Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-26-2009, 07:00 AM   #41
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cool iPhone/touch Apps, what do you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
Wunderradio

tunewiki

midomiultra(a better but paid for version of shaazam)

Orblive (streams your tv, movies and music stored on your computer to your iphone over both 3g and wifi, for $9.99, forget about slingbox at 3 times the price and only works over wifi)

Newsstand (rss reader)

Ifitness

tv.com

Urbanspoon

Pocketuniverse (for those interested in astronomy. Uses the accelerometer and compass on the 3 GS to track your movements, as you turn to look at the sky you have a "what u see is what u get" experience. Very cool.
I checked out pocketuniverse. Had to try that one out.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:04 AM   #42
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenbaseg View Post
If you haven't checked it out yet, check out CardStar.

It's a free app that lets you put in all your store shopping cards. It makes the bar codes so your phone can be scanned at the register.
I'm going to give that one a try, too.
Thanks Garrett!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #43
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Resurrection bump. Greg got an iphone, maybe he'll see this.
I found Sportacular. It totally kicks ass for scores and boxes. I love it.
Lisa and I use iemoji all day. It's definately 99 cents worth of fun.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:40 AM   #44
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

zombievill!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 01:55 AM   #45
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Been having fun with a few new ones lately:

TuneWiki - lyrics on all your music in your phone/touch as well as multiple radio stations. Super wicked!

MiniGore - an addictive one-dimensional game that is so much fun to play. Run and gun!

Monopoly World - for all your Monopoly on the go needs. Price is a little steep at $5 but tons of playability. I think its worth it.

Layar - hard to explain what it does so I'll just say read the description. GREAT for urban/metro areas. Not sure how it would work in more rural locations.
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:08 PM   #46
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I just grabbed zombieville, tunewiki and MiniGore. They all look like fun.
Thanks Dustin and Andrew!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 05:40 PM   #47
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

Tiger Woods PGA Tour is actually not too shabby
Old 10-15-2009, 06:37 PM   #48
Resipsa

Dropbox, free 2 GB account, store your music, photos and video in the cloud and stream or download directly to your Iphone. Very cool.

Evernote: Again, cloud storage for your notes and photos, with geotagging for both your notes and photos. If you travel very cool way to chronicle your path.
Also, free OCR for photos and docs you upload making them either tag or keyword searchable. Free account

ReQall: Free memory jogging/location based app. If you're like me and have a thousand things going on, very handy.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:07 PM   #49
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
Dropbox, free 2 GB account, store your music, photos and video in the cloud and stream or download directly to your Iphone. Very cool.

Evernote: Again, cloud storage for your notes and photos, with geotagging for both your notes and photos. If you travel very cool way to chronicle your path.
Also, free OCR for photos and docs you upload making them either tag or keyword searchable. Free account

ReQall: Free memory jogging/location based app. If you're like me and have a thousand things going on, very handy.
Thanks, Vic.
I'm going to take a look at that stuff.
I downloaded a few apps earlier and got stuck on tunewiki. I'm still stuck on tunewiki. It reminds me of the old Meedio interface I used to use for our network jukebox. I'm kind of transfixed.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #50
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Resurrection bump. Greg got an iphone, maybe he'll see this.
I found Sportacular. It totally kicks ass for scores and boxes. I love it.
Lisa and I use iemoji all day. It's definately 99 cents worth of fun.
Yep I found it Scott. Just been tied up trying to figure out the sync issue and I think I have a solution. I'll let ya know if it works.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #51
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

If you are on the road a lot, Fastfood is cool.

You can find the type of food you want with directions from your location.

You can even click on the name to phone for takeout.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #52
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Ok I have downloaded some more apps and will give them a try. I think I have solved the sync problem from outlook to iphone. I was trying to sync from my laptop to my iphone to get my calendar and my contacts. Kept getting duplicate contacts and then some of the contacts would lose one phone number (usually the mobile) in outlook. I already use gmail for my mail and google calendar (so I can sync them between laptop and desktop using google calendar sync). Went online and did some research and found a sync deal called Nuevasync that uses microsoft exchange server (so if you use an exchange server already this wont work cause the iphone only lets you have one exchange account on the phone) and set it to sync my contacts and calendar and it worked like a charm. But if you do this the best way is to upload your contacts to gmail contacts and make sure they are right. Cause when you set up the account for nuevasync it is best if you let it erase all the contacts and calendar events on the phone and then sync them from google. If anyone needs more info PM me and I will try to help you.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:56 PM   #53
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that you can use nuevasync to get push email too, but since I don't care for push (battery drain) I set it to off in the phone.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #54
floydpink
crazy diamond

Cohiba

There's been a lot of problems with the os 3.1 and a recent upgrade fixes the bug.

It was causing all kinds of problems.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #55
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Pretty sure I upgraded to that as soon as I hooked it up to Itunes when I got it home from the store. I just got mine a few days ago.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:08 PM   #56
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Just downloaded an app called ping. It's sposed to work like the blackberry messenger except for the iphone. It's 99 cents. I got it cause I only have the 200 a month text plan, cause I don't text a lot. Anyone who gets ping pm me and I will send you my ID and we can test it out.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #57
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

I pinged gainey. I am sooooo cool now. 
Posted via Mobile Device
massphatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:00 AM   #58
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
I pinged gainey. I am sooooo cool now. 
Posted via Mobile Device
Woohoo, I realized if you have the person in your contacts you can link it to ping.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:03 AM   #59
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
Woohoo, I realized if you have the person in your contacts you can link it to ping.
yeah ping is kinda cool..

other aps to look at beer pong, Face Melter (pro version is well worth it) shazam, cartoon wars is a great lil game but it gets old, paper toss is fun, espn score center, ithesaurus.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #60
floydpink
crazy diamond

Cohiba

Very basic app, but flashlight came in handy for me last weekend.

I was in a crowd and my wife was looking for me and I turned on flashlight to the neon green and waved my phone in the air, like I just didn't care, and my wife found me in seconds.

Upon reuiniting I broke out into the chorus of "reunited and it feels so good..."