Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
Chris.
PSHC!

Trading: (25)
Partagas
Chris. will become famous soon enoughChris. will become famous soon enough
Default 262 Paradigm Torpedo

A couple small soft spots near the cap. Appearance is fantastic. Nice and dark as well. You can barely see te lines where the wrapper was rolled around the stick. It looks like it's going to blow me away on the first few puffs with spice. Prelight draw gave me a flavor similar to a chocolate covered cherry. Contrary to my initial impressions of strength, it is quite mild in strength initially. It lit easily and evenly. The excellent draw produces a good volume of smoke. The finish is light and smooth. I'm unsure of any particular flavors at 1/4". It's very mild to me so far.

Almost 2" in and no change in strength. Slight change flavor. I still cannot pinpoint the flavors.

Truthfully, I'm not impressed. I applaud the guys who created these cigars for their message to fellow BOTLs and for doing such a great job with presentation. I just feel the blend could use some tweaking to bring some flavors out more. This was on a macanudo level for me. Great construction, but too mild to enjoy. I'm going to let the other 5 in my sampler rest a few months and see if they pick up a bit. Good luck to the guys at 262 though!!
Chris. is offline   Reply With Quote