Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of
Default New York Yankees 2011

New York Yankees 2011

Spring Training is about 1 1/2 months away now. Yankees look like the Wild Card team on paper.

Trivia:
Who was the last Yankees player to wear uniform number 3 prior ro the club retiring it on June 13, 1948, in honor of Babe Ruth?
Old 01-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
MiamiE
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Erick
Trading: (38)
RA
MiamiE will become famous soon enoughMiamiE will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New York Yankees 2011

I am guessing Cliff Mapes! Cant wait to wear my 2003 Marlins Championship hat at Yankee Stadium next week!
MiamiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Allie Clark

Here's hoping they get the pitching sorted out before spring training starts
Old 01-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #4
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiE View Post
I am guessing Cliff Mapes! Cant wait to wear my 2003 Marlins Championship hat at Yankee Stadium next week!
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

Congrats on the correct answer. Your prize is free unlimited access to the New York Yankees 2011 thread.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #5
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Here's hoping they get the pitching sorted out before spring training starts
I really hope so also. There is nothing promising out there. Right now they have one guy in the rotation with guarenteed performance and that is CC. Hughes had a lot of wins last year but the offense bailed him out a lot. If AJ can get his head out of his butt maybe he will be productive.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #6
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Yankees Quote for the Day:

"The very best characteristic a player can have, the strongest possible foundation for his success, is guts." ~ Yankees manager Miller Huggins
Old 01-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #7
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post

Trivia:
Who was the last Yankees player to wear uniform number 3 prior ro the club retiring it on June 13, 1948, in honor of Babe Ruth?
icehog?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #8
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
I really hope so also. There is nothing promising out there. Right now they have one guy in the rotation with guarenteed performance and that is CC. Hughes had a lot of wins last year but the offense bailed him out a lot. If AJ can get his head out of his butt maybe he will be productive.
Well, i'm hoping they can pick up a B grade starter somewhere to anchor the back end of the rotation. CC is money, Hughes is decent, AJ I wouldn't count on, Nova who knows, and Mitre sucks. We are in trouble if thats who we throw out opening day.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #9
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Andy Pettitte is expected to advise the Yankees in the next couple of days if he will retire or play in 2011.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:53 PM   #10
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Yankees Trivia:

Which graduate of Dartmouth College was the first Yankees thrid baseman to start an MLB All-Star game?
Old 01-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #11
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yankees Trivia:

Which graduate of Dartmouth College was the first Yankees thrid baseman to start an MLB All-Star game?
Yankees had a player graduate from college, let alone an Ivy League school?
Old 01-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #12
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Congrats to Nick Swisher who is being honored with the Thurmon Munson award. Also to be honored are former All-Star catcher Mike Piazza, current Mets outfielder Angel Pagan, Nets all-star guard Devin Harris and Olympic gold-medal-winning figure skater Evan Lysacek.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #13
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Yankees had a player graduate from college, let alone an Ivy League school?
Didn't Lou Gehrig graduate from Columbia?

Hey, Mac, I know there's a lot of Mets from Columbia too, but none of them went to school . . . of any sort.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #14
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post

Hey, Mac, I know there's a lot of Mets from Columbia too, but none of them went to school . . . of any sort.
Come on. Cut the guy a break. Ragging on the Yankees is about as much fun as he can look forward to, year after year, as a Met's fan.

Not like he can expect them to win his Mets to win.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #15
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

If Pettitte retires there is a good chance the Yankees will go after Rafael Soriano to make the bullpen tighter.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #16
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Didn't Lou Gehrig graduate from Columbia?

Lou went to Columbia, but did he graduate? I hate the Yanks but consider Lou one of (if not the) greatest of all time. Lou, Ty, Pete, Ted, and Jeter.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #17
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Yankees Trivia:

Only a couple hours left to make guesses.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #18
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If Pettitte retires there is a good chance the Yankees will go after Rafael Soriano to make the bullpen tighter.
I hope Pettitte remains. I know I despise the Yanks but hold a certain respect for many of their players. Pettitte is one of them.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #19
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I hope Pettitte remains. I know I despise the Yanks but hold a certain respect for many of their players. Pettitte is one of them.
They really need him for the rotation. Right now they are going to need to score 1500 runs to make the playoffs.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #20
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

If you have the YES Network turn it on now!!