Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
jbo57

Default Branson

This may be in the wrong place and if it is, I apologize. I just got back from a trip to Branson, MO. and discovered that they have a scarcity of good cigar stores. However, I found one that is very interesting. It's called the "Cigar Box" and it's in the middle of the flea market on the edge of town. This guy has a little "shack" that looks like it could never have anything good in it. However, when you go in, he's got a walk in humidor and a fairly nice selection of sticks.

One thing I learned...none of the shops I visited (and I visited 3) had ever heard of Don Pepin or Tats.

Again, if this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Branson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbo57 View Post
One thing I learned...none of the shops I visited (and I visited 3) had ever heard of Don Pepin or Tats.
None of the B&M's where I live have heard of Tatuaje or Partagas or any of the most popular brands mentioned on these boards either. A lot of them just carry the brands the particular owner likes. I think its just part of the B&M shopping experience.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
jbo57

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
None of the B&M's where I live have heard of Tatuaje or Partagas or any of the most popular brands mentioned on these boards either. A lot of them just carry the brands the particular owner likes. I think its just part of the B&M shopping experience.
You could be right...they probably do carry what they like. But these guys had never heard of a DPG, that's what amazed me. I guess our world tends to become pretty small as lover's of this hobby.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
W.B.
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
W.B. is on a distinguished road

I have been in the same place. I remember trying my first Don Kiki from there, a brown label. The guy in the shop had some pretty knowledge.
Of course after leaving Branson I took the not so direct route back to Illinois and stopped off in KC for some BBQ and a visit to the Outlaw. Good times.
W.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #5
FretSpot
Ronshumidor.com

First Name: Donovan
Trading: (25)
Bolivar
FretSpot is on a distinguished road

The place to go in the Branson area is Springfield - Just For Him has all of the good stuff!
FretSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #6
jbo57

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.B. View Post
I have been in the same place. I remember trying my first Don Kiki from there, a brown label. The guy in the shop had some pretty knowledge.
Of course after leaving Branson I took the not so direct route back to Illinois and stopped off in KC for some BBQ and a visit to the Outlaw. Good times.
Yeah, this guy was great. He had a white handlebar mustache and was very friendly. We sat out on his porch and enjoyed a stick and then he gave me two Don Kiki's and I just smoked the Brown Label this morning. It was a very good smoke. Good draw, good burn and good taste. Can't beat that trifecta.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
jbo57

Quote:
Originally Posted by FretSpot View Post
The place to go in the Branson area is Springfield - Just For Him has all of the good stuff!
I have friends from Springfield who come down for the Hillbilly Herf and they have told me all about Just For Him. Sounds like a great place.