Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 11-02-2008, 08:10 PM   #21
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Official College Hockey Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNSmoker View Post
The amount of penalties is still ridiculous. There were 22 penalties total in the first game, and 17 in the second game. This definitely takes away from the game and makes it difficult to watch. If these games continue down this path the entire season, I think I'm going to start watching less and less college hockey. That's pretty sad.
It has been pathetic. This is just not fun hockey to watch. At least the Gopher power play really clicked last night. NH Should be a good challenge.
Gophernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:23 AM   #22
MNSmoker
Well Adjusted

First Name: Chris
Trading: (13)
Cohiba
MNSmoker has disabled reputation

I think it's becoming a trend for the Gophers to tie on Friday night, and then win on Saturday. This is the third straight week that this has occurred, and we walk away from the weekend with 3 points again. Good to see the Gophers stay undefeated. Hopefully they take care of business next weekend against Michigan Tech and get a sweep.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:42 AM   #23
ahc4353

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
Huge fan of the ECAC as a Dartmouth alum and also a fan of Hockey East as a huge BC fan. Some of the best hockey that I have ever seen comes in the Beanpot Tournament and in the various BC/BU games.
You happen to know the hockey coach? Maybe you can put in a good word for Mitch. Big solid defensemen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNSmoker View Post
Al, how's Penn State doing this year? I remember reading on "the other site" that he made the team (congrats again BTW).
Yes he did however cracking this years lineup with 4 SR, 1 JR and 1 SO D men is a tough thing. I have told him to work hard and get ready for next year. First loss Friday night . Never should of happened as PSU shots were 72 vs Drexal's 20. Lost 3-2
Old 11-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #24
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
Yes he did however cracking this years lineup with 4 SR, 1 JR and 1 SO D men is a tough thing. I have told him to work hard and get ready for next year. First loss Friday night . Never should of happened as PSU shots were 72 vs Drexal's 20. Lost 3-2
Just shows what can happen when you run into a hot goalie! That's a bunch of saves! 70? Jeez!
Gophers #1 (according to INCH)
Old 11-11-2008, 08:59 AM   #25
Savvy
Bull Goose Loony

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (11)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Savvy will become famous soon enough

Badgers

That pretty much sums up the season so far...oh well a lot of time left. Just wish I was still living in Wisconsin so I could see a few games. I don't think anything is going to be aired here in Mississippi...
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #26
Parrotheadduff

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
huge BC fan.
Tough weekend eh.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:51 PM   #27
MNSmoker
Well Adjusted

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
Badgers

That pretty much sums up the season so far...oh well a lot of time left. Just wish I was still living in Wisconsin so I could see a few games. I don't think anything is going to be aired here in Mississippi...
You should be happy you're in Mississippi so you don't have to watch the Badgers. I'm just kidding. You're right, it's still early in the season. It doesn't matter how your team is playing now, it only matters how your team is playing in March.

To be totally hypocritical, my Gophers are playing great! Number 2 in the country according to the USA Today poll. It's been a fun season so far. I thought we'd have a pretty good squad this year, but I didn't think we'd be playing this well this early. I'm really hoping that they can continue to play well the whole season and make a couple of championship runs.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:45 AM   #28
Beer Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
Badgers

We have a young team that played some AWESOME teams in the first three weeks (B.C., Minnesota, ND). We'll be allright. Looked pretty good against Tech (who doesn't though). Next two weeks will be interesting...
Old 11-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #29
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

Diplomatico

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
Go penn state!!!
http://www.collegehockey.info/blogs/acha/poll.php

#3!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:38 PM   #30
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

Diplomatico

Gopher's new #1!!!
http://www.uscho.com/rankings/
Yet again, they tie the first game of the weekend, only to come back the next to win handily. I think this is 4 weekends in a row now. I will take it again next weekend when they travel to Denver.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:09 PM   #31
MNSmoker
Well Adjusted

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
Gopher's new #1!!!
http://www.uscho.com/rankings/
Yet again, they tie the first game of the weekend, only to come back the next to win handily. I think this is 4 weekends in a row now. I will take it again next weekend when they travel to Denver.
WOOHOO!!!

Steve, that does make it 4 weekends in a row now. It seems to be the Gophers MO this year. I think we would definitely take it this weekend in Denver. This weekend should be a fun one to watch, but I think Denver is going to be a little pissed after being swept by SCSU this past weekend. We should definitely see the best that they have to offer. I'll be quite content if we get out of there with a split.