Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
BamBam
Just Pipin'

Trading: (37)
Montecristo
BamBam will become famous soon enoughBamBam will become famous soon enough
Default ST Dupont Maxijet problem...need some owners help

I recently bought an S.T. Dupont Maxijet lighter. I used it for the first time today at my B&M.

The lighter actually came with some fuel in it as I was able to light it right out of the box. Before I went to the shop today I used some of my vector butane and filled the lighter some more, so I was sure it was full.

At the shop I used it to light a cigar and it worked great. The next cigar I used it on is when I noticed the problem. After the cigar was lit and the lighter was shut down I heard a "hissing" coming from the lighter. I also could smell some butane coming from the lighter. It was leaking butane. It was not a quiet "hissing" and was easily discernable from a foot away or so.

I though this was obviously a problem and called the retailer I bought it from. They told me that I possibly overfilled it. That being said they were more than happy to send me a new one once I sent the old one back.

At the shop I continued to use it and it continued to do the same thing, it would light, but after it was shut off it would still leak out butane.

After using it for a little while longer the problem just sort of went away. It lit probably 4-5 more cigars and didn't leak after those ones.

So I guess my question is this...

Is it possible I overfilled it with butane?

Has anyone else experienced this with this lighter?

I don't wanna send it back if it is not broken...help
BamBam is offline   Reply With Quote