Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 05-08-2015, 02:45 PM   #41
mhailey
Splitter of Hairs

First Name: Matt
Trading: (21)
mhailey has a spectacular aura aboutmhailey has a spectacular aura aboutmhailey has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I say chop his ****ing head off. Would that satisfy all the non-Patriot fans?
Not if he still has his deflated balls to play with?
Old 05-08-2015, 02:53 PM   #42
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
I say leave the head alone. Just cut balls. Poor Giselle.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:26 PM   #43
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Old 05-08-2015, 03:28 PM   #44
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why can't we all just get along?
WHAT ABOUT THE STARVING BABY SELAS!?!?!
Old 05-08-2015, 03:45 PM   #45
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
WHAT ABOUT THE STARVING BABY SELAS!?!?!
No worries. Tom and Giselle can make capes of their pelts.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:46 PM   #46
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Is baby Selas any relation to Monica Seles?
Old 05-08-2015, 04:08 PM   #47
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

New York Daily News (they are a real paper right? ) is saying that Brady is going to be suspended and it will be announced next week. I'd take that with a big ol' grain of salt though, not like a NY paper would stir the pot on Brady...right?
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:40 PM   #48
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Three points here to address.

First, I don't like A-Rod, and won't defend him, beyond saying that giving him 3X the punishment meted out to those who DID fail a PED test when he DID NOT seemed extreme, especially when this punishment was largely based upon the testimony of a confessed criminal who offered his testimony to ameliorate his own punishment by throwing A-Rod under the bus. But to accuse the NFL of going after Brady because he is a Patriot while simultaneously applauding MLB for going after A-Rod because he is a Yankee is specious nonsense, especially in light of the fact that A-Rod's only truly documented violation of PED use occurred when he was a Ranger, not a Yankee.

Second, no one in their right mind would put A-Rod's reputation on the same plane as Jeter's. Such would be nearly as foolish as was the 2006 assertions by Red Sox fans that Papelbom was a better closer than Rivera.

Lastly, be it offered jokingly or not, the threat of a violent unsportsmanlike reaction by Pats fans the next time the Colts visit Gillette is disturbing. However, given a history of such actions in Boston venues in the past, such a warning is not surprising in the least. Admittedly, Boston fans are not alone in this, but they certainly have an established track record of bad behavior.
Papelbon isn't even as good a human being as Mo, few are; another class act. I wasn't threatening anything; I was just pointing out what is already well known: Boston fans are insane and now they're pissed-off. Up here, sports are like war.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:52 PM   #49
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

I think aroid blew it when he was screaming how innocent he was and how he was going to sue "the **** out of" MLB... that's would seem to have made things a wee bit worse for him.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:59 PM   #50
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
Papelbon isn't even as good a human being as Mo, few are; another class act. I wasn't threatening anything; I was just pointing out what is already well known: Boston fans are insane and now they're pissed-off. Up here, sports are like war.
Darren, my friend, I did not in any way think you were uttering threats, and understood you referred to that certain nutbag segment of fans who can embarrass any franchise, from the pros down to T-ball. And I appreciate your honesty and candor as expressed here.

Well it's not quite as bad a problem here in the NYC area, despite the fact that we have more nuts and drunks than do most places. Perhaps it is because the 9 pro teams in the 4 major sports so split loyalties as to water it down somewhat, or perhaps it is because we are so jaundiced we just don't give a $#!+.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:03 PM   #51
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhailey View Post
...OJ Simpson was acquitted criminally because the standard was "beyond a reasonable doubt" but was found guilty civilly because the standard was "preponderance of the evidence" (or "more likely than not").
At least the prosecutors in the O.J. case HAD evidence; The NFL doesn't. Furthermore, in a court of law, BOTH sides get to present evidence to an impartial jury or judge. The NFL was not REMOTELY impartial. The NFL ignored the science. Hell, we did the math right here on the Asylum and the math shows that it WAS the temperature that accounted for the pressure discrepancy. If WE can find it, then the NFL must have ignored it. Also, what about the under-inflated Indianapolis game balls? Three of their four were under-inflated. Oh yeah, That's right, nevermind.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:14 PM   #52
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
I think aroid blew it when he was screaming how innocent he was and how he was going to sue "the **** out of" MLB... that's would seem to have made things a wee bit worse for him.
You maybe expect wisdom out of his mouth? Remember this?

"Jeter's been blessed with great talent around him," Alex says. "He's never had to lead. He can just go and play and have fun. And he hits second—that's totally different than third and fourth in a lineup. You go into New York, you wanna stop Bernie and O'Neill. You never say, Don't let Derek beat you. He's never your concern."

Every Yankee fan does, fer shizzle. But back on topic, I've heard some damn dumb things come out of Tom Brady's maw too.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:02 PM   #53
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Darren, my friend, I did not in any way think you were uttering threats, and understood you referred to that certain nutbag segment of fans who can embarrass any franchise, from the pros down to T-ball. And I appreciate your honesty and candor as expressed here.

Well it's not quite as bad a problem here in the NYC area, despite the fact that we have more nuts and drunks than do most places. Perhaps it is because the 9 pro teams in the 4 major sports so split loyalties as to water it down somewhat, or perhaps it is because we are so jaundiced we just don't give a $#!+.
It's all good, Thomas. We know we're psycho. I suppose sports is the only thing Bostonians can agree on; otherwise we'd kill each other. We get a little cranky.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:42 AM   #54
badbriar

Cheating is cheating - period. The excuse by those at the top that they didn't know is a weak attempt to avoid responsibility. The owners, manager and QB need to man-up and take responsibility rather than slither away and let the worker bees take the heat. This goes for any team, any sport. It is very unlikely that the equipment guys did the deflating on their own. Sad that fans will support cheaters at all costs and minimize any wrong-doing. IMHO, this seriously tarnishes the status of a Super Bowl.
In many other sports, cheating of any kind can and does negate a win. Armstrong won by cheating and was stripped of his medals. In the Olympics, cheaters are stripped of medals. Why not the NFL? My fav teams are Denver and Tampa Bay, but if they cheated, they would deserve to be stripped of the win. Nobody should be exempted. My
Old 05-09-2015, 09:18 AM   #55
AdamJoshua

Marshall Faulk brought up a couple good points when he was interviewed on a local radio station, it's almost not fair this all falls on Brady because every QB knows how they want the football including PSI, how the ball is a scruffed up, etc., It's when news hits outside the NFL things become issues, like the Saints and all the suspensions for things every team has done, it was just never public so they paid the price. He said a lot of QBs were upset that Brady played stupid like he knew nothing about the footballs even in general, not just the PSI, he lost a lot of league support with that line of defense. He also said he can't see the NFL suspending Brady because the Pats open the season Thursday night and Brady the Super Bowl MVP is the star attraction, never say never but it was really start the season with a let down for the fans and make the NFL look silly.

I don't know if I agree with the last point, but a lot of what he said made sense.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:35 AM   #56
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

When I joined the Asylum, I was told there would be no math.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:37 AM   #57
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
When I joined the Asylum, I was told there would be no math.
+1
Old 05-09-2015, 10:43 AM   #58
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
+1
I see what you did there.

Must have been the temperature.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:03 AM   #59
JohnnyFlake
Just an old Wiseguy!

First Name: John
Trading: (18)
HUpmann Army
JohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Marshall Faulk brought up a couple good points when he was interviewed on a local radio station, it's almost not fair this all falls on Brady because every QB knows how they want the football including PSI, how the ball is a scruffed up, etc., It's when news hits outside the NFL things become issues, like the Saints and all the suspensions for things every team has done, it was just never public so they paid the price. He said a lot of QBs were upset that Brady played stupid like he knew nothing about the footballs even in general, not just the PSI, he lost a lot of league support with that line of defense. He also said he can't see the NFL suspending Brady because the Pats open the season Thursday night and Brady the Super Bowl MVP is the star attraction, never say never but it was really start the season with a let down for the fans and make the NFL look silly.

I don't know if I agree with the last point, but a lot of what he said made sense.
I doubt seriously, that it would make the NFL look silly. I think there is a strong chance, it will give the message that the NFL will not tolerate the Star Player B.S. anymore!!!
Old 05-09-2015, 11:06 AM   #60
AdamJoshua

Yes, I agree, it could go either way though. In this entire situation Brady refusing to turn over his phone or give them access to his texts is the only really damning thing to him personally. I would have said that I have noods of my wife on there and I don't want to delete them and you aren't going to see them.