Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-24-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
bilkay
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (3)
bilkay is on a distinguished road
Default My New Favorite- Padilla Signature 1932

A few months back I bought one of the Padilla Signature 1932 20 cigar samplers from CI- robusto, toro, torpedo, and churchill. I'm a big fan of Nicaraguan cigars, and especially Pepin blends. I'm not sure if this one started out as a DPG blend or not. Anyway, the 1932 is earthy and sweet, with more depth of flavor than many other Nicaraguans I've smoked. I don't know how else to put it. It just tastes like there's a lot more going on with this cigar- complexity? I liked the sampler so much, I bought two more and I also bought a box of the Lanceros. And since I'm running low, I'm on the lookout for more, either full boxes on CigarBid or I'll get some more of the samplers from CI.

I'm not the greatest reviewer (obviously) but I know what I like.

A list of my favorites might put the 1932 in perspective- Tatuaje brown label (Regios and Cojonu topping the list but I've liked every Tat brown I've smoked), 601 green, red, and blue (in that order), DPG blue and black (I like 'em all except the small ring gauges), Padilla Miami, and Illusione cigars.

If you like the Nicaraguans and haven't tried the Padilla Signature 1932, you need to grab a couple. Boxes.
bilkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: My New Favorite- Padilla Signature 1932

I could have written the exact same post... They are one of my favorite NCs bar none!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
Pilon
Feelin' the Love

First Name: Travis
Trading: (49)
Bolivar
Pilon will become famous soon enough

just got one in the mail today from Spitnchew, cant wait
Pilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #4
bookman

very nice stick. I've only had the lancero, but you are, correct, sir!
Old 09-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #5
WyGuy
Boiler Up!

First Name: Mike
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
WyGuy will become famous soon enoughWyGuy will become famous soon enough

One of my current favorites! Keep on an eye on CBID and you can pick up a box at a great price.
WyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #6
bilkay
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (3)
bilkay is on a distinguished road
Default A Couple More Notes

I'm in the last third of a toro right now (the toro and the churchill are probably my favorites of the bunch). I've been through a few boxes worth of these Padillas, and they're very consistent. They start out rather mild, with a sweetness up front, along with the earthiness and perhaps a little nutty flavor. I really like that the sweetness predominates. The flavors intensify throughout, and a sharpness develops, which makes it an even more interesting cigar. The sharpness is not like the pepper you get from a DPG blue or black, or a Tatuaje brown. It's less in your face. And the 1932 is more complex overall than the DPG blues, but I find a similarity in the sweetness of the DPG blue and the Padilla 1932. The Tat browns are a different animal entirely.

I'm really blown away by these Padilla cigars.

Having said all that, I do have one complaint- the burn is not as even as I'd like, especially with the Torpedoes, but also with the toros (I have to admit that my cooler has been hovering at 67% - 68% RH lately, which may have some impact, but even when it was at a steady 65% I still had burn issues). I corrected the burn three times on this toro tonight- major corrections because I always hope against hope that these things are going to fix themselves. However, it's a small price to pay for enjoying such a great cigar.

Maybe the best thing about the Padilla Signature 1932 is the price at which they can be purchased. The sampler from CI is a GREAT deal at $85 for twenty cigars, and the box price of around $100 on CBid is also terrific! Let's hope we can always find these cigars at such bargain basement prices. For my money, the Padilla 1932 ranks right up there with the Tatuaje brown label cigars.
bilkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #7
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Sitting in a few of these...got to revisit them. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #8
njstone

I love the 1932. One of my most-smoked cigars in the last few months. Always satisfying.