Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-06-2010, 06:25 AM   #21
Tredegar
Sing along with me

Trading: (9)
Tredegar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Padron 1964 Anniversary Monarca Maduro

After reading your post I had it in my mind to try one of these. When the opportunity top hit my local B & M with my nephew I took it. I also treated my nephew to one of these and we both had a wonderful time kicking back, watching The Sopranos and CSI: Miami while enjoying these fab smokes. He never had a premium cigar before and was really digging it. Thanks for the recommendation.
Tredegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #22
tomc3084
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (26)
tomc3084 is on a distinguished road

Where's the review? I'd like to know what you guys thought of it?
Old 05-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #23
MikeyRocks
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Mike
Trading: (0)
Partagas
MikeyRocks is on a distinguished road

I first tried the Exclusivo when a local B&M made a mistake and priced them for $6 each. After I smoked it, I immediately went back hoping they were still priced incorrectly, unfortunately they caught on...

Bought a box of the Principe, they're a little pricey but worth every penny. They are without a doubt constructed to perfection. I smoked the whole thing and the ash only broke twice, both times the ash was about an inch long, maybe longer. One of my favorite cigars...
MikeyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #24
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I had another '64 Monarca Maduro today on the way to Ohio. It lasted for 100 miles and was excellent from start to finish.
The last two inches of this cigar were out of this world. If I have ever had a cigar that finished like this one, I sure can't remember it. The frontside of this stick was a lot sweeter and champagne tasting than normal, and it was a lot less spicy than I'm used to from Padron. It was a lot like a Hemingway maduro for a long time, only fuller.
It was smooth as a baby's ass, so smooth that I could inhale a huge draw and couldn't even tell I'd inhaled it. I very seldom inhale a cigar, and it has to be really good for me to even consider it. I find that I can pick up even more flavors and more "experience" when I do, but it's not often that it's even possible. I French inhaled lots of this smoke and had a lot of fun messing around with it.
I only tossed it out the window when I had about half an inch left. I'd gotten tired of burning myself and knew it'd go out soon from all the slobber. If I had any nads, I would have ate the roach. It was certainly good enough to eat, and it crossed my mind, cause I'm gross.
I sure wish Padron could produce chewing tobacco from this line of tobacco. I don't think I'd ever chew anything else. I'm sure it would be incredible.
This particular cigar was from a fiver that Todd (Revsmoke) sent to me. Were it not for the fact that I traded him for some Litto stuff, I'd say he got the short end of the stick.
I really think I could just smoke these, Anejos and Litto's for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy, but I'm glad I don't have to.
Thanks, Todd!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #25
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I had another '64 Monarca Maduro today on the way to Ohio. It lasted for 100 miles and was excellent from start to finish.
The last two inches of this cigar were out of this world. If I have ever had a cigar that finished like this one, I sure can't remember it. The frontside of this stick was a lot sweeter and champagne tasting than normal, and it was a lot less spicy than I'm used to from Padron. It was a lot like a Hemingway maduro for a long time, only fuller.
It was smooth as a baby's ass, so smooth that I could inhale a huge draw and couldn't even tell I'd inhaled it. I very seldom inhale a cigar, and it has to be really good for me to even consider it. I find that I can pick up even more flavors and more "experience" when I do, but it's not often that it's even possible. I French inhaled lots of this smoke and had a lot of fun messing around with it.
I only tossed it out the window when I had about half an inch left. I'd gotten tired of burning myself and knew it'd go out soon from all the slobber. If I had any nads, I would have ate the roach. It was certainly good enough to eat, and it crossed my mind, cause I'm gross.I sure wish Padron could produce chewing tobacco from this line of tobacco. I don't think I'd ever chew anything else. I'm sure it would be incredible.
This particular cigar was from a fiver that Todd (Revsmoke) sent to me. Were it not for the fact that I traded him for some Litto stuff, I'd say he got the short end of the stick.
I really think I could just smoke these, Anejos and Litto's for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy, but I'm glad I don't have to.
Thanks, Todd!!!
BEST.REVIEW.EVER
Old 05-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #26
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Too funny Scott!!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #27
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
I only tossed it out the window when I had about half an inch left. I'd gotten tired of burning myself and knew it'd go out soon from all the slobber. If I had any nads, I would have ate the roach. It was certainly good enough to eat, and it crossed my mind, cause I'm gross.
I sure wish Padron could produce chewing tobacco from this line of tobacco. I don't think I'd ever chew anything else. I'm sure it would be incredible.
Thanks, Todd!!!
Glad you enjoyed the stick. Those Monarcas have been in my humidor since March of 07, they are prime and smoking fine! The Principes are a year older, exactly. They are also smoking extremely well.

I think I'd also have to add some Oliva Vs to that list of things I'd be happy smoking the rest of my life.

You are welcome.

As for you, thanks for turning me onto the Littos, I have had a few enjoyable sticks from the stuff you sent to me earlier, haven't touched any from the last batch quite yet, though.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:42 AM   #28
darkninja67

Quote:
It was smooth as a baby's ass, so smooth that I could inhale a huge draw and couldn't even tell I'd inhaled it.
Yesterday, I told a co-worker that 1964s are so smooth you could inhale one without losing your lunch. I do not inhale personally though. Good impressions Scott.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #29
Onward James

A friend sent me a gift box of Padron cigars. And I enjoyed the different sizes. The 1964 Anniversay series box-pressed Maduro Corona was smooth with a cup of coffee, while I banged away on the keyboard posting more satirical pieces on my international weblog. If your are interested in the macrocosm, foreign affairs, or microcosm, the streets just google my name Edmund Onward James.

Last edited by Onward James; 05-08-2010 at 10:23 AM.