Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-29-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Opinion: New NCAA Hoops Thread?

As some of you know, and many don't care, I hosted a college basketball thread last year. It was a fair amount of work for me, but considering how my Tar Heels performed on the court it was most of the fun I had during the season. Others seemed to enjoy it too, although other others didn't like some of the things I posted, whereas other other others didn't really give a $#!+ at all. Well, a new season kicks off in about a week, and I for one am ready for it . . . and could not get much better a birthday present either.

I thought I'd have an informal straw-poll of my fellow inmates before I presumed to kick off a new thread this season. What do youse guys think? Yes, you'd like one? No, you wouldn't? Yes, if somebody . . . hell, ANYBODY! . . . but me does it? Or maybe, hell, you don't give one spinning spit, one way or t'other? Please note all feedback is appreciated, and don't be shy. My skin's pretty damn thick, I don't much care what you think of me anyway ( ), and I'm likely to consider that silence is assent.

I welcome your responses, and thank you for your time and attention.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #2
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Opinion: New NCAA Hoops Thread?

Go for it!
Attached Images
File Type: gif KansasLogo.gif (1.5 KB, 336 views)
Old 10-29-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

I'm gonna host my own thread too. I was thinking one on waffles. I will get back to you.
Go Fighting Waffles!!!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Thomas...I'm a fan!!....thread was informative....and I like NCAA B-Ball!!
Old 10-29-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Thanks for the early input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate View Post
Go for it!
I appreciate your support, but I STILL ain't buyin' into K-State until they prove me otherwise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
Thomas...I'm a fan!!....thread was informative....and I like NCAA B-Ball!!

Well, I tried to be informative, entertaining, and as fair as my prejudices would allow . . . which is why I COULD buy into 'Nova, but not a post-Chaney Temple team.

Oh, and Pete, I'm more a flapjack man myself, but I could get into some waffles.

Keep those cards and letters coming, friends . . . and enemies.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Tip-up, for the 2nd string.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Love me some NCAA basketball!!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:41 PM   #8
jcruse64
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
jcruse64 is on a distinguished road

Start it up, man!

2010-2011 season is on us. I say start us off with a story on UK .

Looking forward to MSU going back to the Dance again. Coach Kennedy ran a scrimmage game last week and had OVC refs come in and call the scrimmage.

Also looking forward to seeing what gets dredged up on Agent/RichBooster/Player/Coach relations this season. UK is always ripe for some more .
jcruse64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #9
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Love me some NCAA basketball!!
I began my addiction back in the '60s, when Lefty was still coaching Davidson, cursing the fact that he wasn't Dean Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcruse64 View Post
Start it up, man!

2010-2011 season is on us. I say start us off with a story on UK.

Looking forward to MSU going back to the Dance again. Coach Kennedy ran a scrimmage game last week and had OVC refs come in and call the scrimmage.

Also looking forward to seeing what gets dredged up on Agent/RichBooster/Player/Coach relations this season. UK is always ripe for some more.
The only current story pending out of Lexington is the status of Enes Kantor, with the NCAA and Calipari still debating whether or not his receipt of hundreds of thousands from a Turkish pro team affects his amateur status. But he's not the only "name" recruit in question. Josh Selby at Kansas has an academic issue to resolve. This means that, of the top three rated recruits in the 2010 class, only Harrison Barnes at UNC is at practice today.

The Spartans should have another great season, if they can keep their guys out of surgery. And as I don't feel a repeat is likely for Duke (possible, yes, but not likely), MSU might be my preseason favorite to take it all . . . at last. Hey, third time's a charm, right? Or is that, three strikes, yer out?
Old 11-01-2010, 02:17 PM   #10
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

OK, you've had the weekend to think it over, and still this week to decide. What do you think . . . if you do?
Old 11-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #11
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Nobody else interested enough to vote? It IS Election Day, you know.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #12
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

As with last year's thread, quite a few people are taking a peek, but damn few are making a peep. Without a hoops thread you may miss out on many earth-shattering stories, such as how Iowa almost got into trouble with the NCAA because of Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore, or like about the transgender player on the George Washington women's team who won't have his/her operation until AFTER she/he fulfills his/her eligibility.

Now, how can you survive without this vital information? But hey, it's your call.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #13
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Go for it!

I didn't say anything last year so..........................

Go Duke! ABC! (anybody but Carowhina)

Old 11-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #14
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Go for it!

I didn't say anything last year so..........................

Go Duke! ABC! (anybody but Carowhina)

I have never had a problem with anybody who roots for Dook.

Well, to be honest, I'd prefer it if they pulled for a North Carolina team (Heels, Pack, Deacs, 49ers, Mountaineers, Wildcats, und so weider), as opposed to a team that just happens to have a campus in the state, but . . . whatever.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:08 PM   #15
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

[quote=The Poet;1041592] . . . which is why I COULD buy into 'Nova, but not a post-Chaney Temple team.
[quote]

Dunphy's the man!!....I like the Owls this year...pre-season @22....Lavoy Allen is a player, went to the same HS my kids go to now, worked with my son in a b-ball clinic....good backcourt....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
As with last year's thread, quite a few people are taking a peek, but damn few are making a peep. Without a hoops thread you may miss out on many earth-shattering stories, such as how Iowa almost got into trouble with the NCAA because of Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore, or like about the transgender player on the George Washington women's team who won't have his/her operation until AFTER she/he fulfills his/her eligibility.

Now, how can you survive without this vital information? But hey, it's your call.
That's why I love it!....HTF trans-gender b-ball info!!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #16
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:

Dunphy's the man!!
Fran may be the man, but he ain't half the tough old bastid Chaney was. I can see the Owls ruling the A-10, getting a 4 or 5-seed, and making the Sweet 16. But any more than that's asking a lot.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #17
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Fran may be the man, but he ain't half the tough old bastid Chaney was. I can see the Owls ruling the A-10, getting a 4 or 5-seed, and making the Sweet 16. But any more than that's asking a lot.
I'd be happy to dance in the Sweet 16...it's been awhile...and Chaney was ornery, crusty....and loved by all!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #18
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
I'd be happy to dance in the Sweet 16...it's been awhile...and Chaney was ornery, crusty....and loved by all!
Except Calipari!

Sweet 16 would be sweet. Elite 8 would be excellent! I will go no farther.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:22 PM   #19
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
Except Calipari!

Sweet 16 would be sweet. Elite 8 would be excellent! I will go no farther.
Good times!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #20
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Good times!
It's been a while since I watched it...crazy stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51-4sJTf7iQ
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote