Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-01-2010, 09:41 AM   #41
brigey57
Smoke me if you can...

First Name: Bri
Trading: (0)
Montecristo
brigey57 is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Cigar mishaps and the like...

Cigar mishaps and the like...

Yeah, almost done that but just caught myself before I got burned. I also have beard and mustache, gotta watch out for them longer hairs. Whoa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guado View Post
Reasons I always keep a fully stocked and unlocked MOOCH humidor on my desk. I always say "Take whatever you want" and walk the humidor into an open area. LOL

So far for me the biggest mishap is putting the wrong end in my mouth.

I always say you have been smoking(and drinking) long enough if you haven't done that at least once!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #42
BigCat
My back is now unwatched.

First Name: Colin
Trading: (5)
BigCat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cigar mishaps and the like...

I forgot I had a nice Xikar cutter my uncle had just given me in my pocket on my way into court. I realized it when I was in line and slipped it into my briefcase hoping the screener wouldn't catch it. She did. I explained I could get on an airplane with it no problem - she didn't buy it. I didn't have time to run back to the office before the hearing, so I stepped out of line and, when I thought no one was looking, I dropped it in a plant near the door hoping to re-claim it on my way out. Someone must have seen me. It was gone when I got done. I was pissed. I realize it was my fault, but still...
Old 09-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #43
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Was visiting my (now ex) girlfriend (she went to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo) and I got to CSU Chico. Needless to say we were 400miles apart and saw eachother 1-2 times a month with the exception of school breaks. She always tried to do stuff she new I liked while I was down bc generally when I was down I was being force to go to her sorority events.

So she takes me to the local cigar shop. I pick out a few cigars and she was kind enough to buy them for me. We go to a movie and dinner and back to her house. For the life of me I couldn't find the cigars. She offered to replace them but I said no.

Fast forward three months. I get a picture msg from her of a horrific scene. It was four shredded cigars cuddled together in a baggie! She was cleaning her car and found them under the passenger seat which was always being adjusted.

Sad day for me
Old 09-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #44
area51
Blowing Smoke Rings

First Name: Ken
Trading: (3)
Bolivar Army (Active)
area51 has a spectacular aura aboutarea51 has a spectacular aura about

Putting the wrong end in my mouth, stepping on cigars and inhaling the smoke only to puke it all up are probably at the top of my list.
area51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #45
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

One time I left a Oliva V in my cup holder in my car, I put a beer on top of it and crushed it. It only ruined the wrapped but still.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #46
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionAndy View Post
RAGE. This has happened to me a lot. Here's how it normally goes down: my roommate has a party or a barbecue, he gets 7 or 8 beers in him and wants a cigar. He keeps a few singles in my humi so we both go up to the room to grab one. Somehow we acquire leeches along the way. I want to stress this--I am more than willing to share. If we're having a party at the house I think it's part of my job to be gracious, but really it's more than obligation, it's just good character to share.

And for some reason these people always end up not realizing that a cigar lasts much longer than a cigarette. And I think they also don't realize that we're not smoking swishers--these aren't fifty cents apiece!
More of a gripe or pet peeve than a "mishap".

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #47
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Had a sad one happen today...

Had just fired up a Pepin Blue... guy driving the golf cart gunned it... I dropped the cigar... and the back tire ran over it on the cart path. Totally destroyed.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #48
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Had a sad one happen today...

Had just fired up a Pepin Blue... guy driving the golf cart gunned it... I dropped the cigar... and the back tire ran over it on the cart path. Totally destroyed.
Exactly while I always insist on driving. I may drop my rider out of the cart stopping short, but I'll save the cigar.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #49
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Biggest cigar mishap? Giving a friend one of your best smokes, watching them light it and smoke an inch off it and then pitch it away... That would probably be my biggest mishap, and its happened twice now.

Now if a friend wants a smoke, I make sure to ask if they smoke cigars at all, and if all they smoke are gas station smokes, I just give them one of my cheaper handmades. I don't have enough quality smokes to have them going to waste by people who don't even enjoy them.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:18 PM   #50
TheRuckus13

I had one that made me go red in the face just this Saturday! My younger cousin took me to a local cigar lounge, let me pick out a cigar which was a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990. Now granted, I think my cutter is dull (Colibri, been over it on BOTL) but I'm also a very lousy cutter. I placed my cutter where I thought I wanted to cut and chomped down. A nice crunch, a half cut cigar, that is now completely unraveling. I destroyed my cousins gift right in front of him.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:40 AM   #51
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRuckus13 View Post
I had one that made me go red in the face just this Saturday! My younger cousin took me to a local cigar lounge, let me pick out a cigar which was a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990. Now granted, I think my cutter is dull (Colibri, been over it on BOTL) but I'm also a very lousy cutter. I placed my cutter where I thought I wanted to cut and chomped down. A nice crunch, a half cut cigar, that is now completely unraveling. I destroyed my cousins gift right in front of him.
Hehe, probably a dull cutter, or you just didn't "want" to cut the cigar. Like I tell all my buddies, "cut it like you mean it"... If you baby the cut, your just going to crunch the cigar.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:16 AM   #52
bigdix
Cigarmurai

First Name: Dan
Trading: (1)
Trinidad AirForce (Active)
bigdix will become famous soon enough

My biggest mishap was smoking my first cigar. Now I have no money or space to put them all.