Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 10-08-2009, 08:14 PM   #61
ade06
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ade
Trading: (24)
Trinidad
ade06 will become famous soon enoughade06 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: P90X Workout

Well, my wife said she would do it if I did...
ade06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:35 AM   #62
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade06 View Post
I haven't bought anything... yet. Thanks for the tips about the beachbody items. 90 minutes of exercise seems like a longgggg time. How bout a nice easy 9 minute routine.
Yoga X days are the biggest time commitment, and the first 45 minutes seems like it goes on for freakin' hours as Jesse points out, but the second half of the workout is balance postures so it's a bit more sedate. If I'm running short on time, I just do the first half.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #63
ade06
Have My Own Room

Trinidad

Ok... just ordered the dvds and equipment. I'm guessing we'll (wife and me) will start within the next few weeks. Wish me luck.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #64
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough

Congrats brother, make sure when you get the disks sit down and watch them it will help with the transitions between sets. Also give you an idea of what to expect. DO NOT LET IT DISCOURAGE YOU! like tony said you gotta bring it each and every workout no matter how tired you are, if you do that you will feel awesome after each workout. I am 1 week in so far and have increased my flexibility substantially, dropped 5 lbs of fat and have gained strength already. make sure you stick to the nutrition plan to a T and dont skimp because you need all the energy you can get.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #65
ade06
Have My Own Room

Trinidad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poronico View Post
Congrats brother, make sure when you get the disks sit down and watch them it will help with the transitions between sets. Also give you an idea of what to expect. DO NOT LET IT DISCOURAGE YOU! like tony said you gotta bring it each and every workout no matter how tired you are, if you do that you will feel awesome after each workout. I am 1 week in so far and have increased my flexibility substantially, dropped 5 lbs of fat and have gained strength already. make sure you stick to the nutrition plan to a T and dont skimp because you need all the energy you can get.
Thanks!!! Since I haven't worked out in years… in preparation of P90x's arrival (and me not wanting to punk out), last night I did a 45 minute total body exercise download from exercise tv. I wanted to quit after 10 minutes, but I didn't, and today I can barely walk (I hate squats). I'm planning on doing some type of similar mini routine every other day until P90x arrives and we start. I've been playing around with our newly acquired chin-up bar and I can do a whooping 3 (my wife can't do a full one yet, but can do 10 real push-ups). This is going to suck very much! Oh well, I shouldn't have gotten so out of shape.

Question, are you guys smoking cigars during the 90 day exercise marathon? What about drinking booze?
Old 10-13-2009, 09:39 AM   #66
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade06 View Post
Question, are you guys smoking cigars during the 90 day exercise marathon? What about drinking booze?
Yes, although I don't typically have much time to smoke during the week, and I've cut my beer consumption to strictly weekends. I count beer as a carbs on the nutrition plan (although, it's not technically a healthy carb )

Old 10-13-2009, 10:30 AM   #67
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

I have cut out all alcohol because with the sugars and carbs the way they work out for me a good beer sets me back like 3 days of workout... so not really worth it to me, and with as much as I am sweating and trying to replace with water it will dehydrate you quickly and make it harder for you to work out. I am still smoking cigars though with no problems there.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:40 PM   #68
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

quick update, first week down with a loss of 5 lbs, I just got done with my second workout this week, and wow what i difference a week makes! I can do full reps + 5-8 extra compaired to the vid since I am doing lean to start with. My flexibility has improved drastically as well as my endurance. I can clear a whole vid with only breaks the video alots no more pausing and grabbing water 2-3times per vid. I love when things come together the way they are supposed to.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #69
maverickdrinker
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: art
Trading: (15)
Cohiba
maverickdrinker will become famous soon enoughmaverickdrinker will become famous soon enough

going to start it this evening. Gonna try the cardio, stretch, yoga and plyometrics to start as I need to get my flexibility up.
maverickdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:12 PM   #70
ade06
Have My Own Room

Trinidad

Keep up the good work!
Old 10-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #71
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickdrinker View Post
going to start it this evening. Gonna try the cardio, stretch, yoga and plyometrics to start as I need to get my flexibility up.
If you need the actual plan I can get it for you, I would highly recommend sticking with the program as it is drawn out to see the best results. Especially the meal plan.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #72
maverickdrinker
I'm nuts for the place

Cohiba
maverickdrinker will become famous soon enoughmaverickdrinker will become famous soon enough

Day 1 completed. Just finished the core synergetics. I have to admit that it kicked my ass. Great workout though. Now, if I could only resist food, things would be ok.

My game plan is to do the first week to get used to it and start the diet part next week.

I am going to do the lean program. Diet to start after my conference. Liking it so far, even though it is a little humbling.

Look out Cuba, here I come.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:45 PM   #73
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poronico View Post
If you need the actual plan I can get it for you, I would highly recommend sticking with the program as it is drawn out to see the best results. Especially the meal plan.
Flexibility, strength, weight loss--all these things come from using the program as it's designed. I would suggest picking the Classic or Lean route and sticking with it for the 90 days. You'll be shocked at how flexible you become.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:44 PM   #74
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickdrinker View Post
Day 1 completed. Just finished the core synergetics. I have to admit that it kicked my ass. Great workout though. Now, if I could only resist food, things would be ok.

My game plan is to do the first week to get used to it and start the diet part next week.

I am going to do the lean program. Diet to start after my conference. Liking it so far, even though it is a little humbling.

Look out Cuba, here I come.
Not sticking to the diet could be a bad idea, these are intense workouts and if you aren't bringing in the right foods you will crash. Its a bad way to start a workout routine that is going to last a while because you will feel more exhausted than if you are bringing in the right nutrition and it could make you think twice about finishing the program.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:41 PM   #75
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

Here is an excellent spreadsheet to track your progress if your doing the classic version of the program. I print out the sheets and write down all the reps during the workout and then type them in later. It's also nice to be see your progress each week through out the 90 days.
P90X Spreadsheet

I didn't create this, I got it off this forum. http://www.weightloss-hq.biz/weight-...x-forum-2.html
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #76
maverickdrinker
I'm nuts for the place

Cohiba

Thanks man,

This is helpful. Will be getting ready to do the cardio soon.....
Old 10-15-2009, 01:46 AM   #77
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

Just finished my night workout, Arms and Shoulders with a side order of Ab ripper X... that is the hardest 15 minutes of my life lol I can barely stand in the shower after doing the ab ripper with another workout.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:07 AM   #78
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

Yep, it's a killer 15 minutes--wait until you feel those hip flexors tomorrow! I couldn't complete the entire Ab Ripper workout without taking breaks until nearly the end of the 90 days. For some of the exercises I was only doing 10-15 reps. I've just now gotten to the point where I can do all 50 Mason Twists with my legs off the ground. Fifer Scissors still gives me problems, especially on Legs & Back day.

You know what's the best thing about the recovery weeks? NO AB RIPPER!

Old 10-15-2009, 10:38 AM   #79
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
Yep, it's a killer 15 minutes--wait until you feel those hip flexors tomorrow! I couldn't complete the entire Ab Ripper workout without taking breaks until nearly the end of the 90 days. For some of the exercises I was only doing 10-15 reps. I've just now gotten to the point where I can do all 50 Mason Twists with my legs off the ground. Fifer Scissors still gives me problems, especially on Legs & Back day.

You know what's the best thing about the recovery weeks? NO AB RIPPER!
I don't know what happened to me lol, I remember when I was in highschool doing mason twists with a 60 lb barbell and not having a problem, I did them last night and my muscles felt like someone hit them with a taser after I was finished.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:07 PM   #80
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

Who said eating right had to suck?
Steak and spinach leaf salad with hand crafted balsamic vinaigrette