Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 02-10-2024, 01:33 AM   #1
WA Tiger
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
WA Tiger is on a distinguished road
Default Colibri Rally

Hi all, I just purchased this Humidor and the instructions sheet says it’s up and ready to use in only a few hours of prep. Is this correct? No instructions of two week prep, anyone else have this model? If so, how did you prepare it? Thanks
WA Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 07:24 AM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Colibri Rally

No picture has shown up for me.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 08:30 AM   #3
mahtofire14
Chillin in the Aging Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough

Judging by the pics of it I've found online it doesn't look any different on the inside than any other humidor. If it were me I'd season it like I normally would a new humi, otherwise you'll most likely be battling dry conditions until the wood soaks in enough moisture to hold at 65 or 70.
Old 02-10-2024, 10:00 PM   #4
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

Ditto to above. Plus it’s not hard or time consuming to season a humidor.
Old 02-11-2024, 08:11 AM   #5
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

I would follow the instructions for seasoning a humidor as found in a sticky at the top of this sub forum.

Best of luck!
Old 02-11-2024, 11:52 AM   #6
WA Tiger
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
WA Tiger is on a distinguished road

This is the instructions:

HUMIDOR INSTRUCTION

COLIBRI
EST. 1928
COLIBRI HUMIDOR
Humidor preparation (humidification) Before putting cigars in a new humidor, you should prepare it as follows:
1. After removing the packaging, immerse the humidor humidifier in distilled water for 10-15 minutes (in the case of humidifier with bio sponge) or for 25-30 minutes (in the case of humidifier with acrylic polymer balls). In this case, for 25-30 minutes, the balls, saturated with water, will increase in diameter from 2 mm to 10-12 mm and fill the entire volume of the humidifier. Shake off excess water and wipe the humidifier before placing it in the humidor.
2. Moisten a new clean sponge in distilled water, wring it out and thoroughly wipe the inside of the humidor. The humidor walls should become damp, but not wet. It is forbidden to wipe the humidor from inside with a wet cloth, as well as to pour water into it in order to avoid over-wetting, which can lead to mold growth, deformation of wooden elements and irreversible damage to the humidor.
3. soak the sponge once again in distilled water and leave it in the humidor, placing it on a saucer Make sure that the sponge does not come into contact with the bottom and walls of the humidor.
4. Place the humidifier in the humidor, close the lid and leave it with the sponge for at least 12 hours. 5.
5. Then remove the sponge, soak the humidifier again with distilled water and leave it in the humidor for another 12 hours. As a result, the humidity in the humidor should exceed 60%. If it is less than this, repeat the humidification process.
6. Your humidor is now ready to store cigars. When stacking cigars, make sure they do not cover the grooves of the humidifier.
Storing cigars in the humidor
1. Check the humidity level in the humidor at least every two weeks. The humidity should range between 65-75%.
2. Add water to the humidifier about once a month (more often in dry climates). Use only distilled water. Tap water contains mineral salts and chlorine, which clog the pores of the humidifier and when evaporated can form a white residue on cigars.
3- Store your cigar humidor in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat sources. If the temperature and humidity become too high, fungus and mold may develop on the cigars and humidor walls
4. Another danger of increased temperature and humidity is tobacco longhorned beetles. They can hatch from the larvae in infested cigars if the humidor is kept above 24 degrees Celsius for more than a day. If an infestation is found, all cigars should be checked, the humidor should be wiped with a damp sponge, and cigars with bug holes should be thrown away or frozen for 48 hours in the freezer, then kept for another 24 hours in the refrigerator to kill the bugs and larvae.
5. Old or dried cigars should be kept in a humidor for 1-1.5 months before use
WA Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote