Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 10-20-2021, 04:28 PM   #2901
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
$64 before tax, Greg.
Think I'll Try Old Tub! Have Fun, Brother!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 02:23 PM   #2902
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Just Purchased This @115 Proof. Of Course, In Mobile, It Was $75.

https://www.binnys.com/spirits/whisk...-binnys-118121
Anyone Tried It???
Old 10-22-2021, 02:45 PM   #2903
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Just Purchased This @115 Proof. Of Course, In Mobile, It Was $75.

https://www.binnys.com/spirits/whisk...-binnys-118121
Anyone Tried It???
They get their stuff from Heaven Hill (currently), so what you got is basically a slightly younger Elijah Craig Barrel Proof(ish). I haven't had them myself but hear they are quite good, nice pickup!
Old 10-25-2021, 09:53 AM   #2904
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
They get their stuff from Heaven Hill (currently), so what you got is basically a slightly younger Elijah Craig Barrel Proof(ish). I haven't had them myself but hear they are quite good, nice pickup!
Had A Sale @ My Local ABC Store For ??? Allocation Specialty Bourbons??? Already A Line Outside @ 4:00 PM The Day Before For Next Day 10:00 AM Sale!
Didn't Want Anything That Required Staying Up All Nite In Line Waiting.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:16 AM   #2905
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

You are correct, bourbon is dumb
Old 10-25-2021, 10:26 AM   #2906
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Had A Sale @ My Local ABC Store For ??? Allocation Specialty Bourbons??? Already A Line Outside @ 4:00 PM The Day Before For Next Day 10:00 AM Sale!
Didn't Want Anything That Required Staying Up All Nite In Line Waiting.
Same here.
Old 10-25-2021, 01:17 PM   #2907
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
JL
Beagleone will become famous soon enough

Picked up a bottle of The Prideful Goat. Don't know much about it, but looks like it is 15 yo HH juice.

Old 10-25-2021, 01:24 PM   #2908
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Nice pickup! Everything I've heard is it's actually 15 year Beam (same with all the other mystery "15 Year Kentucky Bourbon" that came out in the last couple years), I love that Prideful Goat actually charges a reasonable price. There are going to be some flavor difference as with anything but these guys all paid the same for these totes, but some charge $100 and some charge $400+ for a bottle of it, I've had a few and one put out by my local group is a favorite so far but all of these (Prideful Goat, Doc Swinson, Hunt & Gather, Three Chords, anybody else who is not 15 years old mysteriously putting out 15 year bourbon last year) came from the same broker with has all sorts of NDA's. I've heard enough from people in the industry to believe they came from Beam
Old 10-26-2021, 08:38 AM   #2909
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I've been curious about the Prideful Goat as well, and am even more intrigued hearing it may be 15 year Beam juice.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 11:41 AM   #2910
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Interesting tid bit - in an old interview with Jim Rutledge when he was at Four Roses he mentioned that they taste test and formulate that year's LE blend 6+ months before bottling then keep everything in their barrels and sort of hope they turn out just as good when they go to bottle. I asked Brent Elliot last night if that's still the case or if they vat the liquid as soon as they're happy with the blend, he said yup they still keep everything in the barrels and try to plan for what it might taste like in 6 months but they aren't 100% sure what the final product will be like until they go to bottle. I'm sure the fact that they're going to sell out regardless gives them some comfort but you'd think with such a high profile release they'd want to be more sure of the final product before putting it out
Old 10-30-2021, 05:52 AM   #2911
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

I've read similar accounts that, yeah, there's a certain amount of hoping and educated guessing in play. But I reckon you're also correct that unless it tasted like porta-john water, people would buy it because of name alone.
Old 10-30-2021, 09:29 AM   #2912
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Latest Booker's finally showed up in Illinois....

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-30-2021, 01:49 PM   #2913
Mikepd
I Miss Pnoon

First Name: Michael
Trading: (10)
RA
Mikepd has disabled reputation

Quote:
Latest Booker's finally showed up in Illinois....
I've been keeping an eye out in NY and haven't seen it yet. Let us know your thoughts when you get it open Tom.
Mikepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 09:52 AM   #2914
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikepd View Post
I've been keeping an eye out in NY and haven't seen it yet. Let us know your thoughts when you get it open Tom.

Based on two pours last night, Mike, I think this is Booker's best batch since at least Beaten Biscuits. Looking forward to see how it develops in a few weeks of being open.

Old 10-31-2021, 10:24 AM   #2915
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:

Based on two pours last night, Mike, I think this is Booker's best batch since at least Beaten Biscuits. Looking forward to see how it develops in a few weeks of being open.
Oh, No! You're Tempting Me Into Spending My Money, Brother!. I Was Really Enjoying My Cheap "Old Tub", Too!
Old 10-31-2021, 01:49 PM   #2916
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Oh, No! You're Tempting Me Into Spending My Money, Brother!. I Was Really Enjoying My Cheap "Old Tub", Too!
Old Tub for every day. Booker's for Saturday.

Oh, who I am I kidding, Greg?

Old 11-05-2021, 07:47 PM   #2917
Gabe215
Have My Own Room

First Name: Gabe
Trading: (20)
Gabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura about

Heard mixed reviews on this, but all said it’s interesting to say the least… my local PA state liquor store was the only one to get ANY High West Midwinter Nights Dram, 42 bottles and over 100+ in line at 8:00 in the morning, ughhhh
Gabe215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 08:57 AM   #2918
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Curious about their Cigar Blend, Gabe, but never see it in the wild.

Picked up a 17-04 Booker's in trade for an even older one. I like this one a lot better, so why not?

Last night's pours:

Old 11-19-2021, 02:48 PM   #2919
Gabe215
Have My Own Room

First Name: Gabe
Trading: (20)
Gabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura about

My birds are wild and naked! Had to get some basics before the crazies buy everything next week, and yes… I know one of these doesn’t belong on this thread!
Gabe215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 04:41 PM   #2920
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

My half-brother visited his grandfather and brought me back this and it's almost a shame because it's a 68' Decanter of 4 roses, apparently it's his old "go to" bourbon. what's sad is i don't drink due to my health.