Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Coffee Discussion

Old 09-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #21
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cleaning a coffee pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonlady View Post
I have been there and done that But now I drink something much better than Folgers.
First you want to clean, now this? Lady, you ARE a coffee snob!

JK, of course.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #22
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkny1 View Post
Where do you guys get straight vinegar? The stuff I come across always says Reduced to 5% Acidity and I don't think that's the right stuff?

White vinegar at 5% is the norm. When I hear "straight vinegar", to me at least, it means white vinegar right out of the bottle with no further dilution.

I've heard of 10% to 20% acid white vinegar for industrial uses / commercial pickling operations but I've never personally seen it as a "vinegar" (lab grade glacial acetic acid is a different story) and never really looked for it either so I'm not sure where you would go to get it. You would need to be careful with it, as at that concentration, it could possibly damage some components and will cause burns if it contacts exposed skin.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #23
ashtonlady
The Lady is Here

First Name: Laura
Trading: (8)
Navy (Served With Honor)
ashtonlady will become famous soon enoughashtonlady will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
First you want to clean, now this? Lady, you ARE a coffee snob!

JK, of course.
Yes I am a snob, I drink coffee that I have roasted. I prefer French press but, my Brazen is a good second place. It warms up the water to just the right temp and then soaks the grounds before pushing water through them for the best flavor So Yes I am a Coffee Snob/
ashtonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #24
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonlady View Post
Yes I am a snob, I drink coffee that I have roasted. I prefer French press but, my Brazen is a good second place. It warms up the water to just the right temp and then soaks the grounds before pushing water through them for the best flavor So Yes I am a Coffee Snob/
Not that there's anything WRONG with that.