Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #221
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Walking Dead Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerb View Post
Yeah, I saw Merle in the sneak peak for next episode.
There was another preview of next week's episode during Hell on Wheels. In this preview Daryl is riding a horse and it gets spooked by a rattle snake. He gets thrown from the horse and goes down a stone embankment to a stream. When he goes to get up it looks like he has an arrow or a branch through his leg.

My guess is he ends up in the stream for a while bleeding and starts hallucinating. One of the things he sees will end up being Merle I bet.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #222
w squared

Just watched episode 4. I liked the curve ball of the farmer's daughter - but I agree with the absurdity of the Zombie in the well. There's no way that any sane person would drink out of that well after the walker was in it anyways = alive, dead, shot, ripped apart, or otherwise. Fill it in with rocks, get rid of the pump, and call it good.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #223
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I enjoyed the episode, I think Shane is too disgusting to even watch act, such a liar, but hey, it's
the apocolypse, you're gonna get some Bull5hi+ now and again. I agree it's hard not to think the little girl
has been zombiefied after the knowing looks exchanged over the mapping session. I want a new episode
though, I now agree with everyone that looking for the kid for three episodes is gonna be about one too
many already. I DON'T want to see the whole crew encamp at the farm, so I agree with the old man on
that one. I do want the farmer's daughter to join up and hit the road and give everyone some sugar, hell
I'll take some, too. I think it's pretty clear that Ram-bow and the short-haired mother are going to hook up
as a unit, which I think means that the kid is lost forever. But whe will need a shoulder to cry on and
apparently he is an old softie at heart. He overplays the mean guy act because of his brother's influence.
Left to his own devices he is gonna melt. Which is gonna be ugly when ol' Cap'n Hook comes back to camp.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #224
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I think it's pretty clear that Ram-bow and the short-haired mother are going to hook up
as a unit, which I think means that the kid is lost forever. But whe will need a shoulder to cry on and
apparently he is an old softie at heart. He overplays the mean guy act because of his brother's influence.
Left to his own devices he is gonna melt. Which is gonna be ugly when ol' Cap'n Hook comes back to camp.
Cap'n Hook
Old 11-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #225
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

My thought about the whole thing is when ever the main group runs into another group they will do what ever it takes to protect the group and stick together.
They will screw over every other group to save each other.
If groups like the farm group won't allow Ricks group to stay or do what "they think is best" the farm group will be destroyed and so on down the line.

They will absorb people that don't have anyone else or people agree with them, and they will be the fodder.

i also have not read the novels at all
Old 11-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #226
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Avast, lol.
I thought that was pretty cool when they lowered, jeez I have GOT to remember these names, that dude down
the well, and they were talking about plan B and he said, "not so fast..." How do you rope a zombie while you
are screaming and trying to climb the walls of the well? MAN, you know people are funny about what strikes them
and what they talk about in these threads. No one has said too much, or anything, about how screwed Lori is now
that she peed on that stick.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:57 PM   #227
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugie View Post
My thought about the whole thing is when ever the main group runs into another group they will do what ever it takes to protect the group and stick together.
They will screw over every other group to save each other.
If groups like the farm group won't allow Ricks group to stay or do what "they think is best" the farm group will be destroyed and so on down the line.

They will absorb people that don't have anyone else or people agree with them, and they will be the fodder.
We Are The Borg. You Will Be Assimilated.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #228
macsauce13
Have My Own Room

First Name: McKenzie
Trading: (38)
macsauce13 has a spectacular aura aboutmacsauce13 has a spectacular aura about

Old 11-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #229
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Old 11-13-2011, 10:20 PM   #230
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

What was that about?!?
Old 11-13-2011, 10:27 PM   #231
Lanks85
That's a paddlin'

First Name: Steve
Trading: (0)
Partagas
Lanks85 is on a distinguished road

Ok, one thing that I noticed about the show is the carelessness of the group members with regard to getting infected. For example, Daryll hanging zombie ears on his neck? Or shooting and eating squirrels with the same arrows that he shoots zombies with? I know this is getting very picky, but I thought I should mention it, considering how I would handle ANY virus that could be passed through human fluids (AIDS, hepatitis, etc). Maybe they are just staying true to the novels?
Old 11-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #232
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanks85 View Post
Ok, one thing that I noticed about the show is the carelessness of the group members with regard to getting infected. For example, Daryll hanging zombie ears on his neck? Or shooting and eating squirrels with the same arrows that he shoots zombies with? I know this is getting very picky, but I thought I should mention it, considering how I would handle ANY virus that could be passed through human fluids (AIDS, hepatitis, etc). Maybe they are just staying true to the novels?
Agreed! How many times have you watched him shoot a zombie in the head, pull the arrow out and reuse it? That's just reckless!

And keeping zombies like cattle is pure insanity!

Smoke what you like!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #233
Lanks85
That's a paddlin'

First Name: Steve
Trading: (0)
Partagas
Lanks85 is on a distinguished road

Potential Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
And keeping zombies like cattle is pure insanity!
Now we know why the doctor (Herschel (sp)) let the group stay in the house when they offered to sleep in the barn.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #234
OLS
Suck It

I don't think it's picky in the least to state that there is too little regard for body fluids.
When you set up a premise, as this one was set up, you need to feel like people are
pretty serious about abiding by it. When was it, the department store, when they said
"don't forget to wear the face-shield. You don't want that getting in your mouth, eyes
etc." And yet they get right in there and fight and swing clubs and bash incapacitated
zombies without even looking away or closing their eyes. But the arrow deal is the
funniest by far. I keep expecting him to pull it out of some zombies eye, slide it through
his mouth/lips, spit, and nock it right back onto the string.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #235
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I don't think it's picky in the least to state that there is too little regard for body fluids.
When you set up a premise, as this one was set up, you need to feel like people are
pretty serious about abiding by it. When was it, the department store, when they said
"don't forget to wear the face-shield. You don't want that getting in your mouth, eyes
etc." And yet they get right in there and fight and swing clubs and bash incapacitated
zombies without even looking away or closing their eyes. But the arrow deal is the
funniest by far. I keep expecting him to pull it out of some zombies eye, slide it through
his mouth/lips, spit, and nock it right back onto the string.
I've thought about this issue before. But from what I can recall the only instance of them alluding to zombie blood getting into the bloodstream w/o a bite was the one you mention, Brad. Other that one instance, they are consistent to imply that blood in the eye, for example, won't affect you.

Plus I've think it interesting that they have never once to my knowledge called them "zombies". They are "walkers," which I think breaks down the terminology into a simplistic, survival term.

I also think we are itching closer and closer to a Shane betrayal and/or breakaway, at which I anticipate him to bring up that he slept with Lori and claim the baby as his
Old 11-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #236
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Well 40 mins or so of watching Darryl in the woods kinda bored me, only episode so far that I thought was ho hum.

Also Merle is the Evil Yoda lol
Old 11-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #237
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Last episode was a huge let down.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #238
Powers

Bolivar

I really enjoyed the last episode and particularly the dynamics w/Merle and Daryl. We're all different
Old 11-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #239
w squared

I think that episode 5 (the last one) was a big step up from episodes 3 and 4. Merle was a nice touch, and the whole "Shoot Darryl in the head" scene was interesting...indicates that lawyer's shouldn't be allowed to have guns

Seriously though...there was no tactical or logical justification for Andrea pulling the trigger. Sure, keep him in your sights, provide overwatch...great. But shooting the "walker" when you've got three very capable combatants closing on "it" is ridiculous. I think that Dale's "Don't be too hard on yourself" talk is bloody stupid. Even if it had been a walker, shooting it would have been the wrong decision.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #240
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by w squared View Post
I think that episode 5 (the last one) was a big step up from episodes 3 and 4. Merle was a nice touch, and the whole "Shoot Darryl in the head" scene was interesting...indicates that lawyer's shouldn't be allowed to have guns

Seriously though...there was no tactical or logical justification for Andrea pulling the trigger. Sure, keep him in your sights, provide overwatch...great. But shooting the "walker" when you've got three very capable combatants closing on "it" is ridiculous. I think that Dale's "Don't be too hard on yourself" talk is bloody stupid. Even if it had been a walker, shooting it would have been the wrong decision.
I agree on both regards. Daryle has really evolved over the past two episodes, I initially pegged him as an abusive and selfish guy (like Merle) but when you consider the stories he told about him as child combined w/his dedication to finding Sophia, Daryle is a victim of his upbringing and finding Sophia is a way for him to come to terms w/his own past.

In Andrea's case, I think she was just trying to make a strong, independent decision and show "the boys" that she is not a weak dependent like the other women of the group have been so far