Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 06-13-2013, 06:00 AM   #21
ky70
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ken
Trading: (0)
ky70 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cheap torch with BIG tank?

I didn't check the above links but I suspect this (see pics below) is one of the lighters linked. I have a couple of em for a couple of years. The tank is huge and estimate about 30 cigars can be lit from a a single full tank. Also, the single jet flame on this lighter is the strongest single flame lighter I've encountered. I have/had apprx 40 torch lighters from cheap (like this) to more moderately priced like blazer, xikar and lotus an the flame on this cheapie is one of the best I've had.

I mostly use it as home lighter because it can't tail stand (unless you use the rubber base) and its rather large for a pocket lighter. The other cool features are that you stop the lighter from lighting by twisting the collar under the ignition to the off position and you can use the lighter as an actual torch by locking the flame on for longer term use...would make a good survival/camping lighter with the large fuel tank and torch function.

ky70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #22
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

That's the one Ken! So steady and reliable for less than $3.00
Old 06-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #23
shopkins82
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
shopkins82 is on a distinguished road

Pretty sure I'm going to go with a handful of the DX 1302. I can have one per cart and a backup and then give one each to the other players in my group at the end of the trip as a gift... they don't need to know it's a $3 Chinese lighter

I'll probably go ahead and order 5 in case 1 or 2 don't work out of the box... if I end up w/ 4 out of 5 working then everyone gets one and I have one left to keep stashed in my golf bag for future use without having to remember to refuel before/after every round.
shopkins82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #24
ky70
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ken
Trading: (0)
ky70 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaase321 View Post
That's the one Ken! So steady and reliable for less than $3.00
Agreed. It's a whole lot of lighter for the money.
ky70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #25
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

1320 or 1302?
Old 06-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #26
billybarue
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (5)
billybarue has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain53 View Post
Best deal anywhere, been using one for 3 years, works great in the wind, will light anything made and holds enough fuel for a couple of months regular use. Only negative is the throttle valve is not the greatest of precision instruments. Bright orange so hard to misplace. All for under $10!

http://www.harborfreight.com/micro-torch-42099.html

Other good choices are Ronson Jet Lite for under $4 at Walmart and the Blazers for around $35 which are high quality. Jet Lite has a lower fuel capacity which might prove a negative for your needs but hell just take 2 or 3 of them to make sure you don't run out.

I got a few of those. One in the shop one on the back patio under grill. One in the garage. I have had good luck with these. I lost my blazer and don't feel like paying $40 for something I misplace all e time, so I stick to Wally World Ronsons for my walk around lighter.

Any interest in group buy of "jetline triple flame pocket torch".
http://www.vintagechiccigar.com/pock...009204aee6ac3e

I can pick up 20 for about $150. So about $7.50 each plus shipping? I'd keep 2, so 18 available. LMK.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #27
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
There is no better lighter for the money than this one IMHO.
I need no other lighters.
Thanks For The Recommendation, Brother! Mine Came In Today! Awesome Lighter!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote