the Hudson Valley. I have an update in reference to the Great Smoke that is roughly 2 weeks away: we have our return tickets now, flying back Monday morning versus Sunday - big savings; the house we are renting has been extended a day at a discount; the 12 passenger van we are renting also got extended a day making it easier to get back to the airport instead of calling an Uber; we have 10 of us total staying in the 5 bedroom house, 3 of the guys are flying home Sunday because of work on Monday; lastly, one of the fellas couldn't go this year so he's renting a van to take us to the Newark Airport and then again on Monday to pick us up for $50 a person - deal. We're arriving Wednesday; Miami on Thursday to visit Aganorsa Leaf in the morning; Ortega Cigars visit in the afternoon; Friday, back to Miami to visit Espinosa Cigars and then My Father headquarters in the afternoon. Saturday is the main event at the South Florida Fair Grounds and Sunday is another Funday relaxing at the house pool side. I'll need another vacation when I get home just to relax and recover, LOL. Enjoy all and remember to be safe out there.......
Old 02-07-2024, 03:37 AM   #4575
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0410 and it's already "Hump Day". I had a miserable day at work yesterday as my personal email got hacked which took a couple of times to reset my passwords and get things back in order. I wish one day that all of them hackers get the karma they deserve and feel the wrath of Charlie, LOL. Anyway, enjoy your day everyone......
Old 02-08-2024, 03:43 AM   #4576
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room this evening enjoying primo stogies and all. Definitely looks like we'll have another nice weather day today with temps in the upper 40s and sunny all day. Same for tomorrow with rain predicted for Saturday. Enjoy your day all and we hope to see some of the local S/BOTL tonight.......
Old 02-09-2024, 03:56 AM   #4577
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a good time at Aroma last night, the regulars were out and enjoying themselves. We all know that it's Superbowl weekend, I hope the game is a good one and the commercials are were watching. I have football pools with various organisations, fingers crossed that at least one of them hit. Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy.......
Old 02-12-2024, 03:48 AM   #4578
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's back to work Monday already. Congrats to the Chiefs for their OT win over the 49ers and being crowned the Super Bowl champs again. Good game overall, defence made it tighter than I thought it would be. It's NASCAR Speed Week with the Daytona 500 this coming Sunday. Also, MLB will be starting up soon with pitchers and catchers reporting this week. Last thing to discuss is that the Hudson Valley will get a winter storm starting tonight into tomorrow according to NOAA:

Tonight - A chance of rain and snow between 10pm and 1am, then snow. Low around 29. Wind chill values between 20 and 25. Calm wind becoming northeast 5 to 9 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Tuesday - Snow, mainly before 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 34. Wind chill values between 15 and 25. Northeast wind 14 to 17 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...unit=0&dd=&bw=

Enjoy your week all and definitely be careful out there......
Old 02-13-2024, 03:41 AM   #4579
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the espresso coffee is on and it's a snowy Tuesday morning. West Point called a "Code Red" yesterday starting at 0100 (1 AM this morning until 1300 (1 PM) today. It's not that bad out and I see that the snow plows are going up and down the street. We have another Adverse Weather Conference Call today at 0900 (9 AM) to see how things are coming along for DPW on the installation and if we have to extend the Code Red until the end of the day. Thank goodness that this storm came this week instead of next week being that we are all flying down next Wednesday to West Palm Beach for the Great Smoke. Anyway, enjoy everyone.......
Old 02-14-2024, 03:41 AM   #4580
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on this brisk Valentine's Day morning and I'm happy that it's already "Hump Day". We ended up with roughly a foot of snow here in the Hudson Valley and West Point made the right call by extending the Code Red through 1900 (7 PM) last night. I got the drive and walk ways all cleaned up and the back patio as well. Took a couple of hours to get everything cleaned off but all is back to normal. Have a great day all and enjoy.......