Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 11-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default Firefly: Browncoats Unite!

So, did anyone catch this tonight? What'd ya'll think?

Shiny, right?
Old 11-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
JohnRogers
I Still Ash On My Self

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
AirForce (Active)
JohnRogers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Firefly: Browncoats Unite!

Nah, I missed it being overseas. What was it, just a marathon of episodes? Any news?

"that hat makes you look like an idiot"
Old 11-12-2012, 01:27 AM   #3
mariogolbee

I don't get that channel.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #4
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

They had the series marathon on all day, followed by a one hour show that brought the cast back together to talk about the series 10 years later, along with clips from the comic-con 10 year anniversary panel.

It was quite good.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:48 AM   #5
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&h...uls&nomobile=1
Old 11-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
xFreebirdx
Patriot Guard Rider

First Name: Eddie
Trading: (2)
Cohiba Army (Served With Honor)
xFreebirdx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
Thank you for sharing that. I did not get to see the browncoats unite.
Veteran: ★US ARMY 78 - 81★.......★Patriot Guard Rider ID#45266 07/06/06★
xFreebirdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
mariogolbee

Sadly, I didn't fall in love with this series until last year. But when I fell, I fell hard. I can't claim to be a Browncoat, since I had no hand in trying to save the show, but I would have been if I had only known. I do have to thank the Browncoats out there. THEY got us the film, and for that I'm grateful.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #8
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

There is still a growing movement to get it back up on the air. Take up the Browncoats cause against the Alliance!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #9
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
There is still a growing movement to get it back up on the air. Take up the Browncoats cause against the Alliance!
Really? They already killed off 2 main characters, and resolved the major story arc with Serenity. I signed all the petitions and wrote E-mails to keep it on the air back when it was cut, but after the movie I'm not sure I want to see what it would look like back on the air.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #10
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
Really? They already killed off 2 main characters, and resolved the major story arc with Serenity. I signed all the petitions and wrote E-mails to keep it on the air back when it was cut, but after the movie I'm not sure I want to see what it would look like back on the air.
Yeah, with wash and Book gone it would have a large hole to fill.

But I'd still love to see it. Even if they did another movie, that would be awesome.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #11
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

was a good show, but Whedon has said he is not interested in continuing the series
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #12
BlindedByScience
Proud USMC Dad

First Name: Tom
BlindedByScience will become famous soon enough

Hot rumor is that Whedon is one of the names being tossed around to direct at least one of the new Star Wars trilogy that Disney is going to make. If that's true, Joss is going to be one busy guy.....
Old 11-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #13
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

you think they will let him do that while making the next avengers movie and tv series?
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #14
Robulous78

I think the TV show was pretty good and the movie was even better... I have to agree with Isaiah though... with 2 characters gone it would be hard to pick it back up and make something meaningful from it... maybe if they added 2 new characters that fill those voids... but Wash's character was so unique he left some large comedic shoes to fill...
Old 11-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #15
JohnRogers
I Still Ash On My Self

First Name: John
AirForce (Active)
JohnRogers is on a distinguished road

I came onboard late as well sort of. I watched Train Job when it aired on FOX; I’m a big fan of Space Above and Beyond and the original Battlestar Galactica. So I gave this Firefly a shot. I thought Train Job was stupid and never looked back. I’m not sure why but on a deployment eight years ago I bought the DVD set and started from the beginning. Oh my “Brilliant” I thought. I even really enjoyed Train Job. A couple of years later and another deployment I hear of Serenity. It would it be at a B-Movie house for only few days more upon my return to the USA. Straight from the airport after 20 hours in flight I demanded to be taken to see Serenity.

I keep an extra DVD set to loan out to friends they all become Browncoats.

Anything I ever heard from Joss is he wants to do more Firefly/Serenity. Perhaps after another big hit or two he can start writing his own checks doing whatever he wants. As for Wash and Book there is plenty of adventure before the Serenity movie I’d watch. Joss Whedon and that damn fine cast would make it worth watching.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #16
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

hah, just picked up firefly on bluray for $12.99 on amazon today. I had the DVD, but needed the spanish dub available on the bluray - time to convert a few more browncoats!

Joss is on a 3 year contract with Marvel right now... I guess that would get him out in time to do the third star wars movie... MAYBE the second, depending on the timing of things. Assuming marvel doesn't scoop him up for another contract... which, you know, I don't mind too much since he knocked the avengers out of the park... but him knocking a star wars out of the park sounds long overdue too...

All that said, I'd love to see more firefly... but it would be tricky. You can go into prequel mode and use all the cast... or you can try and add new cast members. Problem is, the more fanatical and loyal your fans are, the more critical they are of anything that violates sacred canon. Especially when that canon is only comprised of say, 14 eps and a movie. So any new characters that come in to the show will have a very difficult time establishing their own unique traction with fans who will constantly compare them to the shoes they can never fill.