Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #21
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: This is LONG overdo. A personal request...

Well I'm clueless as to the facts . . . so I do hope it's all a thing of the past. And I'd like to wish you congratulations on your upcoming wedding and may you both have a long, fruitful and beautiful life together!

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #22
JaKaacH
ROCK Chalk JAYHAWK K U

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (32)
RA
JaKaacH has disabled reputation

OK no more jokes about your favorite beer..
I won't even mention its name.

Taste Great

LESS FILLING
Old 06-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #23
s0leful0ne
Its Huge.

Trading: (22)
RA
s0leful0ne has a spectacular aura abouts0leful0ne has a spectacular aura about

I agree with you Jordan, I myself have not been above participating in the joke at times and for that I apologize.

I have similar issues with a particular joke that many members participate in that strongly upsets me. However rather than joking with/at me, they choose to speak crudely about my younger sister and/or her friend. Many have understood and have ceased but it seems to be floating around here and there and certain members seem to still perpetuate the joke. There have been instances where they have overheard or seen inappropriate comments, and I am glad that they did not see the worst of it. I hope that this too will be the end of it.

Jordan, I hope that this thread ends the matter that you speak of, and I wish you the best of luck.

What's that smell?...Swamp Ash
s0leful0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:44 PM   #24
Cigary

Sorry that you had to go through whatever the joke was. I am wondering why a private PM wasn't in order with those you felt were causing you more anxiety or was this such thing that it got out of control that you had to make it more public? In any event telling others how it is affecting you is the right thing to do and whatever is out there that is causing you such pain maybe those who can edit or delete these posts, pics, threads , etc will do that for you.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:46 PM   #25
ucubed
Corona Cigars

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (15)
ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

I apologize for the the antagonizing that I may have caused and it's 100% understandable... I'll make sure that nothing will be posted. I'm sure this was meant for it to be to the public, since many of us know the extent of these jokes, know the story behind it and now know that things should cease. He's letting the public know, those who join in on these jokes that enough is enough, I'm sure that 100 PM's are out of the question because many know of such antics. Again apologies Jordan
ucubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #26
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Congrats on the upcoming wedding, Jordan!!
Old 06-06-2009, 12:02 AM   #27
tobii3

I'm just as guilty for cracking the jokes in chat. No prob leaving that in the past.

Jordan, my apologies for beating that dead horse.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:28 AM   #28
Waynegro1

Well said, Jordan. While I've never made a joke about it, I have to admit I laughed at the creativity of many. You've done a lot for our little community and I'm sure it wasn't easy to post this.
Congrats on the coming wedding.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #29
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaKaacH View Post
OK no more jokes about your favorite beer..
I won't even mention its name.

Taste Great

LESS FILLING
Get it right...Code Blue!
Old 06-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #30
alley00p
Adopted MassHole

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (41)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
alley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura about

Jordan, I remember you mentioning the subject in chat a couple of weeks ago when we were in there alone. I never knew how the whole thing started, but you did say "I wish it would stop" that night.

I'm a tease, as all my boys and my wife would tell you, but I try to never let it get out of hand.

Mainly, I just want to say that Sue and I enjoyed meeting you and Ashley at ELVIS, and I wish you both as much luck in your future as we have had (32 years this December!)

Old 06-06-2009, 10:50 AM   #31
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Damn, now this newbie's gotta search the whole dang site to figger out WTF went on. But, with all due respect to Jordan's apology, and to all who's feelings got burned, I'd like to submit that cigars ain't much fun without a little flame.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #32
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Damn, now this newbie's gotta search the whole dang site to figger out WTF went on. But, with all due respect to Jordan's apology, and to all who's feelings got burned, I'd like to submit that cigars ain't much fun without a little flame.
no you don't, you have to drop it and leave it alone. Cigars are about friendship and brotherhood. when one brother isn't having fun anymore with a subject it's time to drop it and leave it the **** alone.
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #33
av8tor152d
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jason
Trading: (21)
RA Army (Disabled Vet)
av8tor152d will become famous soon enoughav8tor152d will become famous soon enough

I think I can agree that it is well past time for this to be gone, Jordan hats off to you for being a sport about it, and I promise to you the matter is forgotten and will never surface again.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #34
Waynegro1

Quote:
Easy, if you don't know, then the post probably wasn't directed at you. Cigars are much more fun when the "flame" isn't pointed at you.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #35
Barteur
Golf is life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (18)
Cohiba
Barteur will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnukfu View Post
No clue what you're talking about but what seem be simple jokes can get out of hand. I'm sure the members here will respect your wishes Jordan.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #36
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
It was actually Jordan's feelings that got burned. Best to leave sleeping dogs lie.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:58 AM   #37
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Ive done my fair share of STUFF and let it be known all photoshops will no longer be available, and no others (of this subject) will be made. Ive done more than most and im sorry.