Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-01-2022, 10:44 AM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default My Father Fonseca Robusto

http://myfathercigars.com/default.asp

So i purchased a tasting pack after reading that My Father purchased Fonseca in 2019. I love all things Garcia these days. The quality and richness of the blends just almost always seems to be on point. I do not think i have had a single bad cigar from My Father. I have smoked 2 of these so far so I have a handle on what to expect. It is quintessential My Father in flavors but also has its own sense of spiciness as well that makes it unique. So with no further delay let's see how this things smokes!

Wrapper: A beautiful milk chocolate wrapper with 2 small veins, triple capped

Draw: a little loose for a my father cigar but nothing to complain about. cigar already read a 66% on my humidimeter.

chocolate, earthiness, cedar, nuttiness, toastiness, bread, hints of vanilla, finish is slightly creamy with a sweet aftertaste, slightly floral notes, creamy caramel,

creamy finish with a sweet aftertaste still, chocolate, caramel, hazelnuts, cedar, floral flavor notes, white, pepper, slight spiciness, honey, slight savoriness starting to develop towards the end of the 2/3rd,

cedar, nuttiness, savory aftertaste now, creamy finish, cocoa, slight campfire, earthiness, floral notes with only a slight honey taste,

Ash/burn: ash was tight and packed well, white. The burn was fairly even requiring only a slight touch up

Final Thoughts: I have no memory of smoking anything fonseca that wasn't cuban prior to smoking this. So, how does it fair against it's cuban counterpoint? Pretty good actually. The floral notes are there with a lot more complexity to it. I think i'd be hard pressed to pick a cuban fonseca over the my father fonseca now. Plus no draw or construction issues here as expected. I honestly think these are worth a try to any fan of My Father cigars. it's still a signature My Father cigar but it also maintains some of its cuban heritage in its honey and floral notes. I'd recommend you buy the tasting pack like i did before buying a box. would i buy a box right now? If the price was rihg i absolutely would. Well, those are my final thoughts. I hope you enjoyed this little review and have a blessed day! God bless you all!
Old 03-01-2022, 04:00 PM   #2
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice
Default Re: My Father Fonseca Robusto

Thank you Jason. I think I'll have to give them a try.
Old 03-01-2022, 04:26 PM   #3
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Sounds Good; Great Review, Jason!. Just Curious. Since You Are Trying Out Your New Toy, How Do You Adjust Your Humidity 1-2%???
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 02:29 PM   #4
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I buy these by the box. Atlantic usually has the best deals on em.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote