icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Margarito - Cotto Dec. 3rd

Who you rooting for?

Lot of hate there...Margarito is a very hostile man.

Can't find any bars here showing it, and not sure if I am gonna cough up the money for PPV yet.

Me? I am rooting for Cotto, and just hoping the fight is close to as exciting as their first go-round.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:30 AM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann
Default Re: Margarito - Cotto Dec. 3rd

"I asked for some m*********ing answers, M*********ers!!!"

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 11-29-2011, 03:59 AM   #3
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Bump. No Pick For Me; I Don't Have A Favorite.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:02 AM   #4
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

I vote Catsup
Old 11-29-2011, 04:05 AM   #5
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Tom save your money buy beer
Margarito should try MMA and then we will see how tough he is.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #6
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
I vote Catsup
Maybe you can watch it with your noisy neighbor, bring her some chili.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
Tom save your money buy beer
Margarito should try MMA and then we will see how tough he is.
Two different animals, My Friend.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:27 AM   #7
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

I like Cotto going away. Doubt he knocks him out, but I think he'll get a UD.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:35 AM   #8
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Watched the interview with the fighters and Max Kellerman, watched Margarito-Cotto I, and that was too much. Broke down and ordered the fight.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:36 AM   #9
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Watched the interview with the fighters and Max Kellerman, watched Margarito-Cotto I, and that was too much. Broke down and ordered the fight.
It should be a good one. These two guys genuinely don't like one another, and it usually makes for a more exciting fight.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:41 AM   #10
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Maybe you can watch it with your noisy neighbor, bring her some chili.
I don't want her to have gas too
Old 12-02-2011, 11:43 PM   #11
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Tomorrow night....I'll be watching with Justin's neighbor.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:10 AM   #12
Taki
Welcome to the Layer Cake

First Name: Taki
Trading: (38)
HdM
Taki has disabled reputation

Neither....boxing is dare I say old school compared to MMA, so much more skill needed in MMA. Let's be honest though the only real boxing fight anyone wants to see is "the little guy" Manny and Floyd. Any thoughts if it will ever happen???
Old 12-03-2011, 08:27 AM   #13
racerX
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: john
racerX is on a distinguished road

Margarito gets a bad wrap. Ha - Ha, get it. Actually I'm serious, I think it is time to put his past behind. I was so lucky to go to the Pac man margarito fight in Dallas. Margarito took a beating and kept coming back for more. I could not believe he or his corner didn't throw in the towl. Despite what happened in the past, the guy has heart and guts. I hope he is not risking losing his vision tonight. Cotto is a great fighter. Should be a great fight.
racerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #14
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taki View Post
Neither....boxing is dare I say old school compared to MMA, so much more skill needed in MMA. Let's be honest though the only real boxing fight anyone wants to see is "the little guy" Manny and Floyd. Any thoughts if it will ever happen???
Casual fans. True boxing fans enjoy the truly great fighters, and both Cotto and Margarito are great fighters. Their first fight in 2008 was epic, therefore the great interest among true boxing fans for this fight.

Taking nothing away from MMA fighters, their skill sets are much more diverse with the ground game and takedown game than are traditional boxers' skill sets. And many of them that I have followed bring excitement every fight. But many others... I just get bored watching fighters who are on the mat for 4:45 of a 5 minute round. Not bashing it, just saying it doesn't interest me. Now when they are on their feet? That I like.

The payday for Mayweather - Pacquio will just be too great at some point for Floyd to resist. Likely the biggest purse in boxing history, so I do think it will happen if bothe fighters remain healthy and keep winning.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #15
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerX View Post
Margarito gets a bad wrap. Ha - Ha, get it. Actually I'm serious, I think it is time to put his past behind. I was so lucky to go to the Pac man margarito fight in Dallas. Margarito took a beating and kept coming back for more. I could not believe he or his corner didn't throw in the towl. Despite what happened in the past, the guy has heart and guts. I hope he is not risking losing his vision tonight. Cotto is a great fighter. Should be a great fight.
Bad joke, John...but funny!

Did you see the interview the fighters both did Max Kellerman. Margarito says he isn't afraid to die in the ring...he even says he expects to die in the ring. Anybody with that mindset...well, I guess his vision isn't even a big concern for him. He is a truly "bad" man. But Cotto seems focused, and confident without being cocky. I agree, think it should be a great fight. Hopefully no big suprises like Mayweather - Diaz.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:18 PM   #16
racerX
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: john
racerX is on a distinguished road

Great fight. I wish it could have gone longer but the result would have been the same. I love boxing. Tom - I hope you liked it as well. Until next time...stay ready to rumble.
racerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:02 AM   #17
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I enjoyed it, John...although you always hope for a knockout rather than a stoppage, Cotto boxed perfectly for the situation and closed Margarito's eye by the 7th. I was happy for Miguel, and hope he gets another big payday...he earned it.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #18
Taki
Welcome to the Layer Cake

First Name: Taki
Trading: (38)
HdM
Taki has disabled reputation

Quote:
Casual fans. True boxing fans enjoy the truly great fighters, and both Cotto and Margarito are great fighters. Their first fight in 2008 was epic, therefore the great interest among true boxing fans for this fight.

Taking nothing away from MMA fighters, their skill sets are much more diverse with the ground game and takedown game than are traditional boxers' skill sets. And many of them that I have followed bring excitement every fight. But many others... I just get bored watching fighters who are on the mat for 4:45 of a 5 minute round. Not bashing it, just saying it doesn't interest me. Now when they are on their feet? That I like.

The payday for Mayweather - Pacquio will just be too great at some point for Floyd to resist. Likely the biggest purse in boxing history, so I do think it will happen if bothe fighters remain healthy and keep winning.
So the real question is who do you think would win between Floyd and Manny?? Personally I think Floyd would but it would be a decision I dont think Manny as fast as he is could knock Floyd out because of how Floyd fights he is probably one of the best counter fighter ever..plus do you think there is any real merit to the whole "Manny needs too take a drug test" argument??
Old 12-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #19
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I think Floyd will give any fighter a hard time. While I don't care for him personally, as a boxer he has superb skills and fights "smart", using defense and counterpunching effectively, Undefeated for a reason.

I think Pacquio is the best fight out there for Floyd now, but not sure he could win. Regardless, as you said, it's the fight everyone wants to see, and I would be rooting for Manny to shut Big Mouth's yapper.

From everything I have read, I don't find any merit to the drug accusations against Manny...but only his dealer knows for sure.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #20
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Cotto looked so good last night. There was no way he was going to lose that fight. This should get him a big fight. Maybe we'll see him square up against Mayweather.