Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about
Default Dan Tobacco: Sweet Vanilla Honeydew

I got a couple tins of this in recently, I should have ordered more.

I decided I needed to dive into some of my new baccy, and I was in the mood for something sweet. I popped open the tin and was greeted by a delicious tin scent. It almost smelled like strawberries (althought he baccy didn't taste like that at all).

It is golden virginia lightly topped with a sweet vanilla.

I Loaded/Filled (NOT packed) my new Savinelli Roma to the brim. It is somewhere between a ready rubbed and a ribbon. Had a good moisture content, but wasn't wet at all.

I didn't get much flavor right at first, but after about 5-10 minutes or so it picked up nicely.
You could taste the natural sweetness of the virginias (and the VA flavor held out all the way down). And then, in addition to that, there was also a nice sweet, not overpowering vanilla flavor. For reference, if the vanilla presence in MB Vanilla Cream is a 6, this is a 3-4.

and then for the honeydew, I did not taste this while smoking, but I took a few draws after it had gone out (as I set it down a few times to do other things) and there was a definite honeydew melon taste, it was quite interesting.

All in all, I really enjoyed this tobacco. I smoked it all the way down to the bottom of the bowl. I read on tobaccoreviews that a lot of people had issues with tongue bite. I did not experience any at all, but I wasn't smoking fast. Just a nice relaxed pace, it never got hot, and it lit and stayed lit very easily.

If you like aros, or sweet VAs, I'd recommend this to you. I give it an 9/10. (again, for reference, I'd give MB Vanilla Cream Flake a 6.5-7/10).
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote