Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 07-15-2014, 04:06 AM   #1821
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's going to be another rainy day today:

Today Showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 10am. Some of the storms could produce small hail, gusty winds, and heavy rain. Patchy fog before 9am. High near 80. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Tonight Showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 3am. Some of the storms could produce small hail, gusty winds, and heavy rain. Patchy fog after midnight. Low around 67. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...7&lon=-74.0489

Tonight we have the MLB All-Star game which should be a good one. Hope everyone stays dry and enjoys.......
Old 07-16-2014, 03:01 AM   #1822
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0345 and it's "Hump Day". Have to be at work by 0600 as a few of us have to head off to Yale University in New Haven, CT in support of this year's Army vs. Yale football game in September. It's going to be a big thing as it's the 100 year anniversary since the fist time these two fine schools played each other. West Point will be well represented with Cadets and the Army Staff starting with the Chief of Staff of the Army, General Odierno and on down will be there. Well, congrats to the American League for winning last night's MLB All-Star game. At least the A.L. will have home field advantage during this year's World Series. I hope everyone has a good one and enjoy a favorite or two or........
Old 07-17-2014, 04:01 AM   #1823
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already Thursday morning. The Yankees are off for another day, I'm sure all of this rest is doing them some good. Tonight we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars enjoying primo stogies and seeing how all the local S/BOTL are doing. Enjoy the day as well everyone.......
Old 07-18-2014, 03:54 AM   #1824
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's, a number of the regulars were out. It's good to see the MLB is back on tonight, hopefully the Yankees have a better half and make it to the playoffs. NASCAR is off this weekend in preparation of next week's race in Indy. I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoy and favorite or two throughout it.......
Old 07-20-2014, 05:49 AM   #1825
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good Sunday morning all, the coffee is on and a few of us are heading down to Plum Point shortly for a cigar & coffee:

http://www.orangetourism.org/attract...-at-plum-point

It was good to see the Yankees win two in a row, let's see if the can sweep the weekend. Enjoy everyone.......
Old 07-21-2014, 03:56 AM   #1826
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0430 and it's the beginning of a new week. We had a great day yesterday weather wise and it looks like it'll continue through at least another day:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...7&lon=-74.0489

It was great to see the Yankees win again yesterday and sweep the weekend series against the Reds. Starting today, the Bombers have a 4 day series against the Rangers, hope they can continue with the "W"s. Enjoy the week everyone and smoke em' if you get the chance.........
Old 07-22-2014, 04:08 AM   #1827
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as usual and the morning is okay so far as long as the rains stay away. I see that the Yankees lost last night after 3 major errors. Time to bounce back and win a couple in a row now. Anyway, hope everyone has a good one and enjoys.......
Old 07-23-2014, 03:53 AM   #1828
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's looking like we have another hot and muggy day on our hands. Well, the Yankees finally won it in the 14th as it went 0 - 0 through the 13th and both teams scored one in that inning. Not sure if they'll get tonight's game in as the weather guessers are calling for heavy rain and thunderstorms this evening. Hope everyone has a good one and all of your that are at IPCPR a safe journey home.........
Old 07-24-2014, 04:00 AM   #1829
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0430 and it's Thursday morning. We had some heavy rain yesterday which is good for the ground and all and now it's looking like the temps have dropped as well. It was a rained shortened win yesterday for the Yanks and they'll be back on today at 1305 (1:05pm) to close out the 4 game series against Texas. Got to work late this evening manning the Emergency Operations Center table at the New Comer Orientation briefing, hopefully I can still get to the cigar shop afterwards for a short one. Hope everyone has a good one and enjoys it as well........
Old 07-25-2014, 04:05 AM   #1830
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good Friday morning all, the coffee is on and T.G.I.F. Nice to see the Yankees win yesterday and I did make it to the cigar shop for a shorty. This weekend the NASCAR racers are in Indy for the Brickyard 400 and the Yankees are taking on the Blue Jays here in the Bronx. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys it as well.......
Old 07-26-2014, 06:32 AM   #1831
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's looking like we will have a nice day for the Peekskill Music festival. It was good to see the Yankees come back last night and win the game after being down 3 - 0. Hope they keep the winning streak alive and tighten up the AL East. Enjoy the day everyone and smoke em' if you get the chance.............

Oh yeah, Quad State Herf 9 is 2 weeks from today.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:00 AM   #1832
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Monday morning already. Congrats to Jeff Gordon for winning yesterday's NASCAR race in Indy, his 5th win at the Brick Yard in 20 attempts. I see that the Yankees lost 6 - 4 and fell back to third place 4 games behind the leader. They still have time to catch up but it's easier to do it now than at the end of the season. Anyway, I hope everyone has a good week and enjoys.......
Old 07-29-2014, 03:57 AM   #1833
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the Killer Beans are brewing and it seems that the rains have finally left (at least for the next few days). I see that the Yanks lost lost night in Texas but a big congrats to Derek Jeter for passing up Yaz currently No. 7 on all time hit list. Lets hope the Bombers can turn things around and get a few "W"s up on the board. Anyway, enjoy everyone and smoke a favorite if you get the chance........
Old 07-30-2014, 04:01 AM   #1834
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0430 as always and it's "Hump Day". It was good to see the Yankees win last night, let's hope they can go back-to-back with the wins. Hope everyone has a good one and enjoys.......
Old 07-31-2014, 04:01 AM   #1835
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0400 and I'm about to head out the door to West Point. I see that the Yankees lost last night 2 - 1, thank god they are off today so they can regroup before their weekend series with the Red Sox in Boston. Well, today being Thursday, we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening enjoying primo stogies and finalizing a few things before next Saturday's Quad State Herf 9. Hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well.......
Old 08-01-2014, 05:23 AM   #1836
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! Had a good time last night at Schlesinger's with the regular S/BOTL hanging out enjoy top shelf cigars. Heading out shortly on a 2 hour ride to the Poconos with the West Point Honor Guard for the weekend as they will be presenting the US Colors during the opening ceremonies for this weekend's NASCAR race. I'll try and get on here when I can, not sure of the connection we'll have up there. Enjoy the weekend everyone, I'll be back sometime on Monday........

Quad State Herf 9 is one week away!
Old 08-05-2014, 03:59 AM   #1837
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work for a couple of days after a great 4 day in the Poconos. We had a great time, the weather was perfect and the Honor Guard was spot on. It was great to see my favorite racer win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. driving the #88 National Guard Chevrolet. I see that the Yankees too 2 out of 3 from the Red Sox this weekend as well as winning last night 2 - 1. All I've got to say now is that this is Quad State Herf 9 week and it's gonna be balls to the wall from here on Enjoy everyone.........
Old 08-06-2014, 04:09 AM   #1838
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0415 and it's kickin'. I see that that the Yankees lost last night to the Tigers 4 - 3 in the 12th, hopefully they can put up a "W" tonight instead. Got a busy few days ahead of us so I got to run and get going. Enjoy all and remember it's "Hump Day"........
Old 08-07-2014, 03:52 AM   #1839
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's my last day in the office for a week. After this weekend's Quad State Herf, I fly to Detroit early Monday morning to be on an evaluation team to inspect the Detroit Army Arsenal and the Emergency Operations Center. Back to the present, it was good to see the Yankees win last night 5 - 1 over the Tigers, hope they can keep it up as the play today with a 1300 (1pm) game time. This evening, we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar finalizing those minute things for Saturday's event and smoking primo stogies as well. Enjoy the day everyone and smoke a favorite or two or.........
Old 08-08-2014, 05:44 AM   #1840
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday. Congrats to the Yankees for taking 3 out of 4 from the Tigers as they won yesterday 1 - 0. We had a great time last night at Schlesinger's, enjoyed the great weather and top notch stogies. Today is gonna be a busy one putting together the goodie bags for tomorrow's event and organizing those last minute things as well. Safe travels to all that are coming to this year's Quad State Herf and enjoy the weekend to all........