Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #61
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cbid is down!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
You'll probably have to check your shipping preference Andy. You can either check once per week (Thursday only) or daily (Mon - Fri)...
I have it set for once a week. The reason I asked the question is that even though I hit quick buy, it still shows as an open bid (b/c it's one of 3 in that lot). The auction doesn't close until the 8th.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:56 PM   #62
Chingas
Death Is Waiting

First Name: Chingas
Trading: (35)
Partagas
Chingas has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Question:
If I use the Buy it Now option at CBID, do I still have to wait until the auction closes before it is shipped?
The quick answer is YES. They don't ship until the auction is over even tho you already secured your purchase!
Old 09-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #63
Garbandz
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (53)
Garbandz will become famous soon enough

I have noticed the Quick Buy does not affect the auction items offered.Sometimes you see more items sold on Quick Buy than the original auction.
The auction sites provide a chance to order smokes you might not be able to get locally,and sometimes a lower price.I still deal with my local shop to insure IT stays in business,because I enjoy getting together with friends and my local shop makes that possible.
On a few occasions I have gotten sticks from the auction sites that clearly should NOT have made it past Quality Control at the factory where they were made.I also feel the auction sites should have stopped them from going out.However, when I brought it to the attention of the sites they made good for them.
Garbandz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #64
sevans105
Alpha Zombie Wolf "Sceve"

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Cohiba
sevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbandz View Post
I have noticed the Quick Buy does not affect the auction items offered.Sometimes you see more items sold on Quick Buy than the original auction.
The auction sites provide a chance to order smokes you might not be able to get locally,and sometimes a lower price.I still deal with my local shop to insure IT stays in business,because I enjoy getting together with friends and my local shop makes that possible.
On a few occasions I have gotten sticks from the auction sites that clearly should NOT have made it past Quality Control at the factory where they were made.I also feel the auction sites should have stopped them from going out.However, when I brought it to the attention of the sites they made good for them.
I agree on this last point. I've had several cracked wrappers and one whole fiver that looked like it had been stepped on. However, when I called them and mentioned it, they immediately made good as well, even adding in a couple extras.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #65
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbandz View Post
You can still find things using Quick Buy at a cheaper price than CI normally sells it for. I saved $10 bucks using Quick Buy at CBID rather than purchasing the same item at CI.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote