Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 04-29-2010, 04:53 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Cain F550

I got this cigar from The Longfiller Company as they release these cigars on the Dutch market and they wanted me to review it. Cain, made by Oliva and Sam Leccia and the Cain F is the strongest and boldest Cain blend available. F stands for "force revined" and there are 3 sizes on the marked, a robusto called the 550 (5¾x50), a toro called 660 (6x60) and 6x54 Torpedo with the name 654T. The cigars are pure ligero and contain Esteli, Condega and Jalapa ligero. This is the review for the 550

The wrapper looks tough with one big vein, and it feels silky. The construction is good and the cigar has a mild barnyard aroma. The wrapper is quite thick and that makes the cigar hard to punch. The peppery predraw is just fine.

The first thing I notice when I light the cigar is the peppery smell of the smoke. On my palate I taste a spicy coffee, mild bitter and not very pleasant but after a few puffs it gets much better and I also get a hint of chocolate. After an inch and a half I get herbs and chocolate, the coffee is gone. The chocolate becomes the main flavor and is much stronger than in the first inch of the cigar.

Halfway the chocolate is still the dominant flavor and an earthy flavor joins the herbs. At ¾ a wood flavor and the herbs, including something minty, become the main flavors and the chocolate is just a support. At ⅔ I also get a bit of salt on the palate.

During the 1¾ hours that I enjoyed this cigar I got plenty of smoke and a great burn. This full flavored, full bodied cigar with the firm pepper & salt colored ash packs more flavor and a much better flavor vs strength balance than his bigger brother the Cain F660.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, I really liked this cigar, it is so much better than the Cain F 660

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
Old 04-29-2010, 04:57 AM   #2
tomc3084
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (26)
tomc3084 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cain F550

These are one of the strongest smokes I have ever had, but it is balanced....Do you think these are any different then the pre-releases that came in 5 pks?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:57 AM   #3
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Thanks for the review Ferdinand.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:05 AM   #4
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc3084 View Post
Do you think these are any different then the pre-releases that came in 5 pks?
I wouldn't know, never had the pre-released ones.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:19 AM   #5
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

First Name: Justin
Trading: (30)
LGC
McSmokey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc3084 View Post
These are one of the strongest smokes I have ever had, but it is balanced....Do you think these are any different then the pre-releases that came in 5 pks?
To my knowledge the the F550 is the same exact cigar as the pre-release just with a band.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:15 AM   #6
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough

Great review. (I think I should just change my signature to that )

I really like the fact that this Cain has a dominant chocolate/coffee undertone. I tend to favor that in my cigars.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:06 AM   #7
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Thanks for the review Ferdie.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:13 AM   #8
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

As I look at the pics - that is one perfect looking burning cigar.