Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-29-2014, 07:53 AM   #41
CoffeeWaterBeer
Critiquing Perique

First Name: Seth
Trading: (13)
Partagas
CoffeeWaterBeer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Reasons to hate cold weather

The poor kids will be going to school until mid-July
CoffeeWaterBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:57 AM   #42
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

and people wonder why I live in rainy Oregon. It's because we don't get Georgia weather!

http://www.weather.gov/
Old 01-29-2014, 09:10 AM   #43
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Bunch of whiners. Man up.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:27 AM   #44
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I keep two whole house humidifiers running all winter long. I have to fill the jugs that go in them most every day. If it weren't for them, I'd dry up and turn into a pork rind.
I used to hate winter with a white-hot intensity. Now I just ignore it so I don't snap.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:44 AM   #45
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Woke up to find this...6+ inches. For an area that usually gets a few inches every third year...
That's what she said, Mac.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:46 AM   #46
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
That's what she said, Mac.
I'm just glad he uploaded the wrong pictures... these ones are just of his house
Old 01-29-2014, 09:56 AM   #47
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

They are saying it's a good possibility for sleet in NE Florida north of Interstate 10. Want to guess where I'm at? I know sleet with flurries isn't a big deal to the snowmen here, but for Florida it's a nightmare, because the temps are only in the mid 30s now as soon as the sun goes down it will freeze pretty quickly and all the idiot drivers will still drive 85+ miles an hour and the roads are possibly going to have a sheet of ice on them.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #48
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

It happened in 1989 and it was cars in the ditch every 7 feet.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:22 AM   #49
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Here's to hoping you don't end up in a ditch, Greg
Old 01-29-2014, 10:32 AM   #50
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
Here's to hoping you don't end up in a ditch, Greg
haha Ben. but I shall not be out driving in it, I guess I should have clarified and said "the other idiots"
Old 01-29-2014, 11:49 AM   #51
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

Damn global warming!
Old 01-29-2014, 01:19 PM   #52
TFed
Hetman

First Name: Terry
Trading: (0)
TFed is on a distinguished road

Don't hate it. Embrace it.

I love bundling up and sitting outside in the winter with a good cigar as long as it isnt much below zero. Last Saturday night 1am, my son in law and I sat out on his enclosed but unheated porch, 3 below, smoking for an hour, then went for a short walk while we finished off our smokes.
Very cold, but the brandy helped. ��
TFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:32 PM   #53
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Old 01-29-2014, 02:52 PM   #54
Heavy_d
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derek
Trading: (1)
Heavy_d will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
When did you come take a pic of my car?
Old 01-29-2014, 03:18 PM   #55
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFed View Post
Don't hate it. Embrace it.
I'd love to embrace it, my two hands firmly embracing it's evil neck.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #56
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I love how the extremists in the "Global Warming" camp are saying that Global Warming is responsible for the Polar Vortex and the arctic temperatures. Rain or drought, hot or cold, humid or dry, Hell, locusts or killer bees, the Global Warming people will somehow say it's due to this.
Global warming is the modern boogieman. Had a bad day at work? Global warming! Get pulled over for speeding? Global warming!

But don't you know that there have been warmer times in our recent history? Blah blah blah CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!! Global warming!!!!

One volcano eruption puts more CO2 into the atmosphere than all the major cities of the world COMBINED! Don't you think..............AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! SHUT UP GLOBAL WARMING CAUSES ALL OUR PROBLEMS!!!!

Surface temps cannot be measured accurately without full cooperation from all world governments to get such data would cost billions to do, not to mention that a long terms study would have to be done for at least 100 years costing billions every single year and the latest satellites tell us that atmospheric temps are actually down indicating a cooling period and that is the cheapest and most accurate way to measure temps globally.......AL GORE GLOBAL WARMING AL GORE GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #57
GWN
Snow City

First Name: Jeff
Bolivar
GWN will become famous soon enoughGWN will become famous soon enough

My FIL is a man of few words, but he sums up my feelings toward winter beautifully in this frame:

Though I will admit, it does offer a few benefits:

And it does make it easier to sell my wife on trips such as this:

Old 01-29-2014, 04:47 PM   #58
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'd love to embrace it, my two hands firmly embracing it's evil neck.
"Love"!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:01 PM   #59
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceolee View Post
Global warming is the modern boogieman. Had a bad day at work? Global warming! Get pulled over for speeding? Global warming!

But don't you know that there have been warmer times in our recent history? Blah blah blah CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!! Global warming!!!!

One volcano eruption puts more CO2 into the atmosphere than all the major cities of the world COMBINED! Don't you think..............AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! SHUT UP GLOBAL WARMING CAUSES ALL OUR PROBLEMS!!!!

Surface temps cannot be measured accurately without full cooperation from all world governments to get such data would cost billions to do, not to mention that a long terms study would have to be done for at least 100 years costing billions every single year and the latest satellites tell us that atmospheric temps are actually down indicating a cooling period and that is the cheapest and most accurate way to measure temps globally.......AL GORE GLOBAL WARMING AL GORE GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And another thing, we only just emerged from the "Mini Ice-Age" in the 1830's, or so. Wouldn't one expect to get warmer when emerging from an ice-age? Oh yeah! If we are getting warmer, then warmer than what? In what year was our climate theoretically correct? They tell us that our climate is "abnormal" (my word); was there a time, a year that it was "normal"? If not, then there isn't any normal at all and thus there cannot be any abnormal.
Note that they call it climate change, now. Like it's gonna do anything else.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:21 PM   #60
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Since last night and still holding strong today, we have ice everywhere! Everything is covered in ice with a nice powdering of snow and sleet. Low 20s tonight so it's going nowhere. This is the edge of America and we don't suppose to have things like this. I bet half my folks call out tomorrow because daycares and schools are still closed. I am playing golf Sat and Mon though, suppose to be in the mid-60s both days. Can't freaking wait!